‘Bangkok’s Hamptons’: why Thailand’s elite are buying beach properties in Hua Hin

webfact

6 minutes ago, Ian C HH said:

Nate as of “ pooh pooing” from far away I would suggest posters leave their various paradises and come take a look now rather than rely on ads by estate agents s. 
I live here and I’m amazed at the amount of new construction amd renovations underway at the moment. Started only on the last four to 6 months mostly “ up

on the hills” ( around Banyan) but also plenty of others out at Hin Lek Fai, someone knows something about increased demand. 
when Bangkok went into lockdown Hua Hin offered a weekend getaway, the flocked down every weekend - easily noticeable because during Covid the weekdays were traffic free indeed. So they tried it, liked it, and started buying land and building EVEN during this record high price steel and concrete period!  It’s a great place to stay, I also know that Pattaya has the same kind of opportunities in places , but rightly or wrongly it’s reputation isn’t the best and may be putting the aristocrats off? I just hope Hua Hin doesn’t get changed into something more commercial. 

I agree....GF and I enjoy a getaway to Hua Hin when we can.,...and all during the pandemic, the nicer resort/hotels were packed to the gills with Thais every time we visited. Makes sense those that can would buy a place there...i would consider it too but not if prices soar out of control. My real plan is to convince the GF to try  and relocate her job, sell the house in Nonthaburi and buy a slightly larger place around Hua Hin. But failing that...maybe a small condo as a second residence for getaways would be OK.

Edited by tonray
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, henry213 said:

Some how i don't believe a word of it, Why now? covid? think not, I rekcon they say this sh_t hoping foreigners will rush there to buy buy buy! I'd call it  B S...............

Good time for the wealthy to make investments in property, prices in Bangkok are high, they're not interested in Pattaya, so go to Hua Hin with a fist-full of money and make a cash offer.

3 hours by road or maybe even a quick flight, nice holiday retreat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greg O said:

They're talking about beach front properties of which availability is slim to nearly none and the prices of these few properties are horrendously expensive and definitely on the rise. 

Rule #1.  Always buy seaview in a beach town.

1 hour ago, Ian C HH said:

Nate as of “ pooh pooing” from far away I would suggest posters leave their various paradises and come take a look now rather than rely on ads by estate agents s. 
I live here and I’m amazed at the amount of new construction amd renovations underway at the moment. Started only on the last four to 6 months mostly “ up

on the hills” ( around Banyan) but also plenty of others out at Hin Lek Fai, someone knows something about increased demand. 
when Bangkok went into lockdown Hua Hin offered a weekend getaway, the flocked down every weekend - easily noticeable because during Covid the weekdays were traffic free indeed. So they tried it, liked it, and started buying land and building EVEN during this record high price steel and concrete period!  It’s a great place to stay, I also know that Pattaya has the same kind of opportunities in places , but rightly or wrongly it’s reputation isn’t the best and may be putting the aristocrats off? I just hope Hua Hin doesn’t get changed into something more commercial. 

Pattaya is also getting lots of Bangkok people on weekends.  The north Pattaya Beach area is busy with those staying at the nice hotels there, with Terminal 21 steps away.   Jomtien and Wong Amat are also busy with Bangkokians who own getaway condos in those areas--in projects like Lumpini Park Beach and Baan Plai Haad.  

• Like 2

I don't mind Hua Hin, but I find it sleazier than Pattaya with cr@p restaurants and sub par malls. A few months before covid I stayed at Hilton Hua Hin and it was the filthiest beach I've ever seen in Thailand or anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I used to live in Hua-hin,nice place but getting too crowded.Hard to park a car any where.

moved to just outside Cha-am,cheaper everything,closer to Bangkok and close enough to HH

if i want or need to go there.

The new Phetchaburi imm office is being build very close to where i live.

Yes Cha-am does not sound as upscale as HH but i like it here a lot better.

• Like 1