Life in Thailand getting back to normal – but only if you are vaccinated

webfact

9 hours ago, poskat said:

we have been told that with the 2 vax shots you can still get infected, just not as sick

so someone unvaxxed is no threat to a vaxxed person

either one can get infected and pass it on

only the unvaxxed should get sick

An unvaxxed person still can be a threat to a vaxxed person with underlaying health issues and so more vulnerable.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ukrules said:

Effective antivirals would be in the form of tablets which can be widely distributed anywhere on earth, have a long shelf life and be administered by pharmacists directly to the patients.

If you can't see how that helps everyone then there's something wrong with you.

Don't remain so fixated on vaccines, they're not the only game in town.

Well vaccines are at the moment. Your condescending tone is quite offensive. Actually my concern for the vast majority of people in underdeveloped nations has nothing to do with a "fixation" on vaccines.

And until such time as your miracle anti- virals are tested, approved and produced on such a scale that they are available "everywhere" by every pharmacy then they will continue to suffer. And if and when these anti-virals are commercially available who is to say they will be cheap and accessible to everyone? That was supposed to be the case for vaccine right? And clearly that is not true. 

Don't be so fixated solely on your point of view. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, hioctane said:

I totally agree about a higher insurance premium for the unvaccinated like a smokers premium. 

Continue........ alcohol drinkers, people who eat too much sugar and salt, no helmet or seatbelt policies, special policies for depressed or suicidal people? Insurance discounts for those that shop at Decathlon? Your statement, or opinion, reeks to uneducated bias.

9 minutes ago, TooMuchTime said:

Imagine worshiping Pharmaceutical companies.  You just go with the flow and think because some people on TV said get the vaccine, that you should.

Today there is the news of the start of a vaccine program against malaria in Africa that is expected to save tens of thousands of children each year.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58810551

You and the conspiracy crazies would have them all die?

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Today there is the news of the start of a vaccine program against malaria in Africa that is expected to save tens of thousands of children each year.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58810551

You and the conspiracy crazies would have them all die,

Malaria untreated is more deadly than COVID...

It is estimated 30% of all cases of COVID are asymptomatic.  Those under 50 who get covid have a >99% chance of surviving.

Can you tell me how many children out of 1000 would die from covid if infected?  Can you compare that to malaria for me?

Why are you  not vaccinated against malaria and why do you not supporting mandatory vaccination against malaria?  I don't care if your risk of dying is nearly 0 either.

Edited by TooMuchTime
  • Like 2

Just now, TooMuchTime said:

Malaria untreated is more deadly than COVID...

It is estimated 30% of all cases of COVID are asymptomatic.  Those under 50 who get covid have a >99% chance of surviving.

Can you tell me how many children out of 1000 would die from covid if infected?  Can you compare that to malaria for me?

Do your own research, who am I your lackey!

If you believe Covid vaccinations kill more people than they save substantiate it! If you believe Covid is not killing people, you are somewhat isolated. Scare mongering wrt Covid vaccines is causing deaths. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Selfish anti-vaxxers? 

It's selfish to care about what goes into your body? What is wrong with you?

Getting away so easy? According to the scaremongers they are all going to die. As long as your are vaccinated; you aren't. So why the bitterness?

The scaremongers are not saying anything of the kind. It's selfish not care what goes into other peoples bodies. That's why vaccines are becoming mandatory. If it was only about self nobody would care.

2 minutes ago, TooMuchTime said:

I did do my research a while back.  This is what the CDC data set shows for COVID.  I used two different date ranges.  I guess with vaccines we can go from 99.97% survival to 99.98%.  Well worth destroying economies.

image.png.b0dd97eea03468e9c6daf3d1be06bfb5.png

How does requiring vaccination destroy economies?

• Confused 1

Ask the people on Phuket, Samui, at Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Hua Hin, and any other tourist spots now that requires / required being vax'd or testing to visit.  Killed the domestic tourism market, which was keeping the few surviving businesses open.

Been to Phuket 3 times in past year, guess I'll never being back there.  Simply asking me for a test is enough to turn me away.  Haven't been back to Krung Thep either, as don't like wearing a mask all day.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TooMuchTime said:

I did do my research a while back.  This is what the CDC data set shows for COVID.  I used two different date ranges.  I guess with vaccines we can go from 99.97% survival to 99.98%.  Well worth destroying economies.

Look at another figure, approaching 5 million Covid deaths in a matter of 2 years.... I believe this exceeds Malaria deaths. 

