Update on thailand pass and thailand no quarantine

1 hour ago, lyskamm said:

Country of departure or nationality??

The country you are in when you start your trip to here. There will probably be a minimum number of days in that country to qualify (maybe 14 or 21 days).

DHut and Fusion58 - I have the same problem. My COE has now been pre-approved to fly on Nov 4th arriving 5th. I have to upload a few more documents then it's done with hopefully.

I intend to try and complete that AND apply for the 'Thailand Pass' in addition, to cover it both ways as soon as it becomes online. Just can't do anymore.

Hoping for some clarity on how to proceed. They'll have to be sharp with the data and instructions if I am to do the Pass but we'll see.

Hoping for some clarity asap I'd add !!!!

Any thoughts ?

18 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

What if you’re on the retirement extension that doesn’t require insurance

ANY arrivals need COVID insurance for the value of $100k.

so no matter what insurance you have, it must state COVID coverage for the sum of $100K

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Has anybody recently been through the COE process , giving the details for 1 night stay and one paid for PCR test, arriving after the 1st of November and been approved. I have a friend and they have booked a flight on the 3rd November and are concerned about 7 days quarantine through the COE process. My concern is I did the sand box for 14 days after day 3 this was converted to 7 days ... I could not leave the hotels early and still had to go through 3 PCR tests, whereas people 3 days later than could leave in 7 and get a PCR refund on one of the tests... any views, thought , comments

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, oporhatch said:

Has anybody recently been through the COE process , giving the details for 1 night stay and one paid for PCR test, arriving after the 1st of November and been approved. I have a friend and they have booked a flight on the 3rd November and are concerned about 7 days quarantine through the COE process. My concern is I did the sand box for 14 days after day 3 this was converted to 7 days ... I could not leave the hotels early and still had to go through 3 PCR tests, whereas people 3 days later than could leave in 7 and get a PCR refund on one of the tests... any views, thought , comments

Their COE will not be approved as nothing related to "no-quarantine" entry has been finalized yet.

Our advice would be to delay your trip until this program has been fully fleshed out to avoid any issues, or go through the existing entry options.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oporhatch said:

Who stopped you leaving?

5 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Right. What I’m wondering is whether my COE (issued in October) will still be accepted when I arrive at BKK on 12 November, or whether I will be expected, sometime between now and then, to start over from scratch and apply for the “Thailand Pass?”

If I was you, I would be contacting the SHA+ you have booked and ask them to move you to the 1 Day Package and request a refund for the previous reservation. Once confirmed, I would follow the Thailand Pass process when available for your 12th Nov trip. You have plenty of time, why take any chances and secure your refund in the meantime.

Words from someone who is travelling on 21st Oct and doing 7 Day SHA+ in Bangkok!! Probably one of the last but had to make plans and who knew when they would eventually move to No Quarantine! The joys.....

Who stopped us leaving ??  Not sure whether the hotel could have stopped us , however the hotel told we had to stay, not a problem as we had paid for it anyway . However the hotel did  have to give us a letter saying we had completed quarantine with tests , and my misses informed me she had to show this letter at the Thai airways checkin desk when we flew from Phuket to Bangkok.

this might have been different if we had been in Bangkok and left by road and I suppose the hotel could inform the authorities if someone leaves early !!! Maybe a small payment may bypass that obstacle if it is one ...

Another reason to worry about the successful implementation of the Thailand Pass scheme is that it is also intended to integrate the TM6 and T8 forms into the app.  If anyone remembers the last attempt at automating the TM6 they'll know what I mean.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AwwYesNice1 said:

Man those ppl flying in now gotta feel like 7 day chumps.

Nope.  Glad I got in under known conditions rather than waiting for what might happen or might not.

6 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

Why need that when one is vaccinated and one already had a negative PCR test before getting on the airline and traveling to Thailand.

The up to 72 hours since the test before you fly and any transit stop (if they even allow them) on the way expose you to risk, and the test on arrival is a quick and painless way to introduce another degree of safety into the process.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, treetops said:

SHA+ in Bangkok?  When did/does that start?

I arrive into Bangkok 22nd October. Flights, Insurance, PCR test, SHA+ package & condo deposit 1 month all paid out weeks ago so no point cancelling. Just need to take the hit!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Carrbhoy said:

I arrive into Bangkok 22nd October. Flights, Insurance, PCR test, SHA+ package & condo deposit 1 month all paid out weeks ago so no point cancelling. Just need to take the hit!

Which embassy approved your COE? My understanding was that the Bangkok sandbox, planned for October 16, never happened, and thus arrival in Bangkok still required ASQ (albeit now reduced to seven or 10 days, depending on vaccination status).

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Which embassy approved your COE? My understanding was that the Bangkok sandbox, planned for October 16, never happened, and thus arrival in Bangkok still required ASQ.

We are at cross purposes somehow. I’m doing ASQ 7 days on arrival on the 22nd October in Bangkok at an SHA+ hotel.

My CoE was issued by The Thai embassy in London.