The Infectious Nature of Misinformaton

Chomper Higgot

3 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

certain members here on the vaccination thread need surely to be permanently banned for persistent dangerous anti vax misinformation in clear violation of at least four forum rules re. inflammatory / provocative / abusive / inciting posts. 

one member even wrote they would be glad if all people wanting covid vax were denied it.

in practice thats supporting the random murder of millions. multiple forum rules broken…….

however I believe in absolute freedom of expression. such actions having non- criminal consequences.

no interest in protecting gullible uneducated fools, unable / unwilling to separate emotion from logic, or cant / wont distinguish real scientific/historic FACTS from pseudo science/ discredited conspiracy theories / religious nonsense……..

I think I know the post you are referring to thank you for reminding me to give him a trophy emoticon right now; his underappreciated sarcasm was only spoiled by his explanation a short while after.

WhiteBuffalo, its a little ironic how you are almost deliberately misconstruing (I'm going to be kind and presume you're not that dumb) mockery and contempt for pro-mandate folk when the context was all too clear to see. Misinformation cuts both ways, and you may be a bigger part of the problem than you realize.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Salerno, you probably should learn the difference between Disinformation and Misinformation. Both are bad, but are completely different in nature and intent. You and so many others on here casually switch between the two. It betrays a very shallow understanding of what is actually going on in the breakdown of information dissemination.

Misinformation goes both ways. Some sources are considerably worse than others.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

“context” ?  clear murderous statement was made then reinforced. if he’s a comedian he’s not funny.

and completely and stupidly on the wrong side of the argument…….

couldnt care less about intent or deeper meaning or “sarcasm”. seriously ? 

give that post a trophy ? arent you then “part of the problem” ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I think I know the post you are referring to thank you for reminding me to give him a trophy emoticon right now; his underappreciated sarcasm was only spoiled by his explanation a short while after.

WhiteBuffalo, its a little ironic how you are almost deliberately misconstruing (I'm going to be kind and presume you're not that dumb) mockery and contempt for pro-mandate folk when the context was all too clear to see. Misinformation cuts both ways, and you may be a bigger part of the problem than you realize.

Misinformation right now is only cutting one way. Unless you've fallen for the Misinformation.

If a member was banned, it was for a good reason. Sad you don't understand that. And that's our current problem.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2021 at 5:32 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

This explains why misinformation posts are repeated almost verbatim by numerous individuals and why those individuals don't actually understand the research/report/data they are basing 'their all too familiar arguments' upon.

I am assuming you are including yourself in this little tirade, because like everything in Science, there is no one truth, and the one you choose to believe is not necessarily the one closer to a version of the truth

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

The anti-vax do raise valid questions, and shutting down that discussion is actually giving weight to their thoughts, while discussing with them could educate their fears and concern,

nobody want to be vaccinated, but between stupid lockdowns that do not work, and vaccination, the choice is very clear, even if the anti-vax theory is true, we have to take that risk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

I am assuming you are including yourself in this little tirade, because like everything in Science, there is no one truth, and the one you choose to believe is not necessarily the one closer to a version of the truth

Hi GrandPapillon, I think I get your general philosophical point but you can bet 1000 Baht many people on this forum will take the opportunity to jump on the generality of your statement with the worst of intentions.

Let's see how they react though...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Atlantis said:

Hi GrandPapillon, I think I get your general philosophical point but you can bet 1000 Baht many people on this forum will take the opportunity to jump on the generality of your statement with the worst of intentions.

Let's see how they react though...

not everybody is gifted with intelligence, yet we have to suffer their "opinions:" ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shdmn said:

In your opinion. 

It's not!

but that's the thing, we don't really know. We can't assume that our version of the truth is "true"

anti-vax do raise valid questions regarding the safety of vaccine, it happened before, back in the early 90s with Hepatitis vaccine, you probably weren't born then ????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

The anti-vax do raise valid questions, and shutting down that discussion is actually giving weight to their thoughts, while discussing with them could educate their fears and concern,

nobody want to be vaccinated, but between stupid lockdowns that do not work, and vaccination, the choice is very clear, even if the anti-vax theory is true, we have to take that risk

I don't even like to use "anti-vax" anymore. Not on here anyway. On forums like these, that term is bandied around so casually that it's almost lost its meaning. And the sad thing is, this abuse has so blatantly been perpetrated for the sake of their egos and to cover-up their own poor argumentation, and even to get cheap, ignorant "likes".

An infamous one that comes to mind was the thread headlined  84 or (86%) of deaths being among the vaccinated that turns out to be a near useless statistic after a few seconds of reading.

Edited by Atlantis
Double-type
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1