American suspect who allegedly raped a masseuse refuses to reenact the crime scene in Khon Kaen today, claims he felt “unsafe”

webfact

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

What’s wrong with your statement is the same how Thais think…you need to add the word allegedly…

nit defending him at all but need to follow a process…you can’t let the case be tried in public…

in the usa currently, it is rare but the Florida camping couple case has played out way too publicly…leading to the public has already reached a guilty verdict for the missing boyfriend…

I would agree most of the time, but as you know each case is different?  This particularly one comes easy for the public to reach a guilty verdict being human I'm included myself to thinking?  When you don't cooperate and the family seemingly has help in his disappearance and run the result thinking is such. For myself, something happened sadly between these two couples might not have been intentional but in the end based on time when they find him it won't be pretty?

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

You seem to forget that this is Thailand, and in Thailand a foreigner who commit a heinous crimes against a Thai person is first of all tried in the court of public opinion and as such, in this country, he's already presumed guilty... as for his future?, not worth a cracker in my opinion...

More seriously, there is no jury system in Thailand. Judges alone decide cases (allegedly) based on the merits presented by the parties (defense vs prosecution).

See Siam-legal.com

It's not an issue of "public opinion" but of "judicial opinion." These re-enactments are directed towards influencing judges, ineffect making judges part of the prosecution. 

• Like 1