go-go bars gone?

elgenon

8 hours ago, Walker88 said:

I would hear things like, "All of us for 500 baht". The women would turn down the offer.

555 - that brought back memories !

Had a friend worked on WS - enter from Second Road 711 and past the restaurants. Was right on the corner.

Couple of girls used to stand against the wall,  cater to Indian men.

I would sit with her and we would listen to the exchange. Hilarious !

Those girls made good coin !

18 hours ago, Uroller said:

Patong has been dead for many many years, Soi Cowboy and Nana Road are heaving with activity or were before Covid! The government continues to underestimate how much money is spent in bars and nightclubs because most of it is not accounted for in the countries monetary system. They will never attract enough multi-millionaires to bring back the economy! The wealthy have too many nicer options and less smothering rules in better countries????

I assume you meant Patpong, and not the beach in Phuket.

It was still alive last time I bothered going there, but the horrid night market put me off that street.

18 hours ago, Robin said:

Thailand offers many prety girls with not much chance of earning a living by conventional means, so they have to turn to prostitution.

Um, none of them HAVE to turn to prostitution, and the vast majority of Thai women never do.

Pretty girls have the opportunity, IMO, to earn way above what they would in the rice fields, building sites, in a sweat shop or as a maid, so they take took the easy way to get lotsacash.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I have lived in a small town for 15 years and I have never heard of any girlie places here, I am the only farang left here, but that was not always the case, I am sure if there was any I would know about it.

Likewise in Lamphun, which is quite large. The bar scene along the river is purely Thai centric as hardly any farangs live in Lamphun. A few Thai nightclubs with the obligatory deafening music, but no gogos when I lived there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kellyk11 said:

Instagram. Onlyfans. Facebook etc.

Women all over the world found out they don't need to put out to get men to pay for them. The standard of women available for physical P4P has dropped. Halfway decent women can make more money doing e-work like twitch streaming, onlyfans, etc.

There's a reason I'd never pay to look at women on line, regardless of what they are doing, and I doubt I'm the only one.

If the best a guy can get is some on line pay per view, it's a bit sad, IMO.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There's a reason I'd never pay to look at women on line, regardless of what they are doing, and I doubt I'm the only one.

If the best a guy can get is some on line pay per view, it's a bit sad, IMO.

Having Sex - Life

Viewing Sex - Voyeur

8 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I don't go to bargirl bars and I talk talk to females that require a payment/drink for them to talk to me . 

Didn't have to pay bargirls to talk to me, though I wasn't really interested in talking with them anyway. I'd usually play connect 4  or the other games with one, and if they'd been nice I'd pay for a drink as a "tip".

1 hour ago, seedy said:

555 - that brought back memories !

Had a friend worked on WS - enter from Second Road 711 and past the restaurants. Was right on the corner.

Couple of girls used to stand against the wall,  cater to Indian men.

I would sit with her and we would listen to the exchange. Hilarious !

Those girls made good coin !

A girl i knew couple years ago popular with Indians used to take 3 at a time, 500 baht each, 5 minutes each, easy work she said. Didn't do all 3 the same time

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Didn't have to pay bargirls to talk to me, though I wasn't really interested in talking with them anyway. I'd usually play connect 4  or the other games with one, and if they'd been nice I'd pay for a drink as a "tip".

That's one of those posts where I don't know whether you are being sarcastic or serious 

55 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I guess not a bell ringer then joining in the spirit of fun ☺️

14 hours ago, Kinnock said:

That's hilarious.   12 years living here, Regular visits for 10 years before that. Please share your great in depth lnowledge to all us newbies.

I dont believe you. Please provide evidence. Otherwise its just another story

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Hopefully you are right. But currently 99% of these businesses are closed. There is no money to open them up again. People opened up after the last lockdown, took risks, lost money...but not again. Covid mitigates against intimacy too.

Yes, most, if not all, are closed.  In the next re-opening phase either previous owners will open up their establishments or new investors will move in and take their chances.  Some places will remain closed as I don't think there will be as many businesses as before.  We have come back from market downturns before and I think we will come back again.  Granted, this time was far worse than previous financial meltdowns.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Um, none of them HAVE to turn to prostitution, and the vast majority of Thai women never do.

Pretty girls have the opportunity, IMO, to earn way above what they would in the rice fields, building sites, in a sweat shop or as a maid, so they take took the easy way to get lotsacash.

It's a myth the customers like to continue with to justify the trade, it's the lazy, stupid and greedy ones who get into it. This old claim of it's the sex trade or starving up country does not wash these days. In my wife's very large Issan village only one girl we know of went to Pattaya to work as a prostitute, all the wifes schoolmates took advantage of education, some have govnt jobs and one a chain of 7/11's others sell food, rather than themselves!

4 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

It's a myth the customers like to continue with to justify the trade, it's the lazy, stupid and greedy ones who get into it. This old claim of it's the sex trade or starving up country does not wash these days. In my wife's very large Issan village only one girl we know of went to Pattaya to work as a prostitute, all the wifes schoolmates took advantage of education, some have govnt jobs and one a chain of 7/11's others sell food, rather than themselves!

It's not either or. It's a bit of both.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Of course I didn't ring the bell, and what "fun" came after? None that I ever saw.

But you, on your own admittance are not a fun guy, never went to fun places and stayed in CM and then left Thailand. Even now you perceive 'ringing the bell' as a rip off for fools and not an act of fun and generosity leading to giddiness, loosening up and a party atmosphere. I bet there was not one bar where the girls were pleased to see you

• Haha 1