Jump to content

Could, should double vaccination become an entry visa and renewal requirement


RubbaJohnny

Could, should double vaccination become an entry visa and renewal requirement  

107 members have voted

  1. 1. Regardlss of you view of vaccines , type, merit, efficacy this is whether they may become required once readily availble?

    • Yes but exceptions diplomats, lorry drivers, those unable to have vaccine for medical reasons who must quarantine
      17
    • Yes but exceptions diplomats, lorry drivers, those unable to have vaccine for medical reasons no quarantine f pass test on entry
      9
    • No if proof of antibodies tested 3.7 days prior and on arrival
      2
    • Not needed at all from countries deemed to be safe
      1
    • Not needed
      39
    • All moot as corruption and fake certs, vaccines means all irrelevant
      5
    • No exceptions
      30

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/31/21 at 05:00 PM

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, lucky2008 said:

I've been travelling for the past 18 months (restrictions allowing) and it isn't as bad you you might think it is.  In fact, I'll be flying in the next couple days so I'll make sure to tell you how it goes. 

 

15 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

Thank you! But I live here in Thailand so the quarantine for me is not an issue.

If I do have travel out of the country, something I haven't done in over 16 years, I'll make sure to get the best quarantine hotel money can buy.

Stop making things seem worse than then actually are.   

So this travel you've done the past 18 months, whilst referring to EU requirements etc, was all internal in Thailand, and you haven't flown to another country in 16+ years.  Glad that's working out for you.

 

I think everyone understands domestic travel is easy without the same Visa/passport/COE/vax/etc requirements...of course that's not what folks are talking about here.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2021 at 12:55 AM, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

yes, should be law, for societal protection, no opting out, extend it to all vax, esp. for kids, no different to wearing seat belts or bike helmets.sensible limited exceptions of course.  break the law= penalties.

Not an anti-vaxers but this comparison does not apply. One is injecting something into your body and the other is wearing something on your body like a shirt. Not the same. Can be equated with mask mandates but not with vaccine mandates.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, adexgh said:

We can get back to normal without any mandates, do you believe to your corrupt politician?

You don't even know who my politician is, so you have no idea if they are corrupt. And no, we won't get back to normal without mandates. Too many ignorant and stubborn people.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lucky2008 said:

Thank you! But I live here in Thailand so the quarantine for me is not an issue.

If I do have travel out of the country, something I haven't done in over 16 years, I'll make sure to get the best quarantine hotel money can buy.

Stop making things seem worse than then actually are.   

Even traveling around the country is difficult. Each province has it's own requirements. Some of which include quarantine. My friends just did this to go back and see their relatives.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Someone Else said:

 

So this travel you've done the past 18 months, whilst referring to EU requirements etc, was all internal in Thailand, and you haven't flown to another country in 16+ years.  Glad that's working out for you.

 

I think everyone understands domestic travel is easy without the same Visa/passport/COE/vax/etc requirements...of course that's not what folks are talking about here.

The OP is asking if an individual could or should be double vaccinated upon entering Thailand.  And I said, if Asia follows what the European Union Commission has done in regards to it Digital COVID Certificates the answer is, NO.  

It's ridiculous for you all think that only vaccinated people are going to be allowed in. Stop dreaming, it's not go happen.  


At this present time being vaccinated is not be a pre-condition to enter or travel regionally in Thailand. 
 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, lucky2008 said:

The OP is asking if an individual could or should be double vaccinated upon entering Thailand.  And I said, if Asia follows what the European Union Commission has done in regards to it Digital COVID Certificates the answer is, NO.  

It's ridiculous for you all think that only vaccinated people are going to be allowed in. Stop dreaming, it's not go happen.  


At this present time being vaccinated is not be a pre-condition to enter or travel regionally in Thailand. 
 

Each province has it's own requirements. A few are imposing quarantines if not vaccinated. It's going to be harder and harder for the unvaccinated to live a normal life.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Each province has it's own requirements. A few are imposing quarantines if not vaccinated. It's going to be harder and harder for the unvaccinated to live a normal life.

I would disagree,

A business needs all the customers it can get, let's assume 20% (or more) of the world don't get vaccinated. How many business do you think can afford to operate refusing service to 20% of their potential customers? Most business these days are operating on the edge ................

 

I'm totally happy to live without air travel, hotels, entering a bank, shopping Mall or chain store.

I already have my VISA extension until mid-November 2022.

How are 'they' going to make my life harder?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, lucky2008 said:

The OP is asking if an individual could or should be double vaccinated upon entering Thailand.  And I said, if Asia follows what the European Union Commission has done in regards to it Digital COVID Certificates the answer is, NO.  

It's ridiculous for you all think that only vaccinated people are going to be allowed in. Stop dreaming, it's not go happen.  


At this present time being vaccinated is not be a pre-condition to enter or travel regionally in Thailand. 
 

I never said only vaccinated people would be allowed entry to Thailand or anything like that, it may surprise you to know my world view extends well beyond Thailand.  Even in a place insanely desperate for tourists like Thailand, the unvaccinated visitors will evidently still be subject to quarantine.  Other countries won't let you in at all.

 

Your choice is to subject yourself to confinement and curtail your freedom of movement while fantasizing about fictitious "rights" and non-sequitur what-ifs.  My choice is to embrace and enjoy the real-world freedoms that "double vaccination" confers. 

 

Just two different decisions with different consequences, I think we can respect each others' choices and call it a day.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I would disagree,

A business needs all the customers it can get, let's assume 20% (or more) of the world don't get vaccinated. How many business do you think can afford to operate refusing service to 20% of their potential customers? Most business these days are operating on the edge ................

