Update on thailand pass and thailand no quarantine

22 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

And it still says CoE is required yet people who have applied have been told to wait for Thailand Pass.  This is a disaster with 10 days to go and many flights booked for the first.

6 minutes ago, Everything Picture said:

Yet no mention of CoE here

I'd go with the later news article posted which they say is what was gazetted. It also says you get a PCR test on arrival and get given a rapid test kit which you must carry out and complete day 6-7. That's not in the graphic either

Edited by aussiexpat

23 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I'd go with the later news article posted which they say is what was gazetted. It also says you get a PCR test on arrival and get given a rapid test kit which you must carry out and complete day 6-7. That's not in the graphic either

Agree.  I fly on the first (arrive on 2nd) so have to do this just in case they don't scrap it for ThailandPass.

First page of application you must choose between sandbox or AQ.  I want neither <deleted>.  AGGGHHHH.

1 minute ago, Everything Picture said:

Agree.  I fly on the first (arrive on 2nd) so have to do this just in case they don't scrap it for ThailandPass.

First page of application you must choose between sandbox or AQ.  I want neither <deleted>.  AGGGHHHH.

Wait until Monday/Tuesday next week for it to change, you're on Thailand time now which says you have plenty ????

• Like 1

I have found the most reliable guide to be the IATA advice, used by member airlines. As of the time of posting, these have not been updated. This is what they specify for a UK citizen traveling as a tourist:

Summary
Conditional, You will need to hold travel documents as detailed below.

Type: Ok
Passport

Admission and Transit Restrictions:

Restriction

Until 30 November 2021, passengers and airline crew are not allowed to enter and transit.

This does not apply to passengers who are spouses, parents, or children of a national of Thailand.

This does not apply to airline crew with a return scheduled flight.

This does not apply to passengers traveling as students.

This does not apply to passengers with a visa issued by Thailand.

This does not apply to passengers who are visa exempt.

This does not apply to passengers traveling to Phuket (HKT) or Na Thon (Ko Samui (USM)).

Warning:

Passengers entering Thailand must have a negative COVID-19 test result issued at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. Tests accepted are: all types of PCR tests. The test result must be in English.

Passengers entering or transiting through Thailand must have insurance to cover medical expenses in Thailand with a coverage cost of at least USD 100,000.-.

Passengers must have a Certificate of Entry (COE) issued by Royal Thai Embassy.

Passengers traveling to Phuket (HKT) or Na Thon (Ko Samui (USM)):
- are subject to a COVID-19 RT-PCR test upon arrival; and
- must have a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated at least 14 days before arrival. Vaccines accepted are: AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), AZD1222 (SK Bioscience Co Ltd.), Covishield, Janssen, Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty), Sinopharm, Sinovac and Sputnik V.

Passengers traveling to Phuket (HKT) must have proof of payment for a Safety and Health Administration (SHA+) accommodation, for the period of intended stay.

Passengers traveling to Na Thon (Ko Samui (USM)) must have:
- proof of payment for Samui Extra+ and Safety and Health Administration (SHA+) accommodation for the period of intended stay; and
-proof of payment for COVID-19 tests in Ko Samui.

Passengers traveling to Phuket (HKT) or Na Thon (Ko Samui (USM)), must have a return/onward ticket for a flight departing from Phuket to another country within 14 days.

Passengers are subject to medical screening.

Passengers are subject to quarantine for 10 days.

This does not apply passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated at least 14 days before departure from the first embarkation point. Vaccines accepted are: AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), AZD1222 (SK Bioscience Co Ltd.), Covishield, Janssen, Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty), Sinopharm, Sinovac and Sputnik V. They are subject to quarantine for 7 days.

Type: Critical
Visa

Visa required.

The following should be taken into account even if holding a Visa:

Visa exempt visitors older than 12 years must hold sufficient funds to cover their stay (at least THB 20,000.- per person or THB 40,000.- per family). Proof of funds includes Letters of Credit, vouchers, Miscellaneous Charges Orders (MCO) or well-known credit cards, which are honored in Thailand.

Extension of stay is possible for visa exempt passengers.

Warning:

Visa exempt nationals must have passports and passport replacing documents with at least half an unused visa page for entry/departure endorsements by the Thai Immigration Service.