go-go bars gone?

elgenon

4 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

... indeed the world as we know it has changed... it will take at least a year for thailand to get fully vaccinated

That won't make any difference. A recent Harvard study found higher rates of Covid in vaccinated vs un-vaccinated places.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8481107/

Increases in COVID-19 are unrelated to levels of vaccination across 68 countries and 2947 counties in the United States

At the country-level, there appears to be no discernable relationship between percentage of population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases in the last 7 days (Fig. 1). In fact, the trend line suggests a marginally positive association such that countries with higher percentage of population fully vaccinated have higher COVID-19 cases per 1 million people

24 minutes ago, Tug said:

There is a reason it’s the (oldest profession)it isent going anywhere they need a place to showcase the goods 

Instagram. Onlyfans. Facebook etc.

Women all over the world found out they don't need to put out to get men to pay for them. The standard of women available for physical P4P has dropped. Halfway decent women can make more money doing e-work like twitch streaming, onlyfans, etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kellyk11 said:

Instagram. Onlyfans. Facebook etc.

Women all over the world found out they don't need to put out to get men to pay for them. The standard of women available for physical P4P has dropped. Halfway decent women can make more money doing e-work like twitch streaming, onlyfans, etc.

Some damn fine clunge to be had on Thaifriendly towards the latter part of the month when rents are due.

Keenly priced too !!

4 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Some damn fine clunge to be had on Thaifriendly towards the latter part of the month when rents are due.

Keenly priced too !!

It may work better back in the provinces rather than trying this in Pattaya/Bangkok where there are so many other hungry guys.

The really beautiful girls I knew from Pattaya shifted back to the provices.

59 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

I can tell by your comment that you dont live in Thailand. Maybe you have visited once or twice. 

That's hilarious.   12 years living here, Regular visits for 10 years before that. Please share your great in depth lnowledge to all us newbies.

Edited by Kinnock
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bbabythai said:

I can tell by your comment that you dont live in Thailand. Maybe you have visited once or twice. 

I live in Thailand, and though his comment had a bit of hyperbole, it's not too far off.

Many times I watched Chinese tour groups being led through WS taking selfies. Maybe 15 years ago I would see groups of 10-20 go into a bar for one drink, but in the last few years I just saw them taking selfies with the women on the street, or street magicians.

I have also watched groups of SouthAsian men try to get a group deal with a woman. In Bangkok, I would often sit at Hooters on Soi 4 and overhear the 'negotiations' on the sidewalk in front of me. I would hear things like, "All of us for 500 baht". The women would turn down the offer.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I live in Thailand, and though his comment had a bit of hyperbole, it's not too far off.

Many times I watched Chinese tour groups being led through WS taking selfies. Maybe 15 years ago I would see groups of 10-20 go into a bar for one drink, but in the last few years I just saw them taking selfies with the women on the street, or street magicians.

I have also watched groups of SouthAsian men try to get a group deal with a woman. In Bangkok, I would often sit at Hooters on Soi 4 and overhear the 'negotiations' on the sidewalk in front of me. I would hear things like, "All of us for 500 baht". The women would turn down the offer.

It happens but only in one WS GG but there is so much more going on and so many different people going there. The people who have the most opinions about WS are the ones who say: 'Oh I never go there..' and then proceed to talk innacurate nonsense about the places!

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I don't want one . 

Also, I do not refer to Thai girls as prostitutes , I only refer to prostitutes as prostitutes 

The term prostitute is usually used by damaged men. Usually inadequate men who can't get girls even Thai bar girls. Next time you are here call a girl in a bar 'prostitute' to her face and see what happens.

• Confused 2

I fully expect them to level pat walking street by year's end and put in their waterless swimming pool style tiles (previous news story on here) for the quality high spending families THAT ARE NOT COMING to pats anytime soon.

Lets take the private schooled kids to the age gap knocking shop beachtown capital of the world....UHU.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Kinnock said:

That's hilarious.   12 years living here, Regular visits for 10 years before that. Please share your great in depth lnowledge to all us newbies.

