COE, ASQ, SHA, <deleted>

Stressing out here. So, I have tickets to fly into Bangkok on October 20th with my just barely adult sons. We are all vaccinated. My main concern is our lodging in Bangkok. Seven day or fourteen day quarantine we can handle. On Agoda, the rooms that show they are SHA are running about $1,000 for two weeks of quarantine. I'm attaching a photo I found on booking.com. Are there lower budget options available to quarantine in? Is the photo I attached legitimate? 

Also, should I get the COE before applying for a visa? Should I apply for a visa before getting the COE? We plan on being there for 60 days. 

319198641.jpg

• Confused 1

You need to go to the website of the Thai embassy that services your area and see what the current requirements are.  I think you still need a CoE and depending where in Thailand you are going t, the quarantine has been reduced to 7 days.

But this is new , so you better confirm it with your Thai Embassy. 

Go to their website.

• Like 1

If arriving in Bangkok in October you have to ASQ not SHA. Duration has been dropped to 7 days for fully vaccinated people but as this is new many hotels have not yet updated their price lists.  See 

If you can delay until November you can do SHA on Bangkok. Package prices yet to be announced. Alternately could do SHS now in Phuket but for that you need a through ticket to Phuket.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

If arriving in Bangkok in October you have to ASQ not SHA. Duration has been dropped to 7 days for fully vaccinated people but as this is new many hotels have not yet updated their price lists.  See 

If you can delay until November you can do SHA on Bangkok. Package prices yet to be announced. Alternately could do SHS now in Phuket but for that you need a through ticket to Phuket.

This seems to depend entirely on if Bangkok can hit a 70% vaccination rate in the next 30 days ????????.

• Like 1

Op.... As you are arriving in October your options are as follows: 

- Bangkok - ASQ (Quarantine - can’t leave the room) - 7 Days if fully vaccinated

- Phuket - SandBox (Can roam the Island) - 7 Days if fully vaccinated

IF you arrive in November (i.e delay your trip by 11 days), it would appear that there is no requirement to do ASQ (Quarantine) in Bangkok - BUT, you may need to stay at an *SHA+ hotel in Bangkok.

*Uncertain plans - (slgihtly off topic) its going to be frustrating for those with home in Bangkok to have to pay for an SHA+ approved hotel in Bangkok for a week when they could just stay at home !!!

Visa: Apply for a Visa before the CoE application. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, InquiringMind said:

Stressing out here. So, I have tickets to fly into Bangkok on October 20th with my just barely adult sons. We are all vaccinated. My main concern is our lodging in Bangkok. Seven day or fourteen day quarantine we can handle. On Agoda, the rooms that show they are SHA are running about $1,000 for two weeks of quarantine.

If your sons have a Thai citizenship try contacting the hotel directly for a quote as they (at least some of the hotels) have a reduced price for Thai citizens and a combo of Thai + non-Thai guests.

On 9/29/2021 at 8:37 PM, LukKrueng said:

If your sons have a Thai citizenship try contacting the hotel directly for a quote as they (at least some of the hotels) have a reduced price for Thai citizens and a combo of Thai + non-Thai guests.

And then let us know on here which hotels are exercising dual pricing so we can avoid them !!!!