 

I'm totally happy to live without air travel, hotels, entering a bank, shopping Mall or chain store.

I already have my VISA extension until mid-November 2022.

How are 'they' going to make my life harder?

It's not up to the individual businesses. If it was, we'd never had lockdowns and many more millions would be dead.

 

Guaranteed. Vaccinations are becoming a fact of life. The majority are jabbed and getting tired of the ones who refuse for ridiculous reasons. Time to get back to normal.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the vaccine is great as it's absolutely saved 100,000s/millions of lives

 

I'm also getting my first jab next week.

However, do you guys not think the "preventing onward transmission" thing is a bit overstated and being used to bully people a bit? I'm not convinced it's such a massive variable as some are making out (whereas taking the vaccine is massive for protecting the taker). 

Recent study is interesting on this: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.09.28.21264260v1.full.pdf

"Transmission reductions declined over time since second vaccination, for Delta reaching 42 similar levels to unvaccinated individuals by 12 weeks for ChAdOx1 and attenuating 43 substantially for BNT162b2."

 

Genuine thoughts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ThailandPermanent said:

I think the vaccine is great as it's absolutely saved 100,000s/millions of lives

 

I'm also getting my first jab next week.

However, do you guys not think the "preventing onward transmission" thing is a bit overstated and being used to bully people a bit? I'm not convinced it's such a massive variable as some are making out (whereas taking the vaccine is massive for protecting the taker). 

Recent study is interesting on this: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.09.28.21264260v1.full.pdf

"Transmission reductions declined over time since second vaccination, for Delta reaching 42 similar levels to unvaccinated individuals by 12 weeks for ChAdOx1 and attenuating 43 substantially for BNT162b2."

 

Genuine thoughts?

Well I would not put much thought into it as Articles on medRxiv are not certified by peer review, edited, or typeset before being posted online. All manuscripts undergo a basic screening process for offensive and/or non-scientific content and for material that might pose a health risk and are checked for plagiarism.

 

The final footnote in the article gives this caveat:

 

 

"The views expressed in this publication are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the NHS, the National Institute for Health"

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ThailandPermanent said:

I think the vaccine is great as it's absolutely saved 100,000s/millions of lives

 

I'm also getting my first jab next week.

However, do you guys not think the "preventing onward transmission" thing is a bit overstated and being used to bully people a bit? I'm not convinced it's such a massive variable as some are making out (whereas taking the vaccine is massive for protecting the taker). 

Recent study is interesting on this: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.09.28.21264260v1.full.pdf

"Transmission reductions declined over time since second vaccination, for Delta reaching 42 similar levels to unvaccinated individuals by 12 weeks for ChAdOx1 and attenuating 43 substantially for BNT162b2."

 

Genuine thoughts?

The vaccine is massive for preventing onward transmission. As indicated by every credible doctor and scientist.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

The vaccine is massive for preventing onward transmission. As indicated by every credible doctor and scientist.

OK but can you actually provide some papers showing data to support this?

Again, I'm taking the vaccine next month, and would have sooner but had to wait for my age group's turn. So, it's not as if I'm one of these people constantly linking to VAERS and Mike Yeadon.

 

I'm actually genuinely interested in reading up on this, but this is typically the response I get when I try to look for data/papers/numbers on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ThailandPermanent said:

OK but can you actually provide some papers showing data to support this?

Again, I'm taking the vaccine next month, and would have sooner but had to wait for my age group's turn. So, it's not as if I'm one of these people constantly linking to VAERS and Mike Yeadon.

 

I'm actually genuinely interested in reading up on this, but this is typically the response I get when I try to look for data/papers/numbers on it.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/08/study-ties-covid-vaccines-lower-transmission-rates

 

COVID-19 vaccines appear to help prevent transmission between household contacts, with secondary attack rates dropping from 31% to 11% if the index patient was fully vaccinated, according to a Eurosurveillance study yesterday. The population-based data looked at the Netherlands from February to May, when the Alpha variant (B117) was dominant and the available vaccines were by Pfizer/BioNTech, AstraZeneca/Oxford, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson.

"This finding underscores the importance of full vaccination of close contacts of vulnerable persons," the researchers write. "Further research is needed to determine whether the observed differences between the different vaccines are due to the small sample size or have real public health relevance."

 

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02689-y

 

The first study to look directly at how well vaccines prevent the spread of the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2 brings good news and bad.

 

The study shows that people who become infected with the Delta variant are less likely to pass the virus to their close contacts if they have already had a COVID-19 vaccine than if they haven’t1. But that protective effect is relatively small, and dwindles alarmingly at three months after the receipt of the second shot.

The findings add to scientists’ understanding of the vaccination’s effect on curbing Delta’s spread, but are “both more and less encouraging”, says Marm Kilpatrick, an infectious-disease researcher at the University of California, Santa Cruz.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

It's not up to the individual businesses. If it was, we'd never had lockdowns and many more millions would be dead.

 

Guaranteed. Vaccinations are becoming a fact of life. The majority are jabbed and getting tired of the ones who refuse for ridiculous reasons. Time to get back to normal.

Speak for yourself, I'm vaxxed and not angry at anyone.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

But you post misinformation a lot. All of it anti vaccine and denying the severity of the virus. A lot of angry misinformation.

I don't deny covid, and yeah I'm against the folks preaching how safe this new vaccine is. Especially those who feel we should vaxx for others. You keep up the good fight, got a flight to catch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, placeholder said:

Would that be still another flight from reality?

Considering the websites he posts links, I'd say that you are correct. Sadly.

 

Misinformation is the biggest health threat today. Sad so many fall for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.





×
×
  • Create New...