Update on thailand pass and thailand no quarantine

26 minutes ago, Haveasay said:

Is special tourist visa still available or go visa on arrival, and get non O? Cheers

The special tourist visa is available. Visa on arrival is still suspended (and you could not convert to a Non O when using one even at the time they were available). If you qualify for visa exempt entry, that is often the best route to a Non O visa and subsequent extension(s).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Haveasay said:

So no quarantine, why SHA+!  Your arriving double vac, health insurance, and negative test prior to departure. Surely could get a test anywhere day 2, or on arrival, and stay where you please with app for location.

You have to spend 1 night in SHA+ hotel for the results of your covid 19 test done on arrival. After that you can go wherever you want to.

Is special tourist visa still available or go visa on arrival, and get non O? Cheers

The order for the special tourist visa (STV) was extended until September of 2022.

A 15 day visa on arrival may be possible for those that qualify for one enter one of the sandboxes.

A 30 day visa exempt entry is allowed for those that qualify for it.

You can apply for a non-o visa at immigration if you qualify for one.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DHut said:

What about those who are scheduled to arrive on 1 November? Do they still use COE?

That’s my question too.

I’ve already applied for COE and I’m awaiting approval. My flight arrives at BKK on November 12.

• Like 1

Yeah, sorta

The STV program has been extended until September 2022.  What they didn't do is update the requirements, like quarantine length, testing, etc.  The Vancouver consulate is encouraged to believe that the November statement/press release will bring clarity to the situation.

I'm still waiting for a reasonable air route.  Singapore air will be flying to and from Vancouver BC starting December 2.  I plan on being on a flight that week if I can find out what the freaking requirements of the STV are.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to spend 1 night in SHA+ hotel for the results of your covid 19 test done on arrival. After that you can go wherever you want to.

I know I'm stupid but your link states

Are COVID-19 PCR tests still required?

They will still be required for AQ stay, but it appears they may no longer be required for Sandbox, and Quarantine Free entry. The phuket standbox are already dropping these requirements starting October 15th. We expect other sandbox programs to also drop these requirements starting November 1st.

So, does this mean PCR test are not required for 10 quarantine free countries if they stay in say Pattaya Sandbox and only PCR if not staying in a sandbox ? ? Or what, seems very unclear to me as how could you book a health pass if you do not need a hotel/aq ?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

That’s my question too.

I’ve already applied for COE and I’m awaiting approval. My flight arrives at BKK on November 12.

Short answer is you will be ok by the 12th

Note

As per previous changes for example

Reduced quarantine Phase 1 was April 1, 14 days reduced to 7 for vaccinated arrivals ( this scheme last 3 weeks only)

the popular tourism country is lifting some of its Covid restrictions. As of that date, Thailand’s strict 14-day quarantine will be relaxed to ten days for most travelers. An exception is travelers from countries with virus variants of concern—those quarantines remain at 14 days. This was finally Gazetted April 2nd

Reduced quarantine Phase 2 was Sandbox July 1st,

if I remember some travelers left before the Royal gazette announcement and managed to arrive July 1st, but it was very very last minute official Gazette was July 1st.

Reduced quarantine Phase 3 November  1st,  Including 5-10-38 low risk countries. Official announcement will be Friday 29th October (no chance) I think royal gazette will be November 3rd Wednesday

I’ll be flying approx. November 20-23 so should be ok by then

4 minutes ago, bolt said:

Note

Reduced quarantine Phase 1 was April 1, 14 days reduced to 7 for vaccinated arrivals ( this scheme last 3 weeks only)

the popular tourism country is lifting some of its Covid restrictions. As of that date, Thailand’s strict 14-day quarantine will be relaxed to ten days for most travelers. An exception is travelers from countries with virus variants of concern—those quarantines remain at 14 days. This was finally Gazetted April 2nd

if I remember some travelers left before the Royal gazette announcement and managed to arrive July 1st, but it was very very last minute official Gazette was July 1st.

Reduced quarantine Phase 3 November  1st,  Including 5-10-38 low risk countries. Official announcement will be Friday 29th October (no chance) I think royal gazette will be November 3rd Wednesday

One can only hope that they nail down the requirements and list them this next week so that folks can plan accordingly and not have to jump through extra hoops if they are unnecessary per the Royal Gazette when it is posted.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, bolt said:

Note

Right. What I’m wondering is whether my COE (issued in October) will still be accepted when I arrive at BKK on 12 November, or whether I will be expected, sometime between now and then, to start over from scratch and apply for the “Thailand Pass?”

1 hour ago, lyskamm said:

Country of departure or nationality??

Good point! If you are traveling from the USA for example , but have a Canadian passport, what happens assuming you are double jabbed?

It would make sense you would only need the one night quarantine, to wait for the result of the PCR test, not the 7 nights.

But this is Thailand!

1 hour ago, fusion58 said:

Right. What I’m wondering is whether my COE (issued in October) will still be accepted when I arrive at BKK on 12 November, or whether I will be expected, sometime between now and then, to start over from scratch and apply for the “Thailand Pass?”

Your COE is tied to your bookings (Flights PCR test (s) Day 1 & 6th and Hotel) so unless you want to stay at a AQ hotel for 7 days I suggest you contact the embassy.

I expect 1 PCR Test only upon arrival in BKK 

If your departure country is on the green list you will only need 1 nights accommodation at an AQ or SHA+ hotel

So I’m sure you will have Change-edit your COE application once the Thai embassy knows the new requirements for your dates November 12th ????

I think by the 12th you’ll need

·         Flight tickets

·         COVID Insurance

·         Pay in advance for PCR test on day 1 in BKK

·         Hotel booking in approved hotel for minimum 1 night only

·         Thai Visa

1 minute ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Good point! If you are traveling from the USA for example , but have a Canadian passport, what happens assuming you are double jabbed?

It would make sense you would only need the one night quarantine, to wait for the result of the PCR test, not the 7 nights.

But this is Thailand!

Country of departure, Nearest Thai embassy, i think you have to be in country of departure for 14 days, NOT less Unless its a Sealed Transit