Udon police arrest Swiss expat who killed armed intruder at his home

webfact

On 10/8/2021 at 7:19 AM, balo said:

I hope the Swiss man is rich and wealthy.  Because this will cost him a lot of money.  

This is true,he will be kept in the slammer until he comes up with a substatial amount of money,probably millions.

hope he realises the hole he is in,better if he flees while he can    lawyer once advised farang inv in something like this  to get out of Thailand as quick as he could,..      his bail money will increase ten fold at least,feel sorry for him for what awaits,his wife will drop him as soon the proverbial hits the fan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/4/2021 at 10:58 AM, drand11 said:

Hmm...sounds like the Wife was out drinking.. met her admirer... goes home drunk..and her Hit man comes in to kill the Husband.  Who knows..but I certainly would not put it over the wife in this situation. She knows the killer, and the Killer had eyes for the wife. What do you all think?  

I think there is more to it.  Some talk of a land or property sale real or imagined.  Got to be careful about what one says over there

On 10/7/2021 at 8:09 AM, mikebike said:

Home and property mean very little. Everything I own that is worth anything is well insured.

What amazes me is apparently you feel the need to defend your stuff but not your loved ones. ????

I am a homeless millionaire.  I shop at Walmart and the salvation army stores.  I have no problem buying recylced clothes.  I just bought a pair of shorts for $3.49 and a real leather belt for $2.50 in Melbourne, Florida.  When I start spending 6 months a year in Thaland next year after this COVID nonsense settles out, I will NOT be buying any property, condo, gold etc.  I wear nothing but an $8 electric watch.  Too many stories over the years of Farangs getting into trouble from their ex wives, their ex'es relatives, or just random robberies as their properties are viewed as cash houses

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

I am a homeless millionaire.  I shop at Walmart and the salvation army stores.  I have no problem buying recylced clothes.  I just bought a pair of shorts for $3.49 and a real leather belt for $2.50 in Melbourne, Florida.  When I start spending 6 months a year in Thaland next year after this COVID nonsense settles out, I will NOT be buying any property, condo, gold etc.  I wear nothing but an $8 electric watch.  Too many stories over the years of Farangs getting into trouble from their ex wives, their ex'es relatives, or just random robberies as their properties are viewed as cash houses

OK, a real Cheap Charlie but what's your point  other than to say you're rich which apparently it's an American trait? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, pegman said:

OK, a real Cheap Charlie but what's your point  other than to say you're rich which apparently it's an American trait? 

In todays world being worth a mil isn't close to being rich. At least not in US.

10 hours ago, pegman said:

My point was to not invest any significant amounts in Thailand.  Plenty of jokes out there saying a foreigner is alilve until he takes out an insurance policy.

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

A lot of Americans, particularly on here, love to talk about money, their funds and investments and their 401K, and the fabulous returns they are always getting.

Hell, someone needs to point these gurus in my direction. We just have enough to be happy and content with life. I too want yacht and a Rollie! (JK) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

A lot of Americans, particularly on here, love to talk about money, their funds and investments and their 401K, and the fabulous returns they are always getting.

I'm amazed with all this wealth floating about that the country has any debt at all.

Everybody over there is a Millionaire or a Billionaire or a Trillionaire.????

True, many of my American friends attested to being millionaires when they could still get embassy income letters. Then the big crash happened, 555.

Edited by pegman
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, hgma said:

"justice for both parties' in an armed robbery 

that says it all.

i'm lost.

Exactly,

An armed robber climbs a wall in the dead of night of a foreigners house with a firearm which is loaded to attack a Swiss pensioner with the motive being robbery. The crime is far worse as it occurred in the hours of darkness and its a night time burglary with intent to rob and possibly cause commit serious injury or death.

The police then want ' justice for all ' ??????

A senior policeman attacks an unarmed member of the public who has his hands bound because he resisted other attempts at suffocation by the said policeman and his accomplices all captured on video. The police then issue statements to lessen and mitigate the crime of murder and allow the perpetrator to issue statements in his defense?

Out of the two cases above, only one needs thorough investigation.

Disgusting Thailand, disgusting!

• 4 months later...
On 10/4/2021 at 7:37 AM, FalangJaiDee said:

I like to play this game called “we all already know exactly what happened”

so this is what happened:

the wife went out and arranged for the Thai intruder to rob her husband, either because she just wants a nice payout and/or get rid of him under the guise of a robbery gone wrong.

the fact that she had to be woken up, and the fact that she knew the guy, is enough evidence. Of course they “had no relationship.”

I have a Thai girl who tells me straight to my face unflinchingly that she doesn’t have a boyfriend, yet when I go on her tiktok, she’s taking a video and he’s slumped on the bed in the background.

Things I’m not doing:

-getting married to a Thai woman (nope! Don’t care)

-buying anything that I can rent at all 

-?retiring outside a farang ghetto? 

If you stick to that winning formula, you will have a good and peaceful and long time in Thailand, while other people are in financial and emotional trouble and in despair.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1