Tourist tests positive

MixPiano

I've my tourist visa stuff done and plan to enter Thailand via one of the Sandbox locations. I also have a global health insurance with Covid coverage.  

Does anyone have first-hand experience what happens if a tourist tests positive (without symptoms) in one of the after arrival tests? 

Are you transferred to an ASQ hotel then or is a hospital stay still mandatory? By all means I want to avoid staying in a field hospital. 

24 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

ASQ if you are asymptomatic

THIS is not what i have heard. if test positive, the farang will be rushed to min. 14 days quarantine in a state hospital, regardless of the symptoms. this is not a cheap  field hospital but an expensive one, usually 60 K baht, so you better make sure your insurance covers it.

however, if still in the airport, you might demand to get back on the next flight, but not sure it will work.

on top of pcr before departure you can do home atk tests, even just before going to the airport.

Take one with you and do at the transiting airport.

If asymptomatic there are also hospitels - hotels run by private hospitals, around 30-40k.

You have your private room.

At hospital rather you will stay in double or larger rooms.

There are no field hospitals anymore.

Do several atk tests before departing from thailand. If turn positive stay in thailand, delay your return, until at least 2 of them clear

Edited by internationalism

9 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

THIS is not what i have heard. if test positive, the farang will be rushed to min. 14 days quarantine in a state hospital, regardless of the symptoms. this is not a cheap  field hospital but an expensive one, usually 60 K baht, so you better make sure your insurance covers it.

however, if still in the airport, you might demand to get back on the next flight, but not sure it will work.

Oh you could be right. I was thinking ASQ if you were near someone on the plane who tested positive.

11 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

This is what I've heard. Asymptomatic are quarantined. Not put in a hospital.

But, it all depends on whom you are dealing with.

Thanks for your replies. I'll definitively to an antigen rapid test before going to the airport. However, in the sandbox model you have to do additional PCR tests after arrival which cannot be avoided. 

I've heard a lot of different versions what can happen if you test positive. But it seems there is hardly any first-hand information available what has actually happened. Beside the "when ASQ goes wrong" story on Stickboy's page I haven't found anything.