With vaccines, as you highlight, survival has improved by a large factor.... but certainly not from 99.97% as you falsely claim (that is cherry picking your numbers and frankly pathetic).... early pre-vaccine numbers were about 98%... in some countries far worse, Peru an example. 

There is no support for anti-vaccine rhetoric, and thanks to their use, economies are opening up.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, TooMuchTime said:

I am not anti-vaccine

Then this is not an argument we need to have, but you jumped in on a post I did not make to you. I made my own decisions wrt getting vaccinated and you derided it! I am in an age group more at risk, in a country that had rapidly rising infections at the time. 

Getting vaccinated has given me my life back. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, sucit said:

Wow it is refreshing to see there are people with sense still around. 

I think most people deserve to lose their rights, and I would not sulk for a minute at the prospect. You give in and blindly follow governments and corporations, follow the masses without a second thought, and also try to take away choices from your fellow citizens about their own health, you deserve nothing. You are a pitiful human being if you feel that way. 

So can we assume you never got a smallpox or polio vaccine, nor have any of your children (if you have them). Only the Covid vax has become political. Of course, if the Moonbat Websites had existed back in the days of Jonas Salk et al, no doubt the polio and smallpox vaxxes would have become political, too.

As William Wallace did not scream, "Free-dumb!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Walker88 said:

So can we assume you never got a smallpox or polio vaccine, nor have any of your children (if you have them). Only the Covid vax has become political. Of course, if the Moonbat Websites had existed back in the days of Jonas Salk et al, no doubt the polio and smallpox vaxxes would have become political, too.

As William Wallace did not scream, "Free-dumb!"

Not all viruses are the same.  Small pox and polio are deadlier than COVID. 

Those vaccines also provide decades of IMMUNITY and we know how many shots provide that immunity.

Can you tell me how many COVID shots are required for decades of immunity?  The best I can see so far is 2 injections gives you 6 months of some protection.  You can still get covid and spread it even with 2 injections.  After 6 months you essentially have no protection. 

How much decades of research do we have currently on smallpox and polio?  We got 9 months from discovering covid to getting a vaccine that doesn't provide immunity.

Nice comparison.  At least you didn't do the "seatbelt" comparison.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Comparing vaccines that stop you catching or transmitting the disease for the rest of your life with vaccines that don't ...........

Would also point out polio vaccine was fairly dangerous in the first few years it was out.

Better to let less cautious people test out new vaccines first IMHO.

Edited by BritManToo

17 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

Apart from at airports, I think you are probably right. Won't be anytime real soon, but I think more and more people everywhere are beginning to think enough of this nonsense now, and rightly so. This has gone on for wayyyyy too long already. The vaccines work and Delta is losing it's strength. Time to start cracking on again, even if you have nothing to crack on with. You will always have some curtain twitchers and those who will stay behind their sofa's, but that's on them.

Try and tell Russia that Delta are loosing it's strength.

Their statistics are going through the roof at the moment.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Since the overwhelming majority actually want to be vaccinated the few anti vaxxers who won't go there aren't going to change anything. Their refusal to go will only make the place safer.

Vax'd or unvax'd, you still can get & transmit the virus, so how is anyone safer ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

Not all viruses are the same.  Small pox and polio are deadlier than COVID. 

Those vaccines also provide decades of IMMUNITY and we know how many shots provide that immunity.

Can you tell me how many COVID shots are required for decades of immunity?  The best I can see so far is 2 injections gives you 6 months of some protection.  You can still get covid and spread it even with 2 injections.  After 6 months you essentially have no protection. 

How much decades of research do we have currently on smallpox and polio?  We got 9 months from discovering covid to getting a vaccine that doesn't provide immunity.

Nice comparison.  At least you didn't do the "seatbelt" comparison.

No one knows the length of immunity when a vaccine is first given. As it turns out, smallpox vaccine is about 50 years (which, unfortunately, terrorists have discovered). Polio seems to be for life, though that is uncertain. Nobody knew until time passed. No one can know a priori how long "immunity", or at least immunity from severe cases, lasts. Time answers that.

The first recipients of smallpox and polio vaxxes had no idea if immunity was a week, month, year, ten years or fifty years.

Also, the more folks who are immune to severe symptoms, or whose vaxxed bodies can prevent a high viral load, the faster Covid might go the way of SARS (whose vaccine only was effective for 14 months) or MERS (40 months). Mass vaxxing and ringfencing took away those viruses hosts, so at least SARS died off.  THAT is the goal of the Covid vaxxes---to eliminate as many hosts as possible so that the numbers game (mutations) has fewer chances to become something really nasty.

