Thailand reports 10,817 new COVID-19 cases, 84 deaths, 9,981 recoveries

Jonathan Fairfield

6 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

UK nearly 3 times Thailand's fully vaccinated rate.

UK fully open 

UK testing 1 million people per day versus Thailand"s 40,000.

Thailand 76 different provincial governors with 76 different possible responses.

Thailand no joined up thinking, no plan, no consistency, no help for it's people, nearly a year behind the vaccine curve ball, begging for vaccine donations and can't even confirm a firm reopening plan.

34 thousand yesterday.Wow!, thanks.!! 

6 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

The virus isn't going away.

When you have a nearly fully vaccinated population, you can open up society and get a drink in a bar.

Why worry or obsess about the UK?

You jealous that people have their freedom back?

This is a forum dealing with Thailand.

Instead of the one line snipping, give me something constructive Thailand has done for it's people or other countries during this pandemic?

I have loads of anecdotal info but you would n.t accept that.Thanks tho.

• Like 1

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 119: 281,070 <— Sun

DAY 120: 770,947

DAY 121: 734,804

DAY 122: 730,807

DAY 123: 911,677

DAY 124: 1,010,072

DAY 125: 230,852 <— Sat

TOTAL: 59,539,624 doses since 28 February

32.0% of people now fully vaccinated

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1447072619342098437

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, garygooner said:

So Thailand's numbers now around 20,000.  It is good to compare other countries. How have Vietnam's numbers quickly dropped to around 1,000? Do they do/include antigen tests? 

Numbers... my head hurts. 

Vietnam is the same they do not include their ATK tests although they are being urged to do so.

Authorities in Vietnam's biggest city are urging the government to recognise positive rapid tests for COVID-19 to present a clearer picture of its outbreak, state media reported on Monday, a move that could increase the city's case total by 40%.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Today there were 84 deaths in #Thailand 43 males & 41 females Burmese (4), Cambodian (1) Age range is 5-92 years The five year old was obese 72% of deaths aged 60+ Most deaths in Bangkok (11)

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1447077166114480133

Any numbers on caucasian white farangs having passed away from Covid yet?

• Sad 2

Noted todays update in the Thaiger, I don't normally quote their articles as they're usually a second hand source but this is an original piece and show's an interesting graph displaying the numbers of various provinces. Chiang Mai which is due to be one of the Provinces to open on 1st Nov.

Cases 1st Oct = 64

Cases 10th Oct = 225

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/sunday-afternoon-covid-19-update-news-and-provincial-totals

data 10 oct 7.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chiang Mai’s Muang Mai market closed for disinfection after new cluster of COVID-19 infections emerges

Chiang Mai’s largest retail market for fresh food, fruits and vegetables, Muang Mai, remains eerily quiet for a second day today (Sunday) after the provincial communicable disease committee decided to close it for three days for disinfection following the emergence of a fresh cluster of COVID-19 infections.

http://thaip.bs/bkyDYRD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Noted todays update in the Thaiger, I don't normally quote their articles as they're usually a second hand source but this is an original piece and show's an interesting graph displaying the numbers of various provinces. Chiang Mai which is due to be one of the Provinces to open on 1st Nov.

Cases 1st Oct = 64

Cases 10th Oct = 225

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/sunday-afternoon-covid-19-update-news-and-provincial-totals

data 10 oct 7.png

Many areas outside of Bangkok are bumping g upwards, but then from anecdotal information at my local pharmacy near Chulalongkorn university Bangkok has been doing many more ATK tests then PCR tests because of the outreach programs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Phuket is preparing to relax entry restrictions. Starting from 16 October, if you are fully vaccinated or have recovered from Covid-19 within 90 days, you no longer need to do a Covid test. Full details are expected soon.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1447114747288043525

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

That is why they are pushing ATK testing.

It 'fixes' the numbers nicely by hiding lots of positives.

Yes, some are false positives (as are some of the PCR tests) but the majority are correct positives. These are conveniently forgotten.

It would also appear from the MOPH graphic, that the number of walkins to the Hospitals was equal ( exactly ), to the number of ATK tests at 10,055.

This could mean one of two things

1) The public when testing positive are doing the right thing and stepping forward for treatment, or 

2) The the number of ATK tests is only recorded against those that present at a Hospital.

