Tv Friday Nights Out

bazmlb

Th Baan Pub in Jomtiem would welcome the opportunity to host you guys on ang Friday, especially those from the Sandbox!

As a taster we are celebrating July 4th with a free British style Carvery if anyone wants to check us out. We are located on Thrappya Road 50 metres from the Arch!

Sounds good. What time? You are so close I can fall to your door.

kdf

7 pm? booked! :o

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spoilt for choice tomorrow (july 4th) , i think Monty is having a party at his resort, Sunny Valentine has the official opening of his bar (shooters, formerly Lennies) on soi 14 (i think) off walking street and now the Baan pub in Jomtien is also having a party, decisions decisions.

Spoilt for choice tomorrow (july 4th) , i think Monty is having a party at his resort, Sunny Valentine has the official opening of his bar (shooters, formerly Lennies) on soi 14 (i think) off walking street and now the Baan pub in Jomtien is also having a party, decisions decisions.

Blast!

I'm back in Sandland and my choice is whether to have a Pepsi or cup of tea with my locally baked extra-sweet biscuits.

And do I watch Bahrain TV or Dubai TV - 'cos Saudi TV stinks!

I'll be thinking of you - enviously.

Th Baan Pub in Jomtiem would welcome the opportunity to host you guys on ang Friday, especially those from the Sandbox!

As a taster we are celebrating July 4th with a free British style Carvery if anyone wants to check us out. We are located on Thrappya Road 50 metres from the Arch!

See you in October.

See you in October.

Spent 21 years in Saudi before I could find the exit! Got to admit the best years of my life..

had the pleasure of meeting KDF and his good lady earlier this evening...the food will probably appear 7ish onwards...we have a good cut of beef ready to go and a whole pork loin( oops sorry forgot where you are!)

Give my regards to Sid!

Edited by pattayamike

Spent 21 years in Saudi before I could find the exit! Got to admit the best years of my life..

had the pleasure of meeting KDF and his good lady earlier this evening...the food will probably appear 7ish onwards...we have a good cut of beef ready to go and a whole pork loin( oops sorry forgot where you are!)

Give my regards to Sid!

Only about 14 years for me - but also 10 in Libya, 3 in Iran, plus Nigeria, Vietnam, Indonesia, Singapore, Hong Kong and of course helped build Suvarnabhumi.

Living in a dry community here - two hours from anywhere. Don't trust the local Sid - don't know where he's been :D

Complete this contract at the middle of Ramadan, so I'll re-sign on a new one after taking a few weeks off.

Mod's - this is way off topic :o

kdf

Enjoyed Baan pubs hospitable host and the regular we met. Great conversation, great unwatered drinks, lovely cool night.

I or we will be there 7 ish

kdf + (hopefully) she who runs with scissors

kdf

oops....just saw that this is Wednesday...I'll be at Monty's. Friday would be ok, though!

Well I must say the food was great last night and thanks for the hospitality Mike, nice place there, we all really enjoyed it.

Guess we will see the rest of the group there Friday at 7pm.

It was a good 4th. First went to the VFW for free food at 1pm then off to the Baan for a free dinner. Thanks to Mike at the Baan and his wife for the good food and excellent hospitality. Was then going to see Darryl at Tequila Reef for more food but was Shanghaied by KDF and the Scissor Lady to Walking Street. Thank you both for a great time!!!!!! See you all at the Baan on Friday.

I was in Shooters bar last night from about 7pm till 2.30 this morning, a great night, a few BM's there including Kolobos and Mulphy, Bobs BBQ provided the food, best ribs i've ever had by far, the bar is taking on an American theme and Bobs BBQ are doing the menu/food so good food is guaranteed, also for those of you unaware bobs bbq also now has a stall in the carrefour food court.

Another set of thanks to Pattaya Mike and his wife for the food and hospitality. YUM.

After Baan Pub Walking street was soon to become crawling street for the 2 of us. Thanks for saving the sputtering walking st trip with the roundabout suggestion, you know who you are. Double YUM.

KDF + she who runs with scissors

Maybe some Fridays we could try a restaurant first (many good suggestions in the Pattaya ethnic food thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/lofiversion/...hp/t99555.html)

Pattaya has many places with great food and reasonable - we should try doing one first, then a pub no?

Prolly see youse all tomorrow night -

Screws.

