‘Bangkok’s Hamptons’: why Thailand’s elite are buying beach properties in Hua Hin

webfact

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Apples and oranges.   Do the Hamptons look like a slum and have a beach most wouldn't swim in.  Pier restaurants that smell of the sewage below on low tide.....I think not.

The OP was not comparing the qualities of the Hamptons to those of Hua Hin  (some posters who didn't read the article properly were).    It is just about city residents buying a place at the beach, that's all, like some Americans buying in the Hamptons...apples and apples, so to speak.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The OP was not comparing the qualities of the Hamptons to those of Hua Hin  (some posters who didn't read the article properly were).    It is just about city residents buying a place at the beach, that's all, like some Americans buying in the Hamptons...apples and apples, so to speak.

Should be titled, 'Bangkok's Atlantic City' ... and that may be too generous.

Its from the South China Morning Post so it must be true.  Or a paid advertisement put in the South China Morning Post by real-estate developers from Hua Hin. To attract not so smart people like everyone falling for this advertisement.  5555

8 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Yes Cha Am is greatly preferable to Hua Hin. Definitely not as Touristy as Hua Hin and much less crowded. It has a long and attractive beach contrary to Hua Hin where the beach is diminutive and diragree

Agree but don't go on the weekend orpublic holidays 

9 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Yes Cha Am is greatly preferable to Hua Hin. Definitely not as Touristy as Hua Hin and much less crowded. It has a long and attractive beach contrary to Hua Hin where the beach is diminutive and dirty.

I disagree.

HH "beach side"/town  is much nicer than Cha Am in my opinion. Has much nicer markets etc.

I've been to both many, many times - both obv' have the road from hell from BKK. I don't believe I've ever done a journey either way without seeing an accident.

Cha Am is disgusting  at weekends - all the beach front is trashed, massively loud music on the beach road - all the garbage, Soi dogs in packs.

10 years ago it was better - ( now, I haven't been since April 2019 ) it's turned into a dump.

HH seems to be much better, less rubbish ( don't know where you get the beach preference from ), better nightlife and restaurants. That's two of us travelling - not looking for girls....

We basically only stay in Cha Am  if we need to get back to BKK a little faster in the morning or we've gone further south and need to break the journey.

17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I thought that false and misleading information was not permitted on this forum?

All the scientists say the world is getting warmer and the ice caps are melting and sea level is rising fast.  All the coastal cities in the world and islands are going to be in great danger.  Those beachfront properties will be underwater before long. 
   Do you deny the science? Are you a climate denier? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Catoni said:
18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I thought that false and misleading information was not permitted on this forum?

All the scientists say the world is getting warmer and the ice caps are melting and sea level is rising fast.

"All the worlds scientists" say that and no scientists say that it's cyclical and expected?  All of them?  Where did you get that from?

56 minutes ago, Catoni said:

All the scientists say the world is getting warmer and the ice caps are melting and sea level is rising fast.  All the coastal cities in the world and islands are going to be in great danger.  Those beachfront properties will be underwater before long. 

"The science"?  What science are you referring to?  Do you mean the little bit that you have selected and then both misinterpreted and misrepresented? 

Which beach-front properties are "going to be under water before long"?  Could you be more specific with your claims...with evidence that what you posted is accurate?   

‘Bangkok’s Hamptons’: why Thailand’s elite are buying beach properties in Hua Hin

Because the polar ice caps are melting and they'll make a killing in insurance claims when their properties are flooded?

Probably not.  If the ice caps were melting for real?  You couldn't obtain any insurance on those properties no less obtain a title.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Catoni said:

My childhood house on Shoreham beach is still there after 60 years, and the sea isn't any closer.

I like Hua Hin, but didn't think much of the beach, too many jellyfish and horse poops.

Edited by BritManToo