Are you happy in Thailand?

BritManToo

Are you happy in Thailand?  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

“……..I would just move there.”

the massive intl. research, cost, disengaging here, the intl. move and settling in elsewhere, all during a pandemic.the misery here would need to be extremely high to even contemplate “just moving” surely 

easier though if you already have a second base.

otherwise easier to fix or accept what makes you unhappy here.

new woman, new town, new visa, new healthier lifestyle, new hobby, new business, new meditation, new religion, for example………

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sirineou said:

I am not sure, 

There should had been an I am not sure choice, Because I am not. 

So I did not vote as not to screw up the results. 

We had been away for over two years stuck in the US with the pandemic travel restrictions and came back  last May 4th. 

In the past , I was working and was here for a few months at the time, so we traveled a lot and did things when I was here. ,

Now ?

well not so much, and I am kind of getting bored and restless, In addition the Thai people seem to be not as happy as I remember them to be, and it seems that they are also on edge. 

So I am not sure if I am happy here now. Lets see how things work out post pandemic, and if things will get back to close the way they used to be. 

And this is my honest assessment.

Wife wants to leave and go back to the US where we still l have property. , that's another , "we'll see". I'll give it another year. 

I imagine she really doesn't want to go back to the States. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

here just the same same.

9 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

most completely lacking in any personality.

is 'same same' the extent of your Thai language? I find Thai to have lots of personality, very willing to speak openly even w/a stranger at the next table if sitting alone. 

But, if you don't speak passably well, how can you judge conversation with them?

Yes, these are difficult times for many, especially if in tourist related business, but I find they can still joke and have fun... 

• Like 2