Could, should double vaccination become an entry visa and renewal requirement

RubbaJohnny

Could, should double vaccination become an entry visa and renewal requirement  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Regardlss of you view of vaccines , type, merit, efficacy this is whether they may become required once readily availble?

• Yes but exceptions diplomats, lorry drivers, those unable to have vaccine for medical reasons who must quarantine
    • Yes but exceptions diplomats, lorry drivers, those unable to have vaccine for medical reasons no quarantine f pass test on entry
    • No if proof of antibodies tested 3.7 days prior and on arrival
    • Not needed at all from countries deemed to be safe
    • Not needed
    • All moot as corruption and fake certs, vaccines means all irrelevant
    • No exceptions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/31/21 at 05:00 PM

2 minutes ago, internationalism said:

will require for entry, as now in thailand and almost everywhere in the world.

Not sure about extensions. It's not necessarily their business. I think more likely insurance (which is already obligatory for pensioners) or covid insurance

Until the booster shots come out and be mandatory, then immigration will check if you updated your vaxx with no. 4/5/6/7/8/29/30. All planned for early next year already.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

will require for entry, as now in thailand and almost everywhere in the world.

Not sure about extensions. It's not necessarily their business. I think more likely insurance (which is already obligatory for pensioners) or covid insurance

Yes that is a real cocern fo aged with pre exisiting as the Thai list of approved firms may deem folks in their 90s etc uninsurable at any price, very important point and one to think about before burning bridges.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Until the booster shots come out and be mandatory, then immigration will check if you updated your vaxx with no. 4/5/6/7/8/29/30. All planned for early next year already.

Interesting is that your opinion please? or their plan, its so hard to keep up and of cours ehere conflicting statements from medics TAT and government.

If you have a source be interested if you can add the  linky

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

yes, should be law, for societal protection, no opting out, extend it to all vax, esp. for kids, no different to wearing seat belts or bike helmets.sensible limited exceptions of course.  break the law= penalties.

no vax or legal exemption ? stay home until vaxxed. no visitors. cant work from home= unemployed.

Ok what age do you think of kids high schhol under 18, under 1o etc and why ? They may not suffer but can transmit once mixing at school. Not sure anywhere is vaxxing toddlers under 4s ?

You raise an important issue about enforcement which is haphazard, a bike can be confisctaed, drunks jailed but unvaxxed kids?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, digbeth said:

double vax or recent test is going to be required for domestic air travel now

If you have a source be interested if you can add souce?

How many days after double vax please, net suggest c2 weeks for full protection?

. I hope to fly to Had Yai in new year will be double vaxxed have cert etc.

I realize it is a dynamic situation and I imagine boosters will be continuously needed.

I read c 6months teh protection fades?

Is that the law of Thailand, MPOH advice or the airlines rules please?

• Thanks 1

Thanks since posting I  also realized teh same agents will see a new gravy stream all those fake income and savings letters will now have a surcharge for phoney VAx options, perhaps a major reason this may be applied not for our or teh nations benefit but becuse of teh eternal motive profit.

Of course Immi Offices can simplify not by rule just demanding proof to enter their premises to protect them and of course drect the hesitant to ther agent friend, or am I being too cycnical? With reduced flow of new expats , older dying of Covid or natural causes a boost to the income stream will be eyeyd keenly. In fact the unvaxxed may become teh richest sem , nay even a HUB?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

I have no issues with non vaxed being allowed entry if they have insurance to cover their potential medical costs.

and I have no issues with over 65+, smokers and the obese being allowed entry providing they can cover their medical costs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Yes that is a real cocern fo aged with pre exisiting as the Thai list of approved firms may deem folks in their 90s etc uninsurable at any price, very important point and one to think about before burning bridges.

Do any Thai insurance companies actually insure 90 year old farangs, and if they do, is the insurance actually worth it?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Interesting is that your opinion please? or their plan, its so hard to keep up and of cours ehere conflicting statements from medics TAT and government.

If you have a source be interested if you can add the  linky

IMO the /29/30 indicates that his post is satirical. Got a few jumping though.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Non vaxxed are now the super spreaders, the majority of those dying, the ones taking up valuable medical resources, and the ones preventing an end to the pandemic.

Agreed but surely you mean refusers? Those who can't have the vaccine for medical reasons must be excepted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1