Could, should double vaccination become an entry visa and renewal requirement

RubbaJohnny

Could, should double vaccination become an entry visa and renewal requirement  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Regardlss of you view of vaccines , type, merit, efficacy this is whether they may become required once readily availble?

• Yes but exceptions diplomats, lorry drivers, those unable to have vaccine for medical reasons who must quarantine
    • Yes but exceptions diplomats, lorry drivers, those unable to have vaccine for medical reasons no quarantine f pass test on entry
    • No if proof of antibodies tested 3.7 days prior and on arrival
    • Not needed at all from countries deemed to be safe
    • Not needed
    • All moot as corruption and fake certs, vaccines means all irrelevant
    • No exceptions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/31/2021 at 05:00 PM

13 minutes ago, theswoop said:

In practice I doubt that Thailand will bother with enforcing a vax passport. How many tourists are going to come from vax countries anyway? Economies are in the toilet and the economic effects of lock downs still haven't been realised. Hardly anyone will have a job.

They won't.

The country is opening up for business November 1st.

Everyone's welcome even us COVID spreading dirty unvaxxed. ????

Edited by lucky2008

1 hour ago, lucky2008 said:

I'm not 'picking an area' On my previous post I said, " If Asia follows what the European Union is doing with it's Digital COVID Certificates the answer is NO.  Double vaccination will not become an entry or visa requirement.

I've been travelling for the past 18 months (restrictions allowing) and it isn't as bad you you might think it is.  In fact, I'll be flying in the next couple days so I'll make sure to tell you how it goes. 

I don't have any issue being tested or quarantined if it means I don't have to be injected.

Sad you are ok getting something jammed up your nose just to travel around. We've been gone 4 months and have had 4 tests so far. Many more if we weren't vaccinated.

You are super selfish not to get vaccinated. Not very smart.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

They won't.

What is going to happen when the flu season starts in Europe? I guess they will shut down pretty tight again. In the past flu seasons regularly overwhelmed hospitals without governments making a big deal over it. But there is now no tolerance for respiratory illness.

https://time.com/5107984/hospitals-handling-burden-flu-patients/

Then you have the uncertainty over whether the country you are going to, passing through, or returning to will be open and what the rules will be. On top of that you have unknown costs for tests and possible quarintine in hotels.

Thailand can end up suffering from problems caused by other governments.

I don't see a lot of people traveling in the next years.

I still travel. I will go to Thailand. But a lot of people are waiting for this problem to go away. I don't think it will.

42 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

The country will be reopening and getting back to normal sooner than you guys think. ????  

Only if your vaccinated and have a negative PCR ATK Test and come from one of 10 countries.  If your not vaccinated you will still have to quarantine, which is the issue at hand.  You are clueless, and even after the PM just discussed this on National Television, which I watched.

14 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

They won't.

Only after you quarantine again upon arrival, unlike vaccinated folks, you still don't get it now do you.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Only if your vaccinated and have a negative PCR ATK Test and come from one of 10 countries.  If your not vaccinated you will still have to quarantine, which is the issue at hand.  You are clueless, and even after the PM just discussed this on National Television, which I watched.

We will know more details in the next few weeks.  I have an unofficial transcript in front of me now. 

Today I have ordered Prof. and the Ministry of Public Health to consider. From November 1, Thailand will start accepting travel to Thailand without detention for those who have completed the full dose of vaccination and are traveling to Thailand by air by coming from a country that we define It is a low risk country.

We will only be asking
when entering Thailand Everyone must show that they are free from COVID-19. There must be evidence of the results of the COVID-19 test by RT-PCR method, which is tested before leaving the country of origin. And there will be another test for covid-19 when arriving in Thailand after that can travel to various areas. freely Just like normal Thai people can do.

Initially, we begin to list low-risk countries. to be able to travel to Thailand without detention To at least 10 countries, which will include countries such as England, Singapore, Germany, China and America. We aim to add more countries by December 1 and thereafter, by January 1, we will increase the number. climb widely

As for those who come from the country that are not on the list of low-risk countries 
We also welcome you to Thailand. 
But quarantine is necessary according to terms and conditions. 

The only think I'm getting out of this is if your vaccinated you won't have to quarantine. .  

There's no way Thailand, out of all places in the world, is going to refuse unvaccinated people's money. 

You'd be restricting about over 53% of the world population.  It's not happening man, sorry.  

Edited by lucky2008
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

We will know more details in the next few weeks.  I have an unofficial transcript in front of me now. 

Today I have ordered Prof. and the Ministry of Public Health to consider. From November 1, Thailand will start accepting travel to Thailand without detention for those who have completed the full dose of vaccination and are traveling to Thailand by air by coming from a country that we define It is a low risk country.

