American suspect who allegedly raped a masseuse refuses to reenact the crime scene in Khon Kaen today, claims he felt “unsafe”

webfact

3 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

The saddest aspect of cases of this nature is that the offer of bail is available. 

I'm still astounding as to how such a sicko like this could be eligible for bail. 

What kind of girl is the GF, who is with him now, maybe the refuse to believe type, who knows.

My guess would be if he gets bail he might fly.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, billsmart said:

Why would anyone do that, unless they are intending to plead guilty and would receive some kind of more lenient treatment or sentence if they cooperated in this manner? 

Public humiliation, not many countries do it. They have some similar in the US but less extreme called the Perp Walk.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PEE TEE said:
3 hours ago, Thailand said:

He is possibly guilty but shouldn't the guy still still have the benefit of"innocent until proven guilty"?

1 hour ago, PEE TEE said:

From what has been written he has admitted to to the crime. ?

As he has already admitted the crime(s), a reenactment is superfluous. It is a form of self indictment anyway, which has already been banned in this country.

I'm sure the police have plenty of evidence anyway, what with witness's, CCTV and probably forensics. There is no need for such a charade.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Benmart said:

The sick mob mentality on this forum has already tried him. That's a sad reality. 

Are we on the jury?  NO, if fact Thailand doesn't even have a jury system.

Do our comments sway his day in court? No, I seriously doubt Thai judges read this forum.

Did he admit the crime and blame meth? YES!

• Like 1

The only reason the word ‘allegedly’ is used these days because in America they are sue crazy, and this is why it became fashionable. If you were caught by the police over a body holding the knife dripping the victims blood, the news would say allegedly. Otherwise if it wasn’t proven in court multi million dollar law suits.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, billsmart said:

I, of course, don't at all condone or excuse this man for what he's alleged to have done, but I've always thought the Thai practice of having the alleged perpetrator "reenact" his crime is curious. Why would anyone do that, unless they are intending to plead guilty and would receive some kind of more lenient treatment or sentence if they cooperated in this manner? ????

We all need to be alert and aware of the fact that here the justice process is mostly bargaining. The earliest you start that bargain the better you get off. Involving a lawyer might be safer, especially in such a bad case , but will increase the cost.

So being uncooperative in the reenactment shows that the negotiations aren't in a good shape. Poor <deleted>.

• Thanks 2

Just now, bbko said:

Did he admit the crime and blame meth? YES!

Damn it, then he's dealer should be held responsible as well!

I'm being sarcastic and yes, I do believe in a presumption of innocence. However, if they can hold his confession as admissible when he still may have been under the influence tells me that the justice system in Thailand differs from the US.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

He SHOULD be afraid.  VERY afraid for his safety,

given the number of attacks by the assembled crowd on the person reenacting the crime feeling unsafe is very reasonable.

Since he confessed already, there is no reason to do it anyway

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RogerAwad said:

This monster has already confessed to the crime!!!

That means nothing, the Police often fabricate confessions in the press to give the facade of a better detection rate and to enhance their filthy public image!

These then tend to be forgotten when it gets to court.

Let's see how this develops, it's Thailand and is never usually what it appears to be on the surface.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HappyGoLuckyLife said:

Damn it, then he's dealer should be held responsible as well!

I'm being sarcastic and yes, I do believe in a presumption of innocence. However, if they can hold his confession as admissible when he still may have been under the influence tells me that the justice system in Thailand differs from the US.

We have also seen how a common method of how the Police extract confessions for those with short memories among us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Again none of us was there. It's her word against his, and I am not sticking up for either one. But just think for a moment, there are over a million pro's in Thailand and if they all yelled rape because they didn't the money they wanted all customers would be in a pickle.

Wow and off goes the defense squad. I am amazed at this and many other guys claiming false accusation. 

Did you read that the woman was on ICU straight after the accident. Could hardly talk. I mean if that is not violence and rape then what is.

All those innocent until proven guilty, sure but we are not real judges but give our opinion. Sometimes when the facts are so strong.

CCTV, 2 cases, multiple witnesses, guy admitting   then it just means the chances of him being guilty are really high. So we can form an opinion.

I bet nobody said innocent until proven guilty when the thai police torture case came out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ezzra said:
3 hours ago, Thailand said:

He is possibly guilty but shouldn't the guy still still have the benefit of"innocent until proven guilty"?

This concept doesn't apply at all in Thailand.

Ever watch the news?

More than half of this 'news' couldn't be broadcast in the UK or nearly all other countries.

Such 'news' that alleges this and that is called "prejudicing legal proceedings" and is punishable by imprisonment. 

Edited by JRG23

3 minutes ago, Panadadad said:

Read the story He confessed 

The issue is the accuracy of the report that he confessed. It’s possible that he claimed he was too high to remember anything.

I tend not to believe news reports about crime in Thailand without corroborating news stories. But, often, different news agencies publish conflicting details.

• Like 1