Update on thailand pass and thailand no quarantine

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Will quarantine-exempt tourists be required to wear masks?

If masks are mandated, will this be a deal-breaker for some?

Of course masks will be needed.

They have not made any exception for those that have been vaccinated here. 

56 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Will quarantine-exempt tourists be required to wear masks?

If masks are mandated, will this be a deal-breaker for some?

It is my impression that mask wearing isn't such a big deal for most Thais, compared with what we're seeing in Western countries where it's often being portrayed as a major infringement of personal freedom etc.

For this reason alone, I think Thai authorities won't be in a rush to rescind mask mandates. There's a lot more pressure to ease other restrictions, those that have an impact on people's livelihoods.

As this applies to everyone in Thailand, no matter what their nationality or visa status is, any potential visitor who has strong feelings about this will need to wait for updates. As of now, you'd need to wear a mask in many if not most places.

10 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Thanks for that.

The back-end of summer in the UK has seen a return to boom times for the hospitality business as the far more sensible people decided ages ago that a vacation at home was by far the safest option, especially after the 'traffic light' fiasco at the start of summer. Are the French staying home too? Germans?

There's a lot of noise herein about Thailand's entry rules being not fit for purpose. The reality is that beyond a few non-tourist returnees and the more adventurous newbie, nobody is really too bothered about what ANY country beyond a 5-hour flight is doing and taking a winter break there.

The hotels were full here July to mid September, now is the last warm month of the season but still many tourists here, Germans, Scandinavians and locals. Gran Canarias, Tenerife will be fully booked this winter as many of the big charter operators think it's too late now to promote Thailand.  

15 hours ago, gejohesch said:

I usually fly with Emirates. I was puzzled with the wording of their insurance, early this year. I'm not sure Emirates (or whoever they process the insurance with) issue a certificate with the required wording concerning COVID. Can you confirm?

I don't know what the required wording is, but this is what appears on the certificate.

Medical and other expenses
(Including for medical costs and evacuation incurred during your trip as a result of contracting COVID-19)

When I said I used Emirates insurance, it was in relation to a COE and I can confirm I am back home in Thailand.

The certificate is under the banner of AIG but the policy is underwritten by American Home Assurance Company(Dubai Br).

9 minutes ago, internationalism said:

"The “Thailand Pass” system aims to facilitate entry into Thailand by shortening the process for filing information and uploading travelers’ documents. Thailand Pass will require travelers to fill in the T8 Form Health Questionnaire and the TM6 Immigration Form, as well as to upload a vaccine certificate. The Department of Disease Control (DDC) will then be responsible for verifying vaccine certificates and giving an approval through the back-office system within 1-3 days after registration.

Travelers can then download the Thailand Pass QR Code immediately after receiving the approval. They will be asked to show this QR code along with a Covid-19 negative test result issued no more than 72 hours before departure. No other documents are required and you do not have to fill in another T8 and TM6 form after arriving in Thailand, as the DDC will be able to examine your health information from scanning the Thailand Pass QR code."

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/posts/4726655164024527

No mention of insurance, hotel, flights or passport/visa status.  Sounds like PR waffle or they really are loosening the shackles.

12 hours ago, scorecard said:

Regarding test at departing airport, there's a professional walk-in accredited lab set up on the departures level inside Sydney airport, 5 minutes or less walk to the departure rows.

Cannot book test, just walk-in.

Opens at 6:00 am, swab taken within 5 minutes, report guaranteed within 60 minutes.

Passenger can select to receive the report by SMS/e.mail/phone/printed hard copy at the lab. Lab also negotiating to send report direct to the departure airline if passenger requests.

Cost AUD$100- can be paid by credit/debit/cash.

It is really difficult to believe that this is for the RT-PCR tests. The price and time suggest the lateral flow tests. I know there are very expensive machines that are able to speed up the processing of RT-PCR, but I thought the minimum was about four hours.

3 hours ago, internationalism said:

"The “Thailand Pass” system aims to facilitate entry into Thailand by shortening the process for filing information and uploading travelers’ documents. Thailand Pass will require travelers to fill in the T8 Form Health Questionnaire and the TM6 Immigration Form, as well as to upload a vaccine certificate. The Department of Disease Control (DDC) will then be responsible for verifying vaccine certificates and giving an approval through the back-office system within 1-3 days after registration.

Travelers can then download the Thailand Pass QR Code immediately after receiving the approval. They will be asked to show this QR code along with a Covid-19 negative test result issued no more than 72 hours before departure. No other documents are required and you do not have to fill in another T8 and TM6 form after arriving in Thailand, as the DDC will be able to examine your health information from scanning the Thailand Pass QR code."