Baan Jomtien Pub has food there as they are a bar and restaurant, its located just a few doors down from PBRL closer to the beach

I have been off the radar the last couple of days :o

Came down with food poisoning Tuesday Night / Wednesday and Thursday all day - stayed in bed mostly with (very) occasional trips to the hong narm :D

also my new residence did not accept my 3 pin adaptor - and I was well enough to go to the shops for a 2-pin type

however the blades on the chopper are starting to whirr again :D and would welcome feedback on tonights gathering (if there is one)

I have been off the radar the last couple of days :o

Came down with food poisoning Tuesday Night / Wednesday and Thursday all day - stayed in bed mostly with (very) occasional trips to the hong narm :D

also my new residence did not accept my 3 pin adaptor - and I was well enough to go to the shops for a 2-pin type

however the blades on the chopper are starting to whirr again :D and would welcome feedback on tonights gathering (if there is one)

Havent been reading? we are going to the Baan Jomtien Pub on the road to the beach just a couple of doors down from the Jomtien PBRL office.

See you all there at 7pm

Not many people showed up yesterday, probably the party load of last week was too high :o

Had some food first, and a good chat with Baz, KDF and She who runs with scissors.

After the Baan Jomtien Pub KDF +1 and me +1 moved on to the Country road pub down the road, which as usual was defying low season and doing a good trade!

Had a great night and finally met KDF and She who runs with scissors, two very nice people who even in the future might take up residence in the lovely Pong district :D

Not many people showed up yesterday, probably the party load of last week was too high :o

Had some food first, and a good chat with Baz, KDF and She who runs with scissors.

After the Baan Jomtien Pub KDF +1 and me +1 moved on to the Country road pub down the road, which as usual was defying low season and doing a good trade!

Had a great night and finally met KDF and She who runs with scissors, two very nice people who even in the future might take up residence in the lovely Pong district :D

As Monty said, it was a small, but quality group last night. It was refreshing to have a quieter evening where we actually got in more talking to one another. Very good to know TV's actually can hold an extended conversation. Hey even I was able to! As another BM has said before, we like the meet to include a food possible stop first, then on into the night.

Great to meet Monty and Kuhn Wan. Baz was in good form with funny stories as usual.

Thanks to Pattayamike and Kuhn Jaew, again.

Country Road had an excellent pour of Compari soda, good break from steady Bourbon diet.

Thanks to all

kdf and she who runs with scissors

PS At Baan Jomtien Pub they get their pies from my fav Master Butcher Wayne.

Might miss this friday as could still be on the road back from Chiang Mai

Have fun in CM and hoist one for the birthday boy.

How about this Friday for the rest of us?

Some ideas Fantasy Bar, Noi's again, Tropical Bert's, Monty's Lake place. Hard for us to get to Darkside, but would try for a pissup.

Anyone?

kdf + she who perambulates quickly while carrying cutting devices

Some ideas Fantasy Bar, Noi's again, Tropical Bert's, Monty's Lake place. Hard for us to get to Darkside, but would try for a pissup.

Anyone?

Geez I was hoping you guys could come up with something new, the places you suggest are great, but a new one i might get up earlier Friday and make it back for one or two if it sounds good.

As I am with Baz and Buckwheat I am not sure if we will be back in time for the Friday pissup. It is about an 8 hour trip back to Pattaya from Chiang Mai and after my birthday bash Thursday night I am not sure what time we will be able to hit the road on Friday morning. If you are still looking for a place to meet Friday my friend Eric has reopened his bar the Hogs Breath Saloon on Soi Batman (Soi 46/3) which is just past Pattaya Tia on the left side of Sukumvit heading towards Bangkok. He has an excellent bar and a great kitchen with American and Thai food. Good place to bring a woman. Just a suggestion.

P.S. If you go tell Eric you are friends of Byron (my real name).

Anyone?

Geez I was hoping you guys could come up with something new, the places you suggest are great, but a new one i might get up earlier Friday and make it back for one or two if it sounds good.

Thought Fantasy Bar was a new one. Hard to tell when you are kinda new yourself.

kdf

I'll be at a Networking night at Shenanigans until 9 pm. Will follow after that wherever you guys go (in town preferred for obvious reason)

And Happy Birthday Rocco! Hope you have a good one up in CM!

I'll be at a Networking night at Shenanigans until 9 pm. Will follow after that wherever you guys go (in town preferred for obvious reason)

And Happy Birthday Rocco! Hope you have a good one up in CM!

We echo the happy b-day to Rocco.

Also we are going to the fantasy bar around 8:30pm, Raro might be there around nine to scrape my bourbon besotted brain off the comfy couch.

kdf + she who runs with scissors

Is there a "meeting" next Friday?

Looks like I have to go to Pattaya for a long weekend.

Gerd

Yes, we are going to the newly re opened Hog's breath Cafe i believe

Details to Follow from Rocco