ATK testing always , from the get go, had the potential to hide many, many cases that were failing to come forward upon being tested as positive.

However, its good to know that there are responsible Citizens that are seeking assistance when testing positive. Although, I think there are large number who are just given a few Drugs and sent Home to self Isolate, and that is why I believe that they are coming forward. Pretty safe in the knowledge they will be sent back home to self Isolate, and not be sent to a Covid Prison, unless really sick.

But this policy opens a can of worms hen the patients return back to their Home. 

How many will actually correctly self Isolate, and if they do not, they will just spread the Virus further.

This could be why there is a significant upsurge over the last few days.

4 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

UK nearly 3 times Thailand's fully vaccinated rate.

UK fully open 

UK testing 1 million people per day versus Thailand"s 40,000.

Thailand 76 different provincial governors with 76 different possible responses.

Thailand no joined up thinking, no plan, no consistency, no help for it's people, nearly a year behind the vaccine curve ball, begging for vaccine donations and can't even confirm a firm reopening plan.

And UK counting reported ATK results I believe.

6763 people in hospital in UK  versus 43299 in Thailand.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare

Edited by Petey11
Statistics added
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, koratkarlos said:

It appears that Thailand has honored its word giving 10% of the donated US Pfizer vaccine to foreigners.  That is how I received my vaccination.  And for me this was quite constructive.

Is that the best you can come up with?

Honouring a clause in the donation's contract?

You would be better thanking Turkey/Germany/US who made the Pfizer vaccine not the country that pulled out of Covax.

TVF twisting of the facts at it's finest.

19 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

No no no! they couldnt possibly do that could they?  so hard to believe! just look at how the daily figures are presented with .......mmmm total clarity ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Phuket is preparing to relax entry restrictions. Starting from 16 October, if you are fully vaccinated or have recovered from Covid-19 within 90 days, you no longer need to do a Covid test. Full details are expected soon.

It was fully vaccinated or just the J&J single vaccine and 1 of AZ, now we shall wait and see since it's 12 weeks between AZ jabs. That will keep folks like myself a d GF from heading home down like we had planned as her 2nd jab is not until December.

Edited by ThailandRyan

Why does no one ever talk about the four Southern Provinces. They combine for almost 25 percent of the total number of daily infections and the numbers are still growing.

Do I need to remind you of the planned Songkhla, Yala and Narathiwat sandbox/reopening?

1 hour ago, Cherrytreeview said:
3 hours ago, koratkarlos said:

Is that the best you can come up with?

Honouring a clause in the donation's contract?

You would be better thanking Turkey/Germany/US who made the Pfizer vaccine not the country that pulled out of Covax.

I am not sure it is the best I can come up with.  But for me it was the most important as I received my vaccination before many Thai people.  So I feel quite lucky.  It is clear that your point against Thailand is not correct so just man up and admit that you were wrong.  No facts are twisted.  30 year old foreigners are receiving Pfizer in Chiang Mai when my older Thai friends wait for Moderna.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, koratkarlos said:

I am not sure it is the best I can come up with.  But for me it was the most important as I received my vaccination before many Thai people.  So I feel quite lucky.  It is clear that your point against Thailand is not correct so just man up and admit that you were wrong.  No facts are twisted.  30 year old foreigners are receiving Pfizer in Chiang Mai when my older Thai friends wait for Moderna.

As part of the donation deal with Pfizer you got vaccinated, if i remember correctly, because that was part of the deal. I presume your a US citizen.

Well done. Congratulations.

Thailand honoured an agreement.

So what?

If they had have been part of Covax, you might have got a jab earlier.

2 hours ago, Petey11 said:

And UK counting reported ATK results I believe.

6763 people in hospital in UK  versus 43299 in Thailand.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare

To be fair alot of the people in hospital in Thailand is because their is a criminal waste of resources making sure positive testees are isolated and dumped into a jail/hospital. Clearly this threat stop people with symptoms coming forward to get a test, or even declare they are positive. 

4 hours ago, anchadian said:

Now also for Samui:

Starting from 15 October, fully vaccinated domestic tourists can go to Samui without having to do an ATK test first. Also people who have recovered from Covid-19 less than 90 days before. Exceptions are children under 6 accompanied by parents

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1447186053752782857

• Thanks 1