This is interesting. You seem to imply that Covid insurance is no longer needed. Am I right?

Also, does the system still allow unvaccinated people to apply (albeit with the current 10-day ASQ)?

it's a quotation from the government PR department.

They just pass any info they come across. They are not competent.

I think insurance is essential. If they will lower it to $10-50k it would be nice, but unlikely.

ASQ for one night can be shortened to 6h test results - as in phuket sandbox. For business and first class they might do it even shorter.

Those 2 tests (on departure and on arrival) will stay. In the future possibly atk will be sufficient.   

For unvaccinated is still COE and asq

Edited by internationalism

On 10/15/2021 at 11:56 PM, dj230 said:

canada has one of the highest vaccination rates but not on the list ???? 

USA has one of the highest infection daily cases in the world and it's on the list.

Personally, I think the list is more politically instead of rational.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

It is really difficult to believe that this is for the RT-PCR tests. The price and time suggest the lateral flow tests. I know there are very expensive machines that are able to speed up the processing of RT-PCR, but I thought the minimum was about four hours.

I don't have the knowledge to discuss the type of test but this service has been operating for about 14 months and seems to be accepted.

In fact to be very sure about no bumps at check-in on the day of travel I asked Singapore Airlines Sydney office if they accepted the report issued by this lab (as part of the check-in process) and they replied yes.

I'm not sure if I can post the name of the lab but let's try:  Histopath (well established company/lab service, well accredited, many branches across Sydney for many pathology needs).

Further, Singapore Airlines now requires a negative report no more than 48 hrs old if the flight is transiting through Changi Airport.

I had intended to be at Sydney Airport on my departure day at 6:00 am (time the one hr. report lab opens) and take the test. but my departure time is 9:05 am, so the overall timing is quite tight.

I was becoming more concerned about the timing tightness so more recently I found another well established and well accredited lab service (no branch at the airport but many full branches across Sydney), they have a four hour reporting service* so I now plan to use this service, getting the swab taken at their walk-in lab (not at airport) just under the 48 hrs factor.

(* I checked the booking document I'm holding for the 4 hr

reporting service, it says 'COVID- 19 Real Time RT-PCR test -

Nasal Swab (NCP)'.

Perhaps this is the test you are referring to.)

I'll get the report (backed by an international accreditation) by e.mail four hrs. after the swab is taken and this keeps me within the Singapore Airlines max. time of 48 hrs. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:
11 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Thanks for that.

The back-end of summer in the UK has seen a return to boom times for the hospitality business as the far more sensible people decided ages ago that a vacation at home was by far the safest option, especially after the 'traffic light' fiasco at the start of summer. Are the French staying home too? Germans?

There's a lot of noise herein about Thailand's entry rules being not fit for purpose. The reality is that beyond a few non-tourist returnees and the more adventurous newbie, nobody is really too bothered about what ANY country beyond a 5-hour flight is doing and taking a winter break there.

Expand  

The hotels were full here July to mid September, now is the last warm month of the season but still many tourists here, Germans, Scandinavians and locals. Gran Canarias, Tenerife will be fully booked this winter as many of the big charter operators think it's too late now to promote Thailand.  

As I already suggested, these are tourists who didn't see the point of risking a foreign vacation where you had to fly much more than 4 hours lest the rules suddenly changed and they would need to scoot back home quick. Plenty French, Germans and Scandinavians vacationed in their homeland as well.

5 hours ago, internationalism said:

Thanks again for the update, much appreciated.

I can't find anywhere (within the documents the traveler must upload) any mention of:

• - Airline name
  • - Flight number
  • - Flight departure/arrival time.

This leads me to think that an 'approval' is good for a number of days. (could be wrong of course, especially since the traveler must provide proof of their hotel booking which does show specific dates.)

Further info/clarity on this aspect will be appreciated by all, I'm sure.

Thanks again.

10 hours ago, sandyf said:

I don't know what the required wording is, but this is what appears on the certificate.

Medical and other expenses
(Including for medical costs and evacuation incurred during your trip as a result of contracting COVID-19)

When I said I used Emirates insurance, it was in relation to a COE and I can confirm I am back home in Thailand.

The certificate is under the banner of AIG but the policy is underwritten by American Home Assurance Company(Dubai Br).

Thanks. That sounds better than what it was early this year. Indeed, that includes a direct and specific reference to COVID and that's what the Thai authorities want to see.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Thanks again for the update, much appreciated.

