TAT boss: quarantine remains for 1 day to test all visitors, no going back to old tourism pub scenes

webfact

3 minutes ago, tomyami said:

yeah like he has suggested what will relace it and the livelyhoods of those effected

this website relaying jackass comments is getting more april foolerish by the day.

signing out

If America had to fight another war in Cambodia, or Laos, Vietnam, R and R could save Nana.

• Haha 1

So, 1-2 days of quarantine. PCR tests, CoE. Nothing changed other than knocking off a few days quarantine.

Just like I said in my early posts they will never get rid of quarantine or tests vested interests are fixed forever. Endemic corruption.

BTW why does some bureaucrat from TAT have any say in this at all???!

Edited by Chad3000
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

If America had to fight another war in Cambodia, or Laos, Vietnam, R and R could save Nana.

If America has to fight a war with China because of Taiwan, this time they'll have to 'fight' (well, scare those Thai soldiers with a loud "booh"), Thailand, as I'm sure Thailand will side with the PRC...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chad3000 said:

So, 1-2 days of quarantine. PCR tests, CoE.

Just like I said in my early posts they will never get rid of quarantine or tests vested interests are fixed forever. Endemic corruption.

BTW why does some bureaucrat from TAT have any say in this at all???!

Im happy with my shop Bar, and there was a few around my area, I don't think they will close them down ,but Walking street and a few others I can only guess will fall to Chinese establishments.

The bar areas will move a bit but will reinvent themselves, just as if my wife sold sausages on a corner , soon another sausage seller will open next to her.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bkktodd said:

It seems  yes.  I got a COE today for 23oct.  If i were coming in mid November i would have waited.  Things change by the day….er hour

I applied for COE before the "big announcement" re: Nov 1st.

Plus, the wife's permission to stay in the U.S. is close to expiring, so not much choice there...

2 hours ago, Thunglom said:

This is not any real policy, it is purely a statement that reflects the "snobbism" of the minister. It is a personal wish that has no basis in reality.

Thailand has almost totally lost its income from tourism and thousands of people are unemployed as a result - simply wishing for a 'high end" market is not going to be=ring back these people's livelihoods.

Quite obviously, this approach is not viable or practical. 

Policies that are directed for the popular collective are much more useful in the long run. 

Even in the best of times, a high-end market is purely a clique thing - not sustainable.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Even this goofball is on board with the purification program, of ridding Thailand of one of it's primary attractions. It's nightlife. They just to do not get it. They think Thailand is so much bigger, better, more appealing, and irresistible than it really is. 

The goons in charge are focusing their efforts in all the wrong areas. They are trying to make Thailand a Quaker State. A land of purity. Total BS. Nonsense. Misplaced priorities, and wasted efforts. And likely completely fake and hypocritical. No doubt these terribly misguided fools are trying to rid Thailand of one of it's most popular attractions. The nightlife. And we are not just talking about the "industry". Little do these ninnies know, the girls will just go underground, and online, but it will operate more in line with the enormous sex industry in the US. Illegal, underground, unprotected, unregulated, potentially overpriced, and potentially more dangerous for all involved. So, they would be moving the nation backwards, and harming their people, and tourism, in the process.

I think tens of thousands of nightlife venues will ever re-open. Many are permanently sabotaged. And I would venture to guess this was intentional sabotage. The fake puritans want to remake Thailand, in their own image. At least the image they perceive of themselves, which we all know is a major form of pathological delusion.

So, that included killing Thailand's nightlife. Willfully. Covid became that opportunity and it was seized with vigor. And within their bubbles of self delusion, they do not get the fact that the nightlife here is part of Thailand's charm and appeal, to a significant portion of tourists, regardless of whether or not they partake of it.

They should be focusing their efforts on traffic and public safety, easing import tariffs, making visa policy simpler, and more friendly, boosting Western tourism (of that is even possible at this late stage, after spending ten years sabotaging the industry), real crackdowns on slavery, illegal fishing (instead of nonsensical hyperbole), and police corruption, cleaning up the water, the air, the rivers, and the beaches, and other things that actually improve lives.

Pattaya-Covid-1.jpg

31932.jpg

85.jpeg

The learning curve is nil. 

Chances are that they will never get it.

• Like 1

Why let the people enjoy themselves and blow off a little steam, when it gets in the way of the overall objective of "purification of the nation"? 

After all having a beer, or a glass of wine with dinner can be a very dangerous activity. 

This continued foolishness, and extreme ignorance will limit Thailand to just a very small trickle of tourism for some time to come. Their blindness comes at a very high cost to the economy. For some, especially tourists, why even bother eating out if one cannot enjoy a harmless drink with your meal? 

Woe is Thailand, with this staggering lack of leadership and courage. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

He just announced the death of Tourism in Thailand. 

What a ridiculous post, tourism has been dead for over 18 months, or haven't you noticed.

When your favourite fish and chip shop went bust, did it magically reappear after a few months, thought not.

The past is past and you have to accept the future, or take the road to the airport.

I had a quite unique experience a couple of weeks ago, walked into a Wetherspoons and got served immediately, Bob Dylan was certainly right.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, webfact said:

TAT boss rules out going back to the old Thai tourism formula of crowded bars and nightlife. He insists the kingdom is instead pursuing a higher quality, more family-friendly market.

Good news, the pandemic may have been a belssing in disguies.

Get rid of Thaialnd's sex tourism for good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The leadership here does not have enough intelligence or humility to learn, change, progress, see the future, or realize they are decimating the economy and destroying international tourism, permanently. 

Do you know any country with humble leaders? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I just do my ole tea bottle trick---chug 7-11 green tea at dinner before going out---buy a small sangsom bottle at shop--pour SS into tea bottle and Im off!  the prefect crime--plastic-no worries of theft--easy transport--more than enough for a night out...add mixers as needed--120bt!

I've bought a small hip flask and was going to do the same but with some nice rum from duty free. Use it during my twice weekly trip to the 'pub' whilst watching live sport and playing a few games of pool for a few hours. I'll keep the green tea trick in hand if my regular trips to the toilet for a sip from my hip flask raise eyebrows!

14 hours ago, webfact said:

According to the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) Governor Yuthasak Supasorn, in recent days, there will still be a mandatory one day quarantine requirement for all visitors while he also suggested that there was no going back to the former tourism market with busy nightlife scenes as Thailand seeks a new tourism following.

This guy needs rehab - he's definitely on something.

I actually find his statement encouraging (slightly).  He's been making announcments since Covid began and Prayuth's been slamming them down the next day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tomyami said:

I arrived in bkk in march my 72 hr pcr was rejected so I had to take 1 in the airport There where about 3 others and had to wait 3 + 1 hrs through immigration for result. Now do that for x  planes loads it would need a hugh operation and holding area and after a long haul flight a nightmare and i would never travel on that rule if 1 person tested + everybody would have to quarrantine

charged 3k baht test + taxi connection missed to AQL 1k

next high season 2022 but that guy needs to be sacked

Can I ask, why was your 72 hr PCR result rejected?

No planning laws and unimaginative concrete architecture mean that -  generally speaking -Thailand is a pretty grubby place. It sometimes has a kind of unique charm about it at times, but a high-end holiday destination it most definitely isn't, and never will be.

As for families, forget it. Kids on holiday want to DO things, and Thailand isn't a venue that caters well for kids -as any parent here will tell you.

Better to stick to the formula that works.

• Like 1