Where are all the workers?

ASEAN NOW News

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I feel that it is a factor with Thai teachers. There is no logical explanation why kids have been off so much in the last 2 years. 

The teachers themselves have virtually no say in whether their schools are closed.

Our school is now shut ( luckily the holidays start this week). Why? Because 3 children in one class have it. They caught it from the driver of the van which brought them to and from school ( they are all getting better thank God)!

There is no effective testing regime for people like the van drivers!

• Like 2

A lady I met in Thailand on one of my trips kept up a correspondance with me back in the States.  She eventually mariied a guy from Ohio, she moved to Ohio,  Got set up with a green card, had her first child.  They seemed to be doing well.  She got a job at car parts manufacturing company.  She was so miserable.  Not surprising, few people at work to talk with.  And of course, she was so put off by the long hours, not being able to stop and gab, saunter down the street to a number of food stalls, etc.  She said it was so uncomfortable.  And then her paycheck was so small after Federal, state, SDI, and then social security taken out. I said, welcome to the USA.  And told her to please tell her friends back in Thailand how so many of the average people in the USA and world have to work.  How hard it is to save after living expenses.   Work indoctrination can be very tough.

22 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Dont  kid  yourself  too  much, its  mostly  done like this  now 

No, it really isn't. 

You'll be requiring to get out a little more to realize what the real Thailand is about.