I can't find anywhere (within the documents the traveler must upload) any mention of:

• - Airline name
  • - Flight number
  • - Flight departure/arrival time.

This leads me to think that an 'approval' is good for a number of days. (could be wrong of course, especially since the traveler must provide proof of their hotel booking which does show specific dates.)

Further info/clarity on this aspect will be appreciated by all, I'm sure.

Thanks again.

My post just above is wrong.

Travelers have to complete and submit the existing T8 questionnaire, which seems to be labelled as a 'health questionnaire' and in fact T8 does ask questions such as:

- List the countries where you have stayed within 2 weeks of arrival date

- Please mark X if you have had any of the following symptoms within the last 2 weeks:

diarrhoea, vomiting, abdominal pain, fever, headache, sore throat, rash, jaundice, cough or shortness of breath, enlarged lymph glands or tender lumps, others.

NOW BACK TO MY ERROR: on T8 potential travelers must also answer the following questions:

- Flight number

- Departure point / arrival point

- Date of departure

- Seat number

Also:

- Passport Number

- Occupation

- Address in Thailand

Edited by scorecard

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

USA has one of the highest infection daily cases in the world and it's on the list.

Personally, I think the list is more politically instead of rational.

makes sense, 

korea actually has not allowed canadian tourists for quite some time now, but allows USA and UK citizens, im not a politics guy so i have no clue the relations with canada and asian countries other than they had a dispute with china over the huwei exec 

On 10/15/2021 at 7:09 PM, ubonjoe said:

You have to spend 1 night in SHA+ hotel for the results of your covid 19 test done on arrival. After that you can go wherever you want to.

The order for the special tourist visa (STV) was extended until September of 2022.

A 15 day visa on arrival may be possible for those that qualify for one enter one of the sandboxes.

A 30 day visa exempt entry is allowed for those that qualify for it.

You can apply for a non-o visa at immigration if you qualify for one.

Does that apply to unvaccinated tourists as well? That is, you get a negative test result, and no need for further quarantine? Actually, I already paid for 10 days ASQ, and it's non-refundable. I'd hate to lose the $$$, but I'd still rather not do it. If that's what the new directive will be. Already started the COE process, was going to book a flight this week, but might wait a few more weeks until this is clarified.  

1 hour ago, Travis179 said:

Does that apply to unvaccinated tourists as well? That is, you get a negative test result, and no need for further quarantine? Actually, I already paid for 10 days ASQ, and it's non-refundable. I'd hate to lose the $$$, but I'd still rather not do it. If that's what the new directive will be. Already started the COE process, was going to book a flight this week, but might wait a few more weeks until this is clarified.  

So, will arrivals be able to select their 1 night hotel or will it be mandated by the authorities?

Also, If passenger can select will the list be the same ASQ hotel list already existing?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BritTim said:

Abbot has a machine out that does it in 9-13 minutes. At the start, it had serious issues with verifiability but I've read that's no longer a problem. There are a few competitors in the market. 

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

I don't have the knowledge to discuss the type of test but this service has been operating for about 14 months and seems to be accepted.

In fact to be very sure about no bumps at check-in on the day of travel I asked Singapore Airlines Sydney office if they accepted the report issued by this lab (as part of the check-in process) and they replied yes.

I'm not sure if I can post the name of the lab but let's try:  Histopath (well established company/lab service, well accredited, many branches across Sydney for many pathology needs).

Further, Singapore Airlines now requires a negative report no more than 48 hrs old if the flight is transiting through Changi Airport.

I had intended to be at Sydney Airport on my departure day at 6:00 am (time the one hr. report lab opens) and take the test. but my departure time is 9:05 am, so the overall timing is quite tight.

I was becoming more concerned about the timing tightness so more recently I found another well established and well accredited lab service (no branch at the airport but many full branches across Sydney), they have a four hour reporting service* so I now plan to use this service, getting the swab taken at their walk-in lab (not at airport) just under the 48 hrs factor.

(* I checked the booking document I'm holding for the 4 hr

reporting service, it says 'COVID- 19 Real Time RT-PCR test -

Nasal Swab (NCP)'.

Perhaps this is the test you are referring to.)

I'll get the report (backed by an international accreditation) by e.mail four hrs. after the swab is taken and this keeps me within the Singapore Airlines max. time of 48 hrs. 

You are right. This is the required RT-PCR test with results within one hour (though the cost is a little higher than you suggested: still very reasonable). They confirm this at https://www.histopath.com.au/traveltesting/. This needs to be extended to major airports worldwide.

6 hours ago, Travis179 said:

Unvaccinated need to go to Asq  canot come here without free quarantine 

• Like 1