American suspect who allegedly raped a masseuse refuses to reenact the crime scene in Khon Kaen today, claims he felt “unsafe”

webfact

4 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

i can assure u the americans dont want him back .  i wonder if he is married to thal lady if he has thai citizenship. if so the americans wont be on the hook to take him  back . i can assure you american doe not want him flying to usa

I doubt very much he has Thai citizenship!

Re-enactments were *supposedly) banned some time ago. That came to light after another recent "re-enactment" went bad with a near riot as family and friends of a murdered woman tried to get at the (Thai) man who did it.

Not why it's so hard for some people to get it through their heads that This is THAILAND. Not the UK or America or Australia, which have different laws, procedures and ways of doing things than what Thailand has.

For example, NO "jury trials" in Thailand. Different "rules of evidence". No reporters allowed in the court room (hence we often never hear the outcome of a trial). 
Confessions often result in the defendant getting half the maximum sentence in consideration for not forcing a long drawn out trial.
While people who don't confess, go to trial and end up being found guilty usually get the maximum sentence for the crime.

I think the re-enactments were meant to prove the defendant actually did the crime and to explain how/why he (or she) did it.

4 hours ago, Thailand said:

He is possibly guilty but shouldn't the guy still still have the benefit of"innocent until proven guilty"?

Say If,If he's by chance Not guilty.How can he do a Reenactment of the Event.

If he does the Reenactment That sure proves that he's guilty. 

Just now, Scouse123 said:

I doubt very much he has Thai citizenship!

that means usa might have to take him back?  i wonder if he could be deported to usa and then charged in usa for something.  how much does it cost to house a prisoner in thailand?  nobody is gonna want this guy.  and now hes not cooperating with the cops. and blaming two rapes on drugs.  this cannot end well at all.  is his wife thai.?  will she get lambasted like brian laundries parents .  albiet laundries parents might be guilty of something.  whereas this scums wife might be totally innocent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Again none of us was there. It's her word against his, and I am not sticking up for either one. But just think for a moment, there are over a million pro's in Thailand and if they all yelled rape because they didn't the money they wanted all customers would be in a pickle.

I know the massage women in khon kaen, only a small % are prostitutes . 

This case is getting a lot of attention just because the guy is foreign. 

Something not adding up here, ismell a rat. I wonder how the gf from Amnat Chariern fits in, they're alway strange, in my experience. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Again none of us was there. It's her word against his, and I am not sticking up for either one. But just think for a moment, there are over a million pro's in Thailand and if they all yelled rape because they didn't the money they wanted all customers would be in a pickle.

Exactly right. 

What are the odds of a dispute over the fees and services rendered?

Edited by LarrySR

I highly doubt he'll get away with claiming he was stoned at the time. The CCTV will show if he appeared stoned at the time and the fact he apparently had no problem getting dressed afterwards and riding away (a long ways away) on a motorcycle will be evidence that he knew exactly what he was doing at the time. 

He may have gotten stoned afterwards though. Like drunk drivers who get into an accident and rush home where they immediately start drinking so they can claim they were sober when the accident happened and only started drinking when they got home to "calm their nerves" when in fact they are really trying to "cover up" the evidence.

And, again, remember that This is Thailand and pretending you were stoned, or had a mental condition (undiagnosed until after the crime of course) may not matter one little bit. The judge may still decide that, regardless of mental state, he was still the person who did the crime and therefore find him guilty.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

that means usa might have to take him back?  i wonder if he could be deported to usa and then charged in usa for something.  how much does it cost to house a prisoner in thailand?  nobody is gonna want this guy.  and now hes not cooperating with the cops. and blaming two rapes on drugs.  this cannot end well at all.  is his wife thai.?  will she get lambasted like brian laundries parents .  albiet laundries parents might be guilty of something.  whereas this scums wife might be totally innocent.

He will not be deported to the USA, as far as the Thais are concerned he has committed the crime here and will be dealt with according to their laws.

And to answer another part of your question, it costs nowhere near the amount of money to house them here as it does in the USA, UK or EU, because they just don't give a damn about any human rights acts.

I have no idea what you are meaning regards Brian Laundries nor who he is.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Exactly right. 

What are the odds of a dispute over the fees and services rendered?

Even if it was about services rendered the violence this man used can never justify that. If you leave someone unconscious lying bleeding on the floor who later has to go to ICU its not a dispute its a violent attack.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

I'm sure Thailand and the USA have a Prisoner Transfer Agreement by which a prisoner (in either country) can, after a certain period, apply to be transferred back to his home country to serve out the remainder of his/her sentence.

The home country (i.e. the USA) and the "host" country (Thailand in this case) both have to agree to the transfer. 

In many cases, such as for minor drug possession or maybe common assault or robbery, where the sentence in the "home" country may be considerably less than in the "host" country, the prisoner may be transferred and released. (If he's Canadian, like Michael Karas, he may even be released almost immediately despite having murdered, mutilated and dismembering a young woman in Thailand. Karas spent 5 years in a Thai prison before being transferred back to Canada and being released almost immediately. Within months of his release, he was arrested for a string of bank robberies he committed in that time.)

