TAT boss: quarantine remains for 1 day to test all visitors, no going back to old tourism pub scenes

webfact

3 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

My flight arrives in Thailand on 3rd November and I have been holding off making COE application and hotel booking in anticipation of rule changes. Hopefully full details of the new "Thailand Pass" and requirements will be out soon. If not, I'll simply delay arrival.

Don't have the option to postpone flight as wife's permission to stay (U.S.) is close to expiration.

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

He just announced the death of Tourism in Thailand. It's over.

Absolutely; there are millions out there that have just collectively let out the final 'Sigh'. There is a point at which people will give up all hope. That point is different for most folks but so many have finally got there with this last 'announcement' from another person in charge in Thailand. Frustration and confusion are grease to that final point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Thailand is like a grubby restaurant selling overpriced burgers and beers while waiting for the Caviar and Champagne set to turn up.

Totally delusional. They have no idea how the world views them and why people used to come here.

Thailand-Caviar dreamers living in a tuna fish country.....

Good to see people are still buying into the standard narrative, Chinese are all on package tours, sex tourists are the bulk of tourism, and propping up the economy.

Why do people keep repeating the "observations from a barstool' rubbish.

Chinese (prior to covid) had huge numbers of independent tourists. sex tourists haven't been the majority for years now. 

Look around, the waterparks are full and the bars are empty

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Some interesting comments about the bars.  Jeez, I would think people would be happy or not care.

I would say 95% of the previous posts/comments on this forum over the years regarding bars has been negative.

Unattractive overweight girls

Expensive drinks

Warm beer

Expensive BF

Girl no good when I took her out

Rude pushy staff

Loud customers

They cheated me on the bill

Rarely if ever have read about people being happy with their bar experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thai government can't do anything right now with the virus, if their projection are correct how are they going to test, put up the thousands of tourist arriving daily. Lets just turn the clock back 2 years you get off the plane rush to get to the immigration turn the corner and the line is down the ramp just to go through immigration during normal times. Now add everyone need to be tested and then put up in a hotel for one day until test results come back?

Change the name all you want!  " Webbased "  that can only mean one will still need to arrange online and confirm the Hotel brace yourself people this is going to be funny?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Now I understand why TAT wants to invite Andrea Bocelli 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpM9Sops2HuBCusdQvGr_

Funfact I used to do catering and did a gig for that guy---was in DC for a xmas concert....he has a private handler--very pretty lady....he enjoys a bit of red wine before the show--same as Billy Joel

• Like 2

"higher quality, more family-friendly market."  Does he not realize all the thousands of people who make up and live off these single tourists who come here for the nightlife?  What are they supposed to do?  Go back to the villages and plant rice?  

• Like 1

Want wealthy people?  

Start with Fix sewage systems and sanitation .

I was appalled by the smells When I arrived here pre pandemic.. and garbage everywhere because there are no public trash cans

No need for that if built properly.

Edited by Dart12
  • Like 2

So I guess TAT will contract with Universal Studios and Lego Land to build a few complexes

in the former nightlife areas to entice family oriented big spending tourists. I think I'll still continue to go to Singapore and spend do my big spending. They'll have everything plus nightlife, bars and 4 floors of goodies.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

The dummy has just forgotten one minor aspect, how can you travel to and within Thailand with kids under 12? This is my situation, while I am living in Thailand and fully vaccinated (Janssen + Moderna) I can't even consider domestic travel with my two girls, 6 and 10 years old.

Otherwise his statement is rather reasonable. The one day quarantine is a must as otherwise people would have to wait for their results at the airport. The reorientation of Thai tourism away from sex, alcohol and drugs would be a legitimate move too and there will be enough Chinese and Indians..

To my knowledge, most if not all airlines require a negative test to get on the plane.  Or, if they don't a traveler can certainly get a test for their own reason, and if it is within 72 hours of arriving in Thailand, a test on arrival at the airport should not be necessary, nor any waiting for any result

• Like 1

Wait a minute. What we need here Disney World Thailand. Knock down Pattaya Walking Street and form it around Bali Hai Pier. The families with kids will flock here. Maybe 200 or 300 a day. I can hardly wait to see Mickey and Minnie sweating in those costumes. This also solves the monorail problem whenever that idea pops up again.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

So, when all these "higher quality, family friendly" tourists flood into the country from Nov 1 and head down to a restaurant to enjoy their first Thai food, are they going to find themselves caught up in an over the top police raid and slapped in irons for having a wine with their meal?

No.....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Thai government can't do anything right now with the virus, if their projection are correct how are they going to test, put up the thousands of tourist arriving daily. Lets just turn the clock back 2 years you get off the plane rush to get to the immigration turn the corner and the line is down the ramp just to go through immigration during normal times. Now add everyone need to be tested and then put up in a hotel for one day until test results come back?

Change the name all you want!  " Webbased "  that can only mean one will still need to arrange online and confirm the Hotel brace yourself people this is going to be funny?

"...how are they going to test, put up the thousands of tourist arriving daily."

Nice point, the authorities will be hoping that tourists arrive after 1 Nov in large numbers. 

Some will be families, some groups of friends and many will be singles, all of whom need to stay in a hotel for 1 night before moving on with their holiday plans/travel/accommodation. 

Will they we required to stay in one of the authorized ASQ etc., hotels or just any hotel?

Will they all have some type of electronic tracker/locator fitted? Does the government have the tools/equipment/manpower to fit the tracker/locator and monitor it for 24 hours and who will recover the tracker/locator after 24 hrs?

So new arrivals have to do a full swab PCR test on arrival then go to a quarantine hotel. So imagine a traveler/family etc., arrive at swampy at 8:00 am and by 9:00 am their swab(s) have been taken and off they go to a quarantine hotel.

Then at say 6:00 pm same day they get an e.mail 'negative'. Can they now leave the quarantine hotel, or do that have to always stay overnight, even though they've already got a negative report? 

• Thanks 1