Are you afraid of dying?

connda

Are you afraid of dying?  

199 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not afraid of dying, but being a Yorkshireman, I'll be totally p'd off if I don't get my moneys worth out of my new bike which I bought to travel far and wide, before the grim reaper comes to visit, and being incapacitated with sciatica right now reduces my odds.

A friend saw a picture of me on the new motorbike on my wife's facebook, and commented - "don't forget your not a young man anymore"! Cheeky sod, in my mind I'm only 26!!, Body disagrees but, as they say, "mind over matter".... ????

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Which country invaded the most countries in the three decades or more? Financed most incursions? Peace really?

555 - and whatever peace was enjoyed extended to White people only - as it does today

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Which country invaded the most countries in the three decades or more? Financed most incursions? Peace really? 

Most of us lived in peace. You can stop the anti American drum beating now, as I for one am grateful I wasn't sent to die in yet another stupid war, and while many did, it wasn't in the countries I lived in.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Most of us lived in peace. You can stop the anti American drum beating now, as I for one am grateful I wasn't sent to die in yet another stupid war, and while many did, it wasn't in the countries I lived in.

I shall post what I see fit in the forum and will not be dictated to by you. Facts are facts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Again - in the USA - if you are White

Ask Black and Latino people how much "Peace" they experience living there

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps they'd prefer living in the DRC or Liberia. I understand they are a paradise of peace and prosperity, and run by "people of colour".

Exactly. In fact, it's hard to find more than a handful of nations that are successfully run by 'people of colour'

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps they'd prefer living in the DRC or Liberia. I understand they are a paradise of peace and prosperity, and run by "people of colour".

Perhaps if they were treated the same as white people these problems would go away - No ?

And I replied to your post about life in the USA - not Central Africa

Edited by seedy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, seedy said:

Perhaps if they were treated the same as white people these problems would go away - No ?

And I replied to your post about life in the USA - not Central Africa

Given the thread is about fearing death, it doesn't matter which country we talk about as it's all off topic.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 8:34 PM, G Rex said:

I have had/am having a fantastic life - and I honestly have no ‘bucket list’.

As my body physically deteriorates , I may enact protocols to speed up proceedings.

Both of my parents died with dementia. I do not want to play that game.

In my working life I euthanised thousands of patients - so I have a more blasé attitude to the sanctity of life.

I am all about Quality Of Life.

are  you  available for  hire?

• Haha 2

On 10/17/2021 at 11:55 AM, 1FinickyOne said:

that's my dream too... maybe a month in a lovely resort w/all things peaceful... and fine. A gradual increase of some sort of sleeping med and pain killers and to fade away in lovely dreams... we should be able to accomplish that as a society... right? 

Sadly  where religion still dominates, another reason to get rid of  it

No fear but the older I get the more I think about it and what it means. Everything you are were or will be all the individual things that are you cease to exist. Not afraid but it's certainly a lot for a chimp brain to rap its head around.  I believe it was Ricky Gervais who said something like you don't remember the millions of years before you were born and the same happens when you die. It's those that left behind who suffer somewhat with grief or sadness.

I have told my family not to be sad at my passing. I am truly blessed couldn't have asked for a better life I don't want to push on any time soon but you ya gotta make room for all the buggers coming up behind. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thaicookingchef said:

hahaha, it's so funny ! All those real men ! hahahaha

as soon as a virus that kills 0.001 % people appears, they rush to vaccinate like sheeps, and then, they pretend that they are no afraid of dying ! hahahaa, you really are liars or perfectly know nothing about yourself !

I am not afraid of dying, and I will not vaccinate as an evidence ! Anybody else with balls around here ? I CANNOT FIND !!!

You'll get vaccinated when your liberties are restricted, or you can stew in your company at home alone!

You've obviously have no consideration for the health care services, struggling to maintain a service. No doubt you'll be first inline at the hospital when you catch it....

Edited by Tofer
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

do you mean EVERYONE who gets  covid  ends  up  in hospital  unable to breath ro do you want to give me a percenatge that do

You just carry on as you are, if you believe you're invincible. Almost 5,000,000 people around the world would disagree with you, If they could!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tofer said:

You just carry on as you are, if you believe you're invincible. Almost 5,000,000 people around the world would disagree with you, If they could!!

world cases  246 million probably as many undiagnosed with no symptoms , covid  deaths 5  million , you do the maths, ok I make it 2% as near as, do you concur a 2 %  death rate if I get it?

I  like these sites  giving you odds 

https://injuryfacts.nsc.org/all-injuries/preventable-death-overview/odds-of-dying/

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

world cases  246 million probably as many undiagnosed with no symptoms , covid  deaths 5  million , you do the maths, ok I make it 2% as near as, do you concur a 2 %  death rate if I get it?

I  like these sites  giving you odds 

https://injuryfacts.nsc.org/all-injuries/preventable-death-overview/odds-of-dying/

I should imagine that the rate for the average poster on this site is a fair bit higher given age, weight, overall health, diet, how much they drink etc. Then there's those that have long term effects. 

• Haha 1