We will only be asking
when entering Thailand Everyone must show that they are free from COVID-19. There must be evidence of the results of the COVID-19 test by RT-PCR method, which is tested before leaving the country of origin. And there will be another test for covid-19 when arriving in Thailand after that can travel to various areas. freely Just like normal Thai people can do.

Initially, we begin to list low-risk countries. to be able to travel to Thailand without detention To at least 10 countries, which will include countries such as England, Singapore, Germany, China and America. We aim to add more countries by December 1 and thereafter, by January 1, we will increase the number. climb widely

As for those who come from the country that are not on the list of low-risk countries 

The only think I'm getting out of this is if your vaccinated you won't have to quarantine. .  

There's no way Thailand, out of all places in the world, is going to refuse unvaccinated people's money. 

You'd be restricting about over 53% of the world population.  It's not happening man, sorry.  

The devil is in the details and as of right now if your unvaccinated you will still need to quarantine just like before, no nonsense there at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lucky2008 said:

Those of us who are unvaccinated don't care about quarantine don't you get it?  

However that's not freedom of travel as you have so indicated before, don't you get it. Especially now that a few of the domestic airlines here are refusing to fly unvaccinated folks who are also untested within the past 7 days.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, theswoop said:

Presenting facts and giving opinions is not "trolling".

No wonder society is so divided.

You are not presenting facts. And opinions are misleading.

10 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

How many people does your wife know? 

She's part of a Facebook group with hundreds of people. A line group with hundreds. Etc. Thai people are begging for the better jabs. It's all over the news. But mostly only in Thai.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

However that's not freedom of travel as you have so indicated before, don't you get it. Especially now that a few of the domestic airlines here are refusing to fly unvaccinated folks who are also untested within the past 7 days.

I said fundamental right of free movement, not freedom of travel  ????   

No domestic airline here Thailand is refusing unvaccinated folks.  None whatsoever. 

As I said before, unvaccinated people only need to test upon arrival from a red zone, and then quarantine at home.   

I'm unvaccinated and have been travelling for the past few months I should know. 

49 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

We will only be asking

Well, since Thailand's main source of tourists is China, Europe including Russia, Australia, and North America, that 53% number is irrelevant.  And given the possible consequences to the Thai economy if unvaccinated tourists are allowed entry, your prediction is a dubious one. It's the poorer nations of the world that are mostly unvaccinated. Not because they want to be but because they can't afford to buy vaccines. These are hardly an important potential source of tourists.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

No domestic airline here Thailand is refusing unvaccinated folks.  None whatsoever. 

As I said before, unvaccinated people only need to test upon arrival from a red zone, and then quarantine at home.   

I'm unvaccinated and have been travelling for the past few months I should know. 

Funny. I just flew on a domestic Vietjet flight from phuket and they demanded to see my COE before giving me my boarding pass  board. One requisite for getting a COE is to have been fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks before entering Thailand.

And there's this

Domestic airlines allowed full flights

"Dr Chawetsan Namwat, director for emergency health hazards and diseases, said that while airlines are allowed to book to full capacity he stressed other Covid-19 prevention measures remain intact.

Dr Chawetsan said that passengers are required to be fully vaccinated or have negative Covid-19 test results 72 hours before boarding while urging those who are ill to avoid travelling.

He said passengers will be required to undergo Covid-19 screening."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2194919/domestic-airlines-allowed-full-flights

So if you're not vaccinated, that means you have to provide proof via a PCR test take within 72 hours of the flight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lucky2008 said:

Air Asia is. I already gave you a link for this.

I'm vaccinated and have been traveling for months. Much, much easier if you are vaccinated. And. Much safer and better for others.

8 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Air Asia is. I already gave you a link for this.

I'm vaccinated and have been traveling for months. Much, much easier if you are vaccinated. And. Much safer and better for others.

No, those restrictions are only for Air Asia Malaysia it does not apply to Thailand.

22 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

No, those restrictions are only for Air Asia Malaysia it does not apply to Thailand.

For now. Singapore Airlines has already setup VTL Flights. No jab, no boarding to Thailand. You guys will soon be like lepers.

17 hours ago, lucky2008 said:

They won't.

They can welcome as much as they want, but if people can't afford to they won't be coming.

Interest rates are surely going to rise, everything seems to be getting more expensive, petrol price rises every other day, seemingly, cheap mortgages may become expensive ones etc etc etc.

I have money in the bank and I expect to be getting some real interest on it soon. I certainly won't be splurging it on an un necessary trip to LOS.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Someone Else said:

You will indeed have the right to move freely in your quarantine hotel room.  Enjoy!

Thank you! But I live here in Thailand so the quarantine for me is not an issue.

If I do have travel out of the country, something I haven't done in over 16 years, I'll make sure to get the best quarantine hotel money can buy.

Stop making things seem worse than then actually are.   

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1