COVID-19: Thailand reports 10,035 new coronavirus cases, 60 deaths

webfact

Good to see number of deaths and official new cases continue to fall along with the number of patients in a serious and on ventilators. All positive signs the country is turning the corner in readiness for the easing of restrictions. 

Wise words earlier in the thread and although I wasn’t expecting it to be announced today, it’s not before time. 

"I know that such decision has risk and it is almost certain that the daily number of Covid cases will increase once we begin to relax measures but we will closely monitor the situation," Prayut said.

"This is the high season and we cannot miss this opportunity because I do not believe people will be able to cope with it if we missed this golden opportunity for two years in a row," Prayut said.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1447556030796206085

Pretty much what I’ve been saying for some time. The data has all been steadily heading in the right direction for some time and the balance has swung towards the economy and people’s livelihoods in readiness for the busy tourist period of Xmas/New year.

By that time they should have hit the vaccination targets not only in the main tourists areas but the country as a whole. 

Onwards and Upwards. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1