Any difference between KLM, Swiss or Austrian?

topt

Will be booking to fly BKK to LHR end of this month. 

Narrowing down on prices to the 3 mentioned - unfortunately Finn Air times are not as convenient.

Anybody flown and have views on any of them in the last few years?

I have flown KLM long time in the past and thought it was ok......

Will be economy.

Thanks  

Why not simply go British Airways. Is it that much more expensive or do they have worse movies?

I know with Austrian you get two breakfasts one arriving Vienna and one leaving Vienna.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

Star Alliance had a policy of allowing any changes of the return flight free of charge, even in economy. I availed myself of that policy when I flew back with Lufthansa from Brazil in January and from Thailand in July. You should check whether that policy is still in place for your dates

11 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Why not simply go British Airways. Is it that much more expensive or do they have worse movies?

Not flying from BKK currently - or not on the week of dates I looked at. Using other airlines code share to Europe/ME from what I could see.

1 hour ago, Doctor Tom said:

...My advice, fly Emirates...

Good advice. Emirates did always very well for me. SIA is a fine airline too. And a couple of years ago Oman Air had the best availabe BC from Asia to Europe with very reasonable prices. But that has changed since 2018 or so.

1 hour ago, Doctor Tom said:

For KLM absolutely yes, I will never fly with them again.  As bad as BA when it come to customer service and their aircraft are stone age. My advice, fly Emirates and avoid LHR by flying to another airport such as Newcastle, Birmingham or Manchester.  Worth it to avoid horrendous queues at the abomination that is Heathrow.  Better advice would be to avoid the UK altogether but I guess you won't do that. 

You are correct BA is dreadful and LHR is a mess. Avoid both if possible.

8 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

You are correct BA is dreadful and LHR is a mess. Avoid both if possible.

I don't think BA are flying direct at the moment. When I looked a few weeks back they were staging through Doha which was red.

Qatar is in the same group, bailed them out with aircraft and crew during the strike.

10 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Simply replying to the headline question. KLM is based in Amsterdam, Swissair in Zurich and Austrian in Vienna. Goodnight!   LOL

Thanks for the geography lesson..........:sad:

For your info some KLM badged flights from BKK go to Paris as well.

2 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

My advice, fly Emirates and avoid LHR by flying to another airport such as Newcastle, Birmingham or Manchester. 

Thanks but no thanks.

2 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Better advice would be to avoid the UK altogether but I guess you won't do that. 

Pretty pathetic response considering you have no idea why I am trying to go.

Thanks however for the comment on KLM. 

2 minutes ago, topt said:

Any good or adequate?

Subjective. Nothing to complain about but nothing special. Not many on the aircraft which always makes things better.

Security very strict at Frankfurt boarding for UK, but that could ease in this rapidly changing environment.

• Thanks 1