Because the unvaxxed who get severe Covid will be petri dishes for mutations, the unvaxxed are going to become Covid's "Typhoid Mary".

Edited by Walker88
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

No one knows the length of immunity when a vaccine is first given. As it turns out, smallpox vaccine is about 50 years (which, unfortunately, terrorists have discovered). Polio seems to be for life, though that is uncertain. Nobody knew until time passed. No one can know a priori how long "immunity", or at least immunity from severe cases, lasts. Time answers that.

The first recipients of smallpox and polio vaxxes had no idea if immunity was a week, month, year, ten years or fifty years.

Also, the more folks who are immune to severe symptoms, or whose vaxxed bodies can prevent a high viral load, the faster Covid might go the way of SARS (whose vaccine only was effective for 14 months) or MERS (40 months). Mass vaxxing and ringfencing took away those viruses hosts, so at least SARS died off.  THAT is the goal of the Covid vaxxes---to eliminate as many hosts as possible so that the numbers game (mutations) has fewer chances to become something really nasty.

Because the unvaxxed who get severe Covid will be petri dishes for mutations, the unvaxxed are going to become Covid's "Typhoid Mary".

A virus is not a living entity; it is merely a molecule with the ability to replicate. In a sense it's almost a pre-life form. Polio and smallpox are relatively simple molecules compared to Covid. Covid's sheath is made up of long chain proteins that can fold a number of ways. During replication it is fairly easy for the replication to err, which might make it harder, or easier, for it to attach to a cell membrane and piggy back off that cell to replicate itself. Again, it's a numbers game, so the greater number of virus molecules out there, the greater the chance for both benign and malign mutations. Vaxxed people---the latest research shows---tend to have significantly lower viral loads, and their body's natural immune response can halt the virus' replication. Unvaxxed people have significantly higher viral loads, and many folks get overwhelmed by the virus and suffer the infamous cytokine storm. They can also spread the virus more easily, because their symptoms tend to have them coughing and sneezing. Sadly, when their viral load is massive, they can pass it to healthcare workers, and the virus can overwhelm even a fully vaxxed doctor or nurse.

SARS could be beaten because it is only passed by those showing symptoms. So it was easy to vax and ringfence the exposed. Covid differs in that it can be passed by those showing no symptoms, so the most effective way to beat it is to take away its hosts, which means getting everyone vaxxed so they have a lesser viral load.

If Covid lasts for years and continues to mutate and kill, the responsibility will be on the unvaxxed.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Vax'd or unvax'd, you still can get & transmit the virus, so how is anyone safer ?

The first part you are correct, but surely you must know that the vaccines stops you getting seriously ill or dying, and therefore not being hospitalized and putting pressure on health services, THAT is the whole point. Also, I believe that if a vaxxed person passes on the virus to somebody else the strength of the transmission will be weaker.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

The first part you are correct, but surely you must know that the vaccines stops you getting seriously ill or dying, and therefore not being hospitalized and putting pressure on health services, THAT is the whole point. Also, I believe that if a vaxxed person passes on the virus to somebody else the strength of the transmission will be weaker.

If people weren't forced to go to the hospital, with few or no symptoms, just because they tested positive, then they'd avoid the 'pressure on health services'.  

I'm not too concerned about a flu with a 99% recovery rate.   

TBH, the vaccine scares me (healthy person) more than the virus.  I don't personally know anyone, or personally know of anyone who knows anyone who has died from the virus.  Although, just yesterday, my brother told me his friend (an anti vaxxer also), got his son vaccinated, as mandated to attend school.  And his son died from the vaccine.  Not only does he have the loss of his son, but now lives with the thought, 'he knew better', and still let him get vaccinated.

That's F'd up.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If people weren't forced to go to the hospital, with few or no symptoms, just because they tested positive, then they'd avoid the 'pressure on health services'.  

I'm not too concerned about a flu with a 99% recovery rate.   

TBH, the vaccine scares me (healthy person) more than the virus.  I don't personally know anyone, or personally know of anyone who knows anyone who has died from the virus.  Although, just yesterday, my brother told me his friend (an anti vaxxer also), got his son vaccinated, as mandated to attend school.  And his son died from the vaccine.  Not only does he have the loss of his son, but now lives with the thought, 'he knew better', and still let him get vaccinated.

That's F'd up.

IF that story is true then of course it's very sad, but the world is full of sad stories.

I'm not scared of either the virus or the vaccine, couldn't give 2 hoots about either of them. I've only had the vaccine so that it doesn't stop me from travelling in the future, etc. For me the world is a god damned awful place, I'm just grateful I had my day when I did and I'm not a young person today.