Many countries have laws that allow them to charge people with crimes committed in other countries, but it seems mostly they are about pedo sex crimes. So, for example, if some pedo assaults some kid(s) in Cambodia and flees back home, he could be charged in his home country.
However, if someone else commits bank fraud (for example) in that same country and flees back home, he probably wouldn't be charged (but may still be extradited back to the other country if they have such a treaty).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

He will not be deported to the USA, as far as the Thais are concerned he has committed the crime here and will be dealt with according to their laws.

And to answer another part of your question, it costs nowhere near the amount of money to house them here as it does in the USA, UK or EU, because they just don't give a damn about any human rights acts.

I have no idea what you are meaning regards Brian Laundries nor who he is.

He'll have to serve a minimum number of years here before possibly having the chance to be deported and serve the remainder in the US.

• Thanks 1

Also, most countries can not deny entrance to one of their own citizens, even if he's been convicted of crimes in another country. They would literally have to have an Executive decision or Act of Parliament and strip that person of their citizenship in order to ban them from returning and even then can't do so unless that person has citizenship in another country.

(UN agreements don't allow a country to make a person "stateless". If that person doesn't have citizenship somewhere else, his "home" country can't strip their citizenship from that person.)

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kerryd said:

I'm sure Thailand and the USA have a Prisoner Transfer Agreement by which a prisoner (in either country) can, after a certain period, apply to be transferred back to his home country to serve out the remainder of his/her sentence.

The home country (i.e. the USA) and the "host" country (Thailand in this case) both have to agree to the transfer. 

In many cases, such as for minor drug possession or maybe common assault or robbery, where the sentence in the "home" country may be considerably less than in the "host" country, the prisoner may be transferred and released. (If he's Canadian, like Michael Karas, he may even be released almost immediately despite having murdered, mutilated and dismembering a young woman in Thailand. Karas spent 5 years in a Thai prison before being transferred back to Canada and being released almost immediately. Within months of his release, he was arrested for a string of bank robberies he committed in that time.)

Many countries have laws that allow them to charge people with crimes committed in other countries, but it seems mostly they are about pedo sex crimes. So, for example, if some pedo assaults some kid(s) in Cambodia and flees back home, he could be charged in his home country.
However, if someone else commits bank fraud (for example) in that same country and flees back home, he probably wouldn't be charged (but may still be extradited back to the other country if they have such a treaty).

an american prison better than thai prison?

4 hours ago, Thailand said:

He is possibly guilty but shouldn't the guy still still have the benefit of"innocent until proven guilty"?

He has admitted it but saying he was under the influence of drugs (speed), so using that as an excuse, pathetic piece of sh@t. He has a girlfriend who has turned up with a lawyer, jeez their is no end to madness here.  

3 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

Maybe not, depending where he would be sent ! Might have better food and beds though.

Many prisoners opt for the transfer as it allows them to be closer to their families and may offer a quicker release, depending on the crime and other circumstances (like prior records, over crowding and so on).

Edited by Kerryd

3 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

I worked with a guy called Prowler, who was a convicted paedophile, well not really they were 15, and was transferred from Thai to US prison. Wonder what happened to him. 

17 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

You can't be serious ! BAIL ! ??  but if he has connections then i would not be surprised at all in Thailand. 

Everybody is entitled to bail in Thailand, murderers the whole nine yards.

Men who are as guilty as sin plead not guilty so they can spend years and years on bail or trying ways to ' clear their cases ' with prosecutors and the police. It's a business!

3 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Maybe not, depending where he would be sent ! Might have better food and beds though.

Many prisoners opt for the transfer as it allows them to be closer to their families and may offer a quicker release, depending on the crime and other circumstances (like prior records, over crowding and so on).

Rape is only a couple of years, isn't it? 

4 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

The saddest aspect of cases of this nature is that the offer of bail is available. 

I'm still astounding as to how such a sicko like this could be eligible for bail. 

I would agree following a fair trial and conviction however.,

So far isn’t it all allegations? 

Bail in Thailand.

Again (for the 3rd time) remember that This is Thailand - not (wherever you come from).

In Thailand, pretty much ANY person accused of a crime is allowed to post bail so they can be free to fight the charges. EVEN if that person is already in jail for other crimes !

For those that may recall, the "god father of Chon Buri" Kamnan Poh was charged and sentence to prison for his part in the murder of a political rival. While in prison he was charged over a corrupt land deal he had made. He was allowed to post bail and then disappeared for years (though he supposedly was "hiding in plain sight" according to some).

(His sons include the current Mayor of Pattaya, a former Mayor of Pattaya, the Mayor of Bang Saen, a Member of Parliament for Chon Buri and a former Cabinet Minister in Thaksin's and Yingluck's governments.)

As well, Thaksin's former wife was sentence to prison but released on bail to fight another charge.

It would be only in a very rare case where a defendant wasn't allowed to post bail, even for a serious crime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Rape is only a couple of years, isn't it? 

In some cases, yes. Been a few cases where "white privilege" has seen the cases dropped altogether. 

One has to remember that if a prisoner is transferred back home, his lawyer (which he can get for free unlike here) can present evidence and make arguments to a jury that wouldn't be possible over here and that could result in a reduced sentence or even an early release.

• Thanks 1