Could, should double vaccination become an entry visa and renewal requirement

RubbaJohnny

Could, should double vaccination become an entry visa and renewal requirement  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Regardlss of you view of vaccines , type, merit, efficacy this is whether they may become required once readily availble?

• Yes but exceptions diplomats, lorry drivers, those unable to have vaccine for medical reasons who must quarantine
    • Yes but exceptions diplomats, lorry drivers, those unable to have vaccine for medical reasons no quarantine f pass test on entry
    • No if proof of antibodies tested 3.7 days prior and on arrival
    • Not needed at all from countries deemed to be safe
    • Not needed
    • All moot as corruption and fake certs, vaccines means all irrelevant
    • No exceptions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/31/2021 at 05:00 PM

4 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Links to credible sources?

The world and all events of the past 1.5 year? Or have you still not seen enough aligned in perfect global effort? Anyone knows the booster shots are for next year, they only delay that in western countries for now because that creep at WEF said we first need to give poor countries their first shots.

For Thailand it's already known too they do 3 shots minimum for the vast majority vaccinated so far, as they have 2x sinovac. So even a big chance for needing 4 here over time.

It's very simple, Thailand does it and if they don't, they will be back on all red lists to still do so. To know the future you simply look at Israel, Australia. Canada follows, then USA, then Europe, then the rest. It always goes in that order. People doubted the second shot too at starters.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

The world and all events of the past 1.5 year? Or have you still not seen enough aligned in perfect global effort? Anyone knows the booster shots are for next year, they only delay that in western countries for now because that creep at WEF said we first need to give poor countries their first shots.

For Thailand it's already known too they do 3 shots minimum for the vast majority vaccinated so far, as they have 2x sinovac. So even a big chance for needing 4 here over time.

It's very simple, Thailand does it and if they don't, they will be back on all red lists to still do so. To know the future you simply look at Israel, Australia. Canada follows, then USA, then Europe, then the rest. It always goes in that order. People doubted the second shot too at starters.

A simple "no, don't have any" would have sufficed.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

They didn't yesterday when I got my 1 year extension.

No insurance of any kind either.

I'm good until Mid-November 2022 now ...........

I'm the same. No insurance required except now as part of the COE process. I'm up for renewal in March.

1 minute ago, ChaiyaTH said:

You must be blind entirely in that case, i expect an personal apology when the news comes in by januari ???? 

You post your guesses/assumptions as facts and I call you on it. I would gladly give you several things but I'm afraid an apology isn't one of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

What do you still not understand of this? Vaccination will be required, this will be first double shots, later 3-4 total or even yearly renewals (at minimum). Further systems to check on everyone etc are being implemented, and not anywhere likely to go away. 

Obviously immigration checks and insurance checks domestically also follow suit. So which part exactly, do you not understand? People in the USA are thrown of transplant lists for not being vaccinated already. 

This all was just a warm up, the winter is coming aside of a economic collapse.

What you are saying is well known and understood except amongst the covid deniers and anti vaxxers. We'll be getting annual covid shots for the rest of our lives. No different from the annual flu vaccine. As a matter of fact, Pfizer is working on a combo jab that covers both.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Since when was insurance obligatory for pensioners?

my bad, I am only on non-o.

"Other documents that may be required to be presented:*

Police Clearance

Medical Certificate

Health Insurance

* These are not usually required if the visa application is submitted inside Thailand, though there are rare cases, however, when an official from the Thai embassy or consulate may ask for them before issuance of the visa."

https://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-visa/Thailand-Retirement-Visa.php

I'm into being consistent!  Why just us?  when the leaders start to demand within their own like bringing in illegal immigrates to work without being tested or vaccinated moving them around the country to work I will be glad to follow the piper!  I'm happy to have gotten my two shots of Pfizer which now is reported the protection wanders after six month will I be as lucky down the road to get a Pfizer booster? 

I'm an expat which is a small minority here in Thailand if I catch the virus even with my shots then it is highly likely came from a Thai so should everyone be required to stay and work in Thailand be vaccinated why just us?  ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A post with unsubstantiated claims about the "Non vaxxed are now the super spreaders" and the replies have been removed as there was no supporting link provided at the time. 

A post with content that was copy and pasted from some site without a supporting link and the replies have been removed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:
20 hours ago, Moonlover said:

therefor it would discriminatory for immigration to insist on it.

13 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I don't believe discrimination comes under medical grounds, just saying.

The Longman Dictionary defines 'discriminatory' as: 'treating a person or a group of people differently'.

To exclude 'medical grounds' from that definition would be, well discriminatory wouldn't it?

Just saying.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Confused 1

There is no requirement to show proof of vaccination for measels, mumps, polio, rubella or any other vaccinations I had as a child. There is also no requirement for proof of a flu vaccine, Hep A or B, pneumococal, HPV.

Requiring proof of covid vaccination will be burdensome on all sides, and there will likely be limitations on the vaccination brand and country in which it was given. If only the world had one single standard and accepted all vaccinations approved, temporarily or not,  but the World Health Organisation.

18 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

The Longman Dictionary defines 'discriminatory' as: 'treating a person or a group of people differently'. Just saying.

