Thailand reports 11,200 new COVID-19 cases, 113 deaths

webfact

COV7.jpg

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Thursday (October 7) reported 11,200 new COVID-19 cases, 10,087 recoveries and 113 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

◼︎ 10,087 recoveries

◼︎ 11,062 new infections 

◼︎ 138 prison / prison infections

▶︎ Total infections since April 1: 1,649,434

▶︎ Total recoveries since since April 1: 1,524,431

Thursday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 1,678,297 with 17,418 deaths.

The news comes as The Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) reported rising numbers of new COVID-19 infections in the South, triggering concern from the prime minister who has tasked the Ministry of Public Health to put a stop to the increase and contain the outbreak in 2 months.

Government spokesperson Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana said the discovery of 1,922 new COVID-19 patients in a single day in the four southern border provinces of Pattani, Songkhla, Narathiwat and Yala has triggered worries about whether the number of infected persons in the area would continue to trend upward.

He said Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha had expressed his concern over the development and had ordered Public Health Ministry Permanent Secretary Dr. Kiatiphum Wongrajit to visit the area to check on the situation.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update07OCT).png

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The number of Covid-19 cases crossed 12.37 million across Southeast Asia, with 41,066 new cases reported on Wednesday (October 6). #Asean #COVID19 #TheNationThailand

https://www.nationthailand.com/international/40007139

Again Thailand is right at the top of the Infections within Asean.

I really hope that todays numbers will not become a trend, as the Country already has a massive task in front of them to get removed from Red Lists and Travel Advisories that have been issue.by various Governments..

36 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

That's a pretty good upwards bump with today's numbers. Makes 9ne wonder if it's from complacency by folks since they opened up and relaxed some restrictions. 

I would think so. It makes sense that infections would rise as restrictions are relaxed. Hopefully it stays manageable and vaccination rates continue to increase.

It looks like schools will be opening from 1 November (better late than never!) so that will probably cause a spike too.

• Like 1

Just returned from my morning run in Lumpini park.  Very surprised at how many were not wearing masks as they walked, and then they were in close proximity in groups of 6 or more just chatting back and forth as if it was all normal.  2 weeks ago the Park police were scolding and warning folks in the park who had removed their masks to put them back on or leave, today not a peep, pure complacency.  Yes we are outside and folks do not like to wear a mask in the fresh air, well the PM 2.5 today is moderate at 63, but still.....I know to each their own. 

All we can do is protect ourselves from others if you are so inclined.  Seems that folks believe as I said earlier things are back to normal.  Walking back from the park I was amazed at the folks walking to work, and the traffic.  Talked with a friend in the insurance industry and they are still working from home and all have been vaccinated.  Looks like the company at least is still taking Covid seriously. 

I was reminded today by a friend who called me from up in Udon Thani that the vaccinations are still rolling out ever so slowly and with the flooding in parts of the country I wonder how this is affecting the Vaccinations in those parts.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/weekly-trends/#weekly_table

Thailand still at #10 in cases for the last seven day period, new cases are down 7% over the past seven days as well which is showing we are in some type of upward trend.  Thailand at #5 in Asia for cases as of this mornings worldometers charts. Thailand also at 136th in the world with deaths per million, but in Asia they are 35th with 10 deaths per million.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just returned from my morning run in Lumpini park.  Very surprised at how many were not wearing masks as they walked, and then they were in close proximity in groups of 6 or more just chatting back and forth as if it was all normal.  2 weeks ago the Park police were scolding and warning folks in the park who had removed their masks to put them back on or leave, today not a peep, pure complacency.  Yes we are outside and folks do not like to wear a mask in the fresh air, well the PM 2.5 today is moderate at 63, but still.....I know to each their own. 

All we can do is protect ourselves from others if you are so inclined.  Seems that folks believe as I said earlier things are back to normal.  Walking back from the park I was amazed at the folks walking to work, and the traffic.  Talked with a friend in the insurance industry and they are still working from home and all have been vaccinated.  Looks like the company at least is still taking Covid seriously. 

I was reminded today by a friend who called me from up in Udon Thani that the vaccinations are still rolling out ever so slowly and with the flooding in parts of the country I wonder how this is affecting the Vaccinations in those parts.

Thailand still at #10 in cases for the last seven day period, new cases are down 7% over the past seven days as well which is showing we are in some type of upward trend.  Thailand at #5 in Asia for cases as of this mornings worldometers charts. Thailand also at 136th in the world with deaths per million, but in Asia they are 35th with 10 deaths per million.

Same idea as I wrote yesterday.. Because the numbers are low people think it is not so bad and they lower their guards and start acting "normal", but in fact it is even more dangerous now, because nobody knows how many infections there are.. low testcases and rapid tests which they don't count. Today more than yesterday almost 16.000 together, If they want that people follow the rules they have to be honest and test more. Okay more cases but people will be more careful

• Thanks 1

Updated numbers including latest figures:

Thailand currently sitting at 67th in the worldometer ranking table over the past 7 days at 10 deaths/million of population, up 3 places from yesterday. 2 places below the UK 

Number of deaths have fallen 21% and new cases 6% over the same period. 

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:
Effective today, Chanthaburi has banned all sales of alcohol until further notice. Including all stores. They state this will help stop Covid-19 and parties they claim are fueling more cases.

The individual provinces will be leading with more things like this which unless stifled by the CCSA will just kill any tourism be it domestic or even the few International travelers that have arrived....sad really.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, anchadian said:

From the 11,200 new cases:

- 9,996 were found via walk-in tests at medical facilities

- 1,184 via proactive tests at known clusters

- 20 imported cases

10,087 people have recovered in the past 24 hours

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1445987822524006403

24 hour recoveries seem to have lost ground to new cases.  Still no word on the sealed in workers at the factories in what Prayut calls another type of sandbox.  Wonder why they stopped reporting on the workers camps, markets and factories of late.  I guess out of sight out of mind, but then that just leads to more complacency as folks start to believe they are all unsealed etc....

Edited by ThailandRyan

CRA’s AstraZeneca booster jabs to begin Oct 20, Moderna registrations open on Oct 29

Thailand’s Chulabhorn Royal Academy (CRA) is accepting registrations for AstraZeneca booster shots for those who have already had two doses of either the Sinovac or AstraZeneca vaccines, with jabs scheduled from October 20th to March 10th, 2022. Registrations for Moderna and Sinopharm booster shots will be open from October 29th for organisations and hospitals.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/astrazeneca-booster-jabs-to-begin-oct-20-moderna-registrations-open-on-oct-29/

52 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The individual provinces will be leading with more things like this which unless stifled by the CCSA will just kill any tourism be it domestic or even the few International travelers that have arrived....sad really.

I don't see tourist dependent provinces going along with that idea.....the place mentioned, Chanthaburi, isn't a big tourist attraction anyhow....

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

UPDATE: 11,200 confirmed cases, 4,783 probable cases, and 113 deaths (1.04%). Out of 109,022 patients , 39,982 are in hospital, 56,290 in ‘hospitel’ and 10,065 in home/community isolation. 3,000 in a serious condition (-17) with 715 on ventilators (-5) #Thailand #COVID19

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1445918040101515266

If i have understand right (who can know in LOS)?! This 13.22% number is 7 days average prosentual infected rate? Infected rate was about 30% when same number was still numeral form. Next day after chance it drop 18%! Now they claim 13.22% rate ! From this number if you count how many average test have to make to get this number, its over 80000 test's / day! I think almost everybody know its HUGE BS! Its really good news if other numbers are correct and we go in right direction!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1