Update on thailand pass and thailand no quarantine

39 minutes ago, Carrbhoy said:
3 hours ago, treetops said:

SHA+ in Bangkok?  When did/does that start?

I arrive into Bangkok 22nd October. Flights, Insurance, PCR test, SHA+ package & condo deposit 1 month all paid out weeks ago so no point cancelling. Just need to take the hit!

People are getting their acronyms mixed up…. Hardly surprising given all the different announcements & schemes… 

But…  SHA+ is for Phuket Sandbox or Samui Plus. 

Quarantine in Bangkok is ASQ (can’t leave hotel room) 

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

People are getting their acronyms mixed up…. Hardly surprising given all the different announcements & schemes… 

But…  SHA+ is for Phuket Sandbox or Samui Plus. 

Quarantine in Bangkok is ASQ (can’t leave hotel room) 

I'm reading that they're rolling out SHA and SHA+ all over Thailand with the new opening.  Just a day locked up waiting on test results.

Thanks for your informative and valuable post, much appreciated.

No doubt many members are 'watching this space' right now.

My main interest has been whether Australia would be on 'the list'.

Initially a total number of 10 was mooted.

Then a first list of 5 announced but the additional 5 not mentioned.

Then a total number of 27, then 39 but no full lists.

Now your post mentions a total of 12 with Australia at 11th spot (but whether the position on the list is meaningful I don't know). 

But of course there's 2 more weeks to 1 November, so plenty of time for the 'the list' change and for other factors to change.

We wait and see. Again thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

if fully vaccinated and from one of the listed country they are saying that one PCR test must be done when you arrive and then you would spend one night in a SHA hotel until you get the negative test result.

Best on to confuse it with sandboxes that would be for those not vaccinated or from a listed country.

I am sure there will be better info and clarifications later.

So if my final dest being CNX with a layover in BKK for a few hrs..would I be tested in BKK and have to stay a night in BKK at ASQ or can transit to CNX for test-ASQ?

Thanks in advance..

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

But only for the first night to wait for the covid 19 test results.

True of course but hopefully there will soon be more details from the Thai gov't to give travelers more details: e.g.

• - Will travelers know in advance the location of the swab hub they will be taken to?
  • - Who selects the 1 night hotel? (Connects to the point above.)
  • - What happens if test result comes early? Can traveler immediately check-out and commence next in their travel to their actual holiday location.
  • - Without answers to the above (timing details) many travelers can't book their next flight (if they are travelling as quickly as possibly to another location in Thailand for their holiday. And not sure what arrival date to give to the hotel/resort whatever for their holiday.

But still 2 weeks to 1 Nov so hopefully a lot more details in that 2 weeks.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, portlandtree said:

So only one night quarantine no problem get to catch up on time change but what hotels only in Bangkok? Anybody know if one can do it in pattaya? Please someone tell me if you know

And does the 1 night hotel have to be on an approved list? Or any hotel?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, fusion58 said:

That’s my question too.

I’ve already applied for COE and I’m awaiting approval. My flight arrives at BKK on November 12.

COE applications that were in the system prior to the Oct 1st changes were suspended and they started processing again on 30th Sept, mine was one of them. I was due to fly 7th Oct.

Once they did start they were very quick, I was initially rejected, edited the application and had approval within the hour, and that was late evening.

If your quarantine is reduced don't expect much of a refund, my original price for the ALQ was £58/night and ended up at £92/night.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, sirineou said:

I had to call the Embassy and argue with them that surely Unlimited coverage was better that 100k coverage, and they relented, 

How do I resolve that issue , now? Will there be an option to bypass the portal and go to a live person with override power. ?? 

I guess we will see when it happens,   

Not sure what you mean by "portal", The COE is handled by the local embassy.

The rejection email is from a no reply source but in it there will be a reply email address, think mine being London was "consularLON4".

No reason why you can't still phone.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The rejection email is from a no reply source but in it there will be a reply email address, think mine being London was "consularLON4".

The consulate I went through was extremely prompt at answering emails. Not interested in phone calls! LOL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

So if my final dest being CNX with a layover in BKK for a few hrs..would I be tested in BKK and have to stay a night in BKK at ASQ or can transit to CNX for test-ASQ?

Thanks in advance..

Good question. I'm in the same situation but my guess is test and 1 night in Bkk, then to CNX, & hopefully no further tests or monitoring etc.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The new version of the CoE will be called Thailand Pass, (or something like that) and as far as we know so far, will  be handled through a web based portal. 

18 hours ago, bolt said:

ANY arrivals need COVID insurance for the value of $100k.

so no matter what insurance you have, it must state COVID coverage for the sum of $100K

What a scam, get the $100K insurance so that the brown envelopes keep flying in the same direction.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

The new version of the CoE will be called Thailand Pass, (or something like that) and as far as we know so far, will  be handled through a web based portal. 

Guess what the current COE is ... a web based portal.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Apologies if I was mistaken, but I thought you said you had submitted COE application which would be with the local embassy.

COE is not dead in the water, still used for land and sea. I suspect ones in the system will still be accepted for air travel in the weeks following any change that may be approved.

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

Apologies if I was mistaken, but I thought you said you had submitted COE application which would be with the local embassy.

COE is not dead in the water, still used for land and sea. I suspect ones in the system will still be accepted for air travel in the weeks following any change that may be approved.

No apologies nessacery,  No one is more confused over the cluster (deleted) than me , I typed the ("deleted" part myself to save the Mods the trouble LOL)

We did the CoE thing when we got back from the US last spring . I will be very happy to see the dreaded CoE tossed in the dustbin of history  ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bolt said:

What do you mean SCAM????

My COVID insurance was issued outside of Thailand, so do you mean brown envelopes were passed inside or outside of Thailand.

I repeat my COVID insurance has no connection with Thailand, Yet Doom Mongers blame the Thai’s

Yes, your right. Thailand does not make the rules regarding the insurance scam for the $100K insurance. Sorry about that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

No apologies nessacery,  No one is more confused over the cluster (deleted) than me , I typed the ("deleted" part myself to save the Mods the trouble LOL)

We did the CoE thing when we got back from the US last spring . I will be very happy to see the dreaded CoE tossed in the dustbin of history  ????

I didn't have a problem with the COE, just screwed into the ground by Agoda.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, portlandtree said:

So only one night quarantine no problem get to catch up on time change but what hotels only in Bangkok? Anybody know if one can do it in pattaya? Please someone tell me if you know

Worth a try - I booked the 'Ravindra Resort' at Jomtien for my 14 day / 7 day ASQ. Looks a good place. Good luck !