Using app to send one off payment from SCB to Kasikorn Bank

I've never ever had reason to do so previously but need to send 4,352 for services (no normal services lol)

As its personal bank account to personal bank account will the monies land same day as we see within the UK  ??

I was going to send via Wise but seems an ideal time to see if this method work effectively ??

Usually within a few seconds.

Can the receiving person send you a QR code (they might need to have Promptpay linked to their account), you can scan it with the SCB App and everything is automagic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Usually within a few seconds.

Can the receiving person send you a QR code, you can scan it with the SCB App and everything is automagic.

Thanks Crossy.....

Doubtless they could send a code. It was more a case of me saying yep it will be with you today via the app (or 3 days etc)

Appreciate your response

• Like 1

That worked extremely well.....I wont state the obvious in that it did indeed transfer immediately but what I liked about the SCB app was that it was click on the icon of receiving bank and enter just the account number.

Under review it tells you the account name (without you entering it) which obviously confirms the account number is spot on

Recommended SCB..... Greatly impressed a classic KISS method

Other Thai bank apps work the same way...pretty much just select the bank, enter the acct number, that will then show the acct owner, hit send, then the funds arrive to other acct within a second or two.

• Like 1

You do the same thing with most internet banking systems - no app or phone required for us Neanderthals past our expiration dates.  And it works fine for transfers/payments and is immediate - been using for years.