I think if you look at a meaning from a dictionary Vs Thai law, we know which one would win hands down, just saying.

The above said, if they made it mandatory, they would more than likely have to exclude those with medical conditions that would be effected by taking the vaccines, e.g. medically excluded with certificate stating the reasons/affectations.

Part 2
Equality

Section 30. All persons are equal before the law and shall enjoy equal protection under the law.

Men and women shall enjoy equal rights.

Unjust discrimination against a person on the grounds of the difference in origin, race, language, sex, age, disability, physical or health condition, personal status, economic or social standing, religious belief, education or constitutionally political view, shall not be permitted.

Measures determined by the State in order to eliminate obstacle to or to promote persons’ ability to exercise their rights and liberties as other persons shall not be deemed as unjust discrimination under paragraph three.

http://www.asianlii.org/th/legis/const/2007/1.html

Edited by 4MyEgo

23 hours ago, internationalism said:

will require for entry, as now in thailand and almost everywhere in the world.

Not sure about extensions. It's not necessarily their business. I think more likely insurance (which is already obligatory for pensioners) or covid insurance

Insurance for pensioners is neither obligatory or possible over 75

• Like 1

“The Longman Dictionary defines 'discriminatory' as: 'treating a person or a group of people differently”. terribly wrong & quite stupid “defintion”. an adult for example will be justifiably treated

“differently” to a new born baby…..also there are in fact two meanings, prejudice & differentiation.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scott Tracy said:

There is no requirement to show proof of vaccination for measels, mumps, polio, rubella or any other vaccinations I had as a child. There is also no requirement for proof of a flu vaccine, Hep A or B, pneumococal, HPV.

Requiring proof of covid vaccination will be burdensome on all sides, and there will likely be limitations on the vaccination brand and country in which it was given. If only the world had one single standard and accepted all vaccinations approved, temporarily or not,  but the World Health Organisation.

Times are different. We're in the middle of the worst pandemic in a century. Not to mention, like the other jabs, it's done to protect YOUR health AND the health of OTHERS.  Don't get why some are so against us getting back to normal.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2021 at 1:02 PM, MRToMRT said:

I have no issues with non vaxed being allowed entry if they have insurance to cover their potential medical costs.

what about old people > 50, overweight people, people that smoke, drink, engage in risky business with bargirls/freelancers. Should we also require them all to be denied entry as well unless they have insurance, pass a health exam upon arrival, full std test and run 5km in under 30 minutes maybe ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2021 at 1:02 PM, MRToMRT said:

I have no issues with non vaxed being allowed entry if they have insurance to cover their potential medical costs.

The problem is these people reduce the availability of  ICU beds whether they pay for them or not. Maybe in the future when the pandemic has been successfully contained to a low chronic level. But not anytime soon.

On 10/10/2021 at 2:02 AM, MRToMRT said:

I concur.  A vaccinated person should have very little to fear so it should be a non issue.  People drink, smoke, drive without seat belts, etc.  I see COVID risks the same way.  If a country mandates vaccines, well so be it.  It is their country and their right to do so

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The problem is these people reduce the availability of  ICU beds whether they pay for them or not. Maybe in the future when the pandemic has been successfully contained to a low chronic level. But not anytime soon.

So don't admit them if not vaccinated.  Actions have consequences.  If they choose not to be vaccinated, then they have to tough it out

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Times are different. We're in the middle of the worst pandemic in a century. Not to mention, like the other jabs, it's done to protect YOUR health AND the health of OTHERS.  Don't get why some are so against us getting back to normal.

How many deaths are caused by heart disease?

• Heart disease and its related conditions are the leading cause of death in the United States. Nearly 800,000 people die each year from heart disease and stroke, and at least 200,000 of these deaths are preventable, according to the CDC
  • Like 1

Thanks all for a variety of views.

I realize some here are non native speakers of English or learnt simplified English.

I did state as we hardly need a debate about efficacy.

"Regardlss of you view of vaccines , type, merit, efficacy this is whether they may become required once readily availble?"

An interesting point about discrimination.

At present we see not just informal dual pricing , signs in local hotels, restaurants but government organisations like National parks and museums allow a price  apartheid so the precedent is set.

Even with cash and determnation I think seeking satisfaction via recourse to teh legal system" wll be futile in trying to enforce equal treatment with locals, e.g. land ownership, health and education access come to mnd.

My other concern like others is not that WHO approved  vaccinations will be madatory once readily available they may well charge 'trapped old farangs who cannot travel " to pay not just the nominal costs of  medicine but a whole time consuming rigmarole of paperwork stamps, tiring day trips to distant ofices, clinic, agencies where a simple QCODE sent from MOPH to Immigration can suffice.

I too am guilty of a tangent on the issue of compulsary Health Insurance for folks over retirement age  permanently in Thailand with no other residence where tahy can buy health cover.

Has anyone over 75 purchased comprehensive health cover, from whom at what ballpark price please?

Even without pre existing teh acturial tables even for honest firms like TokioMarine Axa or Zirich will make centurion insurance impossible.

Edited by RubbaJohnny
typo