go-go bars gone?

elgenon

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Of course I didn't ring the bell, and what "fun" came after? None that I ever saw.

There are times when prominent forum posters contrive to give the impression they barely scratched the surface, this is one of them ????

20 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

It's a myth the customers like to continue with to justify the trade, it's the lazy, stupid and greedy ones who get into it. This old claim of it's the sex trade or starving up country does not wash these days. In my wife's very large Issan village only one girl we know of went to Pattaya to work as a prostitute, all the wifes schoolmates took advantage of education, some have govnt jobs and one a chain of 7/11's others sell food, rather than themselves!

90+% of massage girls\sex workers seem to be from Isaan, presumably due to lack of options

34 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

90+% of massage girls\sex workers seem to be from Isaan, presumably due to lack of options

Or it being a vast area with most people apart from Bkk? Met a bargirl one time who had a degree who gave up a good job to work at the Pent club selling herself, she was from CM. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Or it being a vast area with most people apart from Bkk? Met a bargirl one time who had a degree who gave up a good job to work at the Pent club selling herself, she was from CM. 

It seems a lot of western men have a problem understanding that some women regard sex as a means of getting rich quick, and not as some sort of holy grail to be doled out sparingly as a sort of reward for behaving, as some women do.

Some of the nicest women I've ever met were prostitutes, while the worst were not.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Some of the nicest women I've ever met were prostitutes, while the worst were not.

Agree. The most honest too.

The Puritanical streak which was beaten into so many people in the west has quite a grip still.

sin.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/19/2021 at 12:22 AM, kellyk11 said:

Instagram. Onlyfans. Facebook etc.

Women all over the world found out they don't need to put out to get men to pay for them. The standard of women available for physical P4P has dropped. Halfway decent women can make more money doing e-work like twitch streaming, onlyfans, etc.

The online stuff is definitely an option, as it was pre-covid highlighted by the fact that many of the (more attractive) girls working in the bars were covering all bases by doing online dating at multiple sites. However, with more and more competition from the online sites many girls will still like the "hands on" approach of a bar where they can sit and talk and drink, or dance. For many, it was a way of life.. and actually lived above their work premises.

I reckon, when the bar scene rebounds there will be opportunities for new players!!

Bars will open with brand new owners...   and many brand new girls, who lost their "real jobs" during Covid will enter the industry. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bangkok19 said:

The online stuff is definitely an option, as it was pre-covid highlighted by the fact that many of the (more attractive) girls working in the bars were covering all bases by doing online dating at multiple sites. However, with more and more competition from the online sites many girls will still like the "hands on" approach of a bar where they can sit and talk and drink, or dance. For many, it was a way of life.. and actually lived above their work premises.

I reckon, when the bar scene rebounds there will be opportunities for new players!!

Bars will open with brand new owners...   and many brand new girls, who lost their "real jobs" during Covid will enter the industry. 

The girls like\need the social aspect of working in massage, bars, agogos, so most will drift back to those as well as online

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you are referring to Pattaya I'd agree, though not those I saw in Bkk.

I remember years back at the start of a high season in Pattaya, I would see pickup trucks heading down the sois loaded with young ladies in the back that had all just arrived from Issaan. 

On 10/19/2021 at 3:34 PM, scubascuba3 said:

i agree with you on the ringing the bell thing, a mugs game but they enjoy it, well until they run out of money, makes them feel important, the worst ones are the guys throwing money onto stage, just looking for attention.

For some yes but sometimes, at your regular bar, such as scooters, ringing the bell is nothing to do with being a mug. It's about being generous same a giving a tip..and you get remembered. The gratuitous, ostentatious tipping is at Kink in SLKM where the girls are showered from above with notes.

On 10/19/2021 at 2:33 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I wasn't aware we had a genuine psychic on the forum- one that can look into his crystal ball and see what I did. :shock1:

Depends on what you consider "fun" anyway. Perhaps you consider giving loadsacash to people you never met a "fun" activity, but I'd rather spend it on enjoying myself.

Why would I care if the bargirls were pleased to see me? They were there to earn money, not be thrilled at my presence.

Yes, I did stay in the fun devoid zone of C M before I left, but I wouldn't say I didn't have enjoyable moments, though I doubt you and I have similar interests eg I found Game of Thrones very enjoyable, while you apparently like to buy girls affections with bell ringing at any opportunity. To each of us our own versions of enjoyment.

Have a nice day.

"you apparently like to buy girls affections with bell ringing at any opportunity"

Wrong. You presume. You have never seen me ring a bell. It's not my habit but I have done so on occasions. I demonstrate my generosity and party energy in other ways but sitting at home by myself watching TV is not one of them. I am not psychic but can read your posts. Some contributors are of the passive aggressive, virtue signalling, puritan type and frequently have digs at people with money and people who know how to have fun in Thailand, including elephant riding, yes! Nightlife and day life; P4P, good food, good drink, good sex and yes laughter and generosity and a bit of giddiness with girls. AND I STILL HAVE TIME FOR WATCHING THE SOPRANOS ON TV! It's not a case of either or!..On your own admittance you are not a fun guy and actually prefer to 'stay in room' and watch TV. This being the case it limits the relevance and perspicacity of your comments on Nightlife, bars, GG bars, P4P, bar girls etc..Just saying! lol!

On 10/19/2021 at 9:30 PM, seedy said:

Agree. The most honest too.

The Puritanical streak which was beaten into so many people in the west has quite a grip still.

sin.jpg

I have an Islamic text that I got in Saudi that said if a man and a woman are alone in a room together they WILL have sex.

Sad.

15 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

On your own admittance you are not a fun guy and actually prefer to 'stay in room' and watch TV. This being the case it limits the relevance and perspicacity of your comments on Nightlife, bars, GG bars, P4P, bar girls etc..Just saying! lol!

WOW, did you ever get that one wrong. That may be true now, but not at all in most of my life.

One should not examine one strand of hair and think to deduce an entire person from it.

15 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

For some yes but sometimes, at your regular bar, such as scooters, ringing the bell is nothing to do with being a mug. It's about being generous same a giving a tip..and you get remembered. The gratuitous, ostentatious tipping is at Kink in SLKM where the girls are showered from above with notes.

I tipped in Thailand for services rendered, not to those that had never come near me.

I consider tipping to be a reward, not as a routine for being in the same place. Never mind, you should carry on tipping to their heart's content.

Remembered? Ya think it made any difference? Sit order pay. Not hard and they won't not serve one if one didn't tip last time.

On 10/19/2021 at 3:34 PM, scubascuba3 said:

i agree with you on the ringing the bell thing, a mugs game but they enjoy it, well until they run out of money, makes them feel important, the worst ones are the guys throwing money onto stage, just looking for attention.

We are aware that from certain parts of the world buying a round is an alien concept ???? not so much in Europe 

• Confused 1

On 10/17/2021 at 10:44 PM, Freddy42OZ said:

What I would be looking for is high end resort hotels with excellent service, great selection of restaurants and a good pool (or pools).  

Not interested in leaving the resort.

I'm not sure if Pattaya has any resort hotels like that.

I think up country towards Chiang Mai there are some.

17 hours ago, 473geo said:

We are aware that from certain parts of the world buying a round is an alien concept ???? not so much in Europe

Probably the same Europeans that bash Americans at every opportunity for giving tips for good service and to people who actually need the extra help.

• Confused 1