Any difference between KLM, Swiss or Austrian?

topt

45 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

But how long is the stopover?

According to the site for that price on one day I looked at 3hrs 15m. Total time 19hrs 15m vs less than 15 hrs for some of the other combos.

2 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:
17 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Finn Air and KLM are known for the worst possible service om ground and on board. 

For KLM absolutely yes, I will never fly with them again.  As bad as BA when it come to customer service and their aircraft are stone age

I flew many times with KLM to AMS,  biz and eco.

KLM great service on board.

Now 2 daily flights from BKK to AMS, one 777 and one 787.

Best to choose 787 Dreamliner (average 3.7 years old) over 777.

From AMS many destinations with short layover to rest of Europe or other destinations.

Schiphol great airport. Much better than Zurich or Vienna.

I would take KLM compared to other 2 mentioned.

Emirates A380 I would not mind taking, via Dubai. (however this was not mentioned in your post as an option).

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, topt said:

Interesting as at odds with all the other replies but thanks.

Would be the 23.30pm flight. 

A night flight from BKK to Europe is a good choice. You're tired when boarding and you wake up in Europe's morning. Pre covid I took the Thai direct flight to Munich regulary. Departing at 0:50 am and I felt less jetlag.

18 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Finn Air and KLM are known for the worst possible service om ground and on board. 

Could not agree on that. Flew with Finnair many times from BKK to Europe (on business), all was ok. The A350, which they use from BKK to Helsinki is one of the best planes, very calm.

Just a heads up. I had decided on Singapore but when I started on the booking process I discovered that you need a PCR test even if only transiting via Changi. 

As not needed for double vaxxed now for UK I decided to bin that.

Ended up with Lufthansa based on timings.

header must include Lufhansa. best Europe- thailand service in my experience, apart from EVA (when not striking). Never fly KLM. Quite Poor Service Reputation for some time. Pedantic with Covid Docs & Visas I hear….. FinnAir perfect in my experience and never seen any complaints before….Swiss and Austrian also flawless in my pre- covid experience.

On 10/13/2021 at 5:19 AM, phetphet said:

Anyone booked or thinking of booking Thai? They are showing direct flights to UK, but not sure if risky  given their recent financial problems.

I was looking at that....good price and direct going out.

BUT....... airlines under financial pressure have a tendency to cut back on maintenance costs, which is a bit scary.

25 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I was looking at that....good price and direct going out.

BUT....... airlines under financial pressure have a tendency to cut back on maintenance costs, which is a bit scary.

I only came across this via a couple of unheard of (to me anyway) agents. Trying to find the flights on the Thai web site for 2 weeks time however did not work.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Lufhansa. best Europe- thailand service in my experience,

I'll let you know in just over 2 weeks :thumbsup:

oops - just noticed you said Europe - Thai and I'm going the other way.

Edited by topt
  • Like 1