What were you doing all that time to give you such erroneous views and draw so many wrong conclusions and make so many innacurate observations?

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The term prostitute is usually used by damaged men. Usually inadequate men who can't get girls even Thai bar girls. Next time you are here call a girl in a bar 'prostitute' to her face and see what happens.

I don't go to bargirl bars and I talk talk to females that require a payment/drink for them to talk to me . 

• Haha 1

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you. From my decade of experience with Thais, especially Thai women, I have found that money is their primary goal in life and there is little shame in the culture to care where it came from.

Darn, if money is the primary goal of the average person, they are really pretty bad at it.

13 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its an embarrassment for Thais , that their Country is associated with prostitution 

Don't know why I see this being debated. It's true.

Gf and I are both 30yr old professionals who spend 50%+ of our time outside Thailand, and the association with prostitution is frequently annoying. It's not like, unbearable, but would I rather see the association broken? Yes. Zero chance that Thailand's elite in general feel differently about this than us.

To clarify: I don't care if the industry exists or judge patrons. Transactions between consenting adults? Go for it. I'd just rather it not be associated with Thailand in the popular global consciousness.

International travel will never recover.

Also lol at this.

I'd bet anyone who believes that this is true 10 Gs that we see a new high in airline annual passenger numbers within the next decade.

• Like 1

The Go-Go bars and beer bars (Bar Beer?) will be back in Pattaya once the country is fully re-opened.  They will definitely not be back to the huge numbers like in the early 2000's but they will be back to some degree.  There is too much money to be made by too many people to let it just totally fade away.  Pattaya has always adapted to the changing trends and markets starting with the American GI's in the late 60's up until Covid-19 shut everything down.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I don't go to bargirl bars and I talk talk to females that require a payment/drink for them to talk to me . 

Yeah yeah yeah...heard it all before from the morally superior virtue signallers..who never have any idea what's going on  who is who or the difference between a 'good girl' and a 'bad girl' or the difference between a 'bar girl' a 'freelancer' and a 'normal' girl. 555 Such 'men' want free sex from girls they hardly know and will jump through hoops, spend money and act shamelessly to get 'free' sex..lol

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

The Go-Go bars and beer bars (Bar Beer?) will be back in Pattaya once the country is fully re-opened.  They will definitely not be back to the huge numbers like in the early 2000's but they will be back to some degree.  There is too much money to be made by too many people to let it just totally fade away.  Pattaya has always adapted to the changing trends and markets starting with the American GI's in the late 60's up until Covid-19 shut everything down.  

Hopefully you are right. But currently 99% of these businesses are closed. There is no money to open them up again. People opened up after the last lockdown, took risks, lost money...but not again. Covid mitigates against intimacy too.

15 hours ago, connda said:

So yeah - Go-Gos and the like are a thing of the past as well as the foreign tourism population that frequented Go-Gos and the bar-girl scene.

So yeah - Go-Gos and the like are a thing of the past as well as the foreign tourism population that frequented Go-Gos and the bar-girl scene.

What a lot of crock!

Who are you?   NOSTRADAMUS!

The oldest profession in the world will rebound and prosper in Thailand in its many forms (go-go bars, massage, cocktail lounges etc) long after you've kicked the bucket.

Money makes the world go 'round. Whichever Govt. is in power will never admit that a big chunk of its revenue comes from 'sex tourists'.  

The current "flavour of the month" is the aim of attracting wealthy tourists.

If you've been around Thailand long enough you must know that they come out with these "thought bubbles" every few weeks.

Tourism will prosper again in Thailand for all the usual reasons...  shopping, beaches and sex!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kellyk11 said:

It may work better back in the provinces rather than trying this in Pattaya/Bangkok where there are so many other hungry guys.

The really beautiful girls I knew from Pattaya shifted back to the provices.

Yeah I don't live back in the Provinces.

7 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Among themselves the women don't use the term โสเภณี, but instead use  กะหรี่ , which is particularly nasty slang