Saw Palmetto Herb.

Luckydog

If you Google Saw Palmetto you will soon see that it is essential for Prostate Health in Young and Old.

Until now I have been buying it from Australia at great cost, but now I have actually found where it can be bought at very low cost in Pattaya!

About halfway down the Threpassit Rd on the right hand side going towards Jomtien there is a large Pharmacy.

In one window it has a range of Hospital beds etc. Thats where yhou can get Saw Palmetto cheaply and quite a lot of Vitamin Suppliments also.

Hope you decide to take SP.........

I would hesitate to say "essential". Thats like saying antibiotics are essential for survival.More accurately, Saw P. is a herbal remedy that aids prostate health.

Alternatively, Proscar is readily available and cheap (5 mg tablets).

and quite a lot of Vitamin Suppliments also.

the latest - and fairly decisive - findings on vitamin supplements show them to be very much less than useful to your health.

This is a very long running debate in health circles. There is no doubt that preventative health measures like a healthy diet, regular exercise, having meaningful work, and good relationships, helps maintain good health. The need for supplements and vitamins is then very debateable. But for those people still working in high stress busy jobs, supplements may have a strong placebo effect, even if they may not actually do much to improve one's health.

Having said that whenever I go into a large pharmacy here or in other countries, I'm amazed by the ludicrous claims of the supplement industry. I guess the snake oil salesman is still alive and well. It seems that many supplements now are not so much aimed at improving health, but rather appearance or longevity. I guess many people don't know much about genetics.

Tim

Sorry detractors but I dont give a monkeys what you say about Vitamin Suppliments I have been taking lots for the past 35yrs and I am very old and very fit because of it. OK?

In the sixties I interviewed Prof Linus Pauling the man who did more than any other to bring Vit C to the Worlds attention. He got two Nobel Prizes incidentally.

At that time he was taking a huge amount of Vit C.

The medical profession criticised him for that and predicted all sorts of maladies as a result. He of course ignored them.......

A few years ago I heard on my car radio an interview with the great Man.

It was his 90th Birthday.

At the end of the interview he was asked what he now said to those critics of long ago.

He replied "Nothing. They are all dead!"

The truth is, nobody knows how much and how many Vitamins we need at any one time during our lives for OPTIMUM HEALTH.

So I hedge my bets and take plenty. If my system doesn't need any particular Vitamin

it is excreted. But IF it is necessary it's available.........

And for Gawds sake don't say "Eat a balanced diet" 'cos a balanced diet for you may not be one for me....OK?

Tell me more about Proscar please kk

So what's the price Lucky....it's fairly cheap in the US.

I paid 100bht for a bottle of Malaysian SP it has 60 caps each containing 165mg.

Previously I had a friend bring it from Australia. It cost a hel_l of a lot more!

Tell me more about Proscar please kk

So what's the price Lucky....it's fairly cheap in the US.

I paid 100bht for a bottle of Malaysian SP it has 60 caps each containing 165mg.

Previously I had a friend bring it from Australia. It cost a hel_l of a lot more!

Thx....I'll check it out, I paid 22.00us for 360* 1000mg.

Sorry detractors but I dont give a monkeys what you say about Vitamin Suppliments I have been taking lots for the past 35yrs and I am very old and very fit because of it. OK?

In the sixties I interviewed Prof Linus Pauling the man who did more than any other to bring Vit C to the Worlds attention. He got two Nobel Prizes incidentally.

At that time he was taking a huge amount of Vit C.

The medical profession criticised him for that and predicted all sorts of maladies as a result. He of course ignored them.......

A few years ago I heard on my car radio an interview with the great Man.

It was his 90th Birthday.

At the end of the interview he was asked what he now said to those critics of long ago.

He replied "Nothing. They are all dead!"

The truth is, nobody knows how much and how many Vitamins we need at any one time during our lives for OPTIMUM HEALTH.

So I hedge my bets and take plenty. If my system doesn't need any particular Vitamin

it is excreted. But IF it is necessary it's available.........

And for Gawds sake don't say "Eat a balanced diet" 'cos a balanced diet for you may not be one for me....OK?

Yes, good point about optimum health. I'm not against all vitamins and supplements - I take some myself, especially vitamin B12 to keep the mozzies away. Also fishoil tabs. I guess I just get tired of all the emphasis on treatment rather than prevention. Especially the overuse of antibiotics. A bit more emphasis on prevention would save a lot of lives and money. But thats another debate