Non-Immigrant O Extension Process

Forgive me, but I cannot remember the exact process even though I've done it once before!

1).   When submitting my visa extension I recall my wife need to be with me, have I remembered correctly?  

2)   On the date of submission do you automatically get the 30 days under consideration?

3).  When does the interview take place?  I seem to recall about 2 weeks after submission and a witness was required but I can't recall exactly.

I should have written these steps down to go with the required info!  Hindsight such a wonderful thing.

Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

1. When applying for a extension of stay based upon marriage you wife must be with you.

2. When your extension application is accepted you will get a under consideration stamp with a report back date on it 30 days later.

3, There is really no interview you just submit your TM7 form(s) and all the required documents. Your wife will possibley have to answer a few questions to complete the statement you both will sign.

You seem to be asking about a home visit that may need a witness if immigration does one after the first extension of stay is done. Most offices only do one home visit after doing the first application. 

Hi Ubon Joe thanks for your swift response. 

I didn't have a "home visit" at my house last time, perhaps due to Covid-19 restrictions.  However, my wife, witness and I did have an interview at the Immigration offices which I recall was after we submitted the original extension, so perhaps that was a substitute for the "home visit"

15 minutes ago, stament said:

I didn't have a "home visit" at my house last time, perhaps due to Covid-19 restrictions.  However, my wife, witness and I did have an interview at the Immigration offices which I recall was after we submitted the original extension, so perhaps that was a substitute for the "home visit"

I have never heard of anybody having to go back to immigration after submitting their application to do a interview.

Maybe yours was a one time case after they decided not to do home visit.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have never heard of anybody having to go back to immigration after submitting their application to do a interview.

Maybe yours was a one time case after they decided not to do home visit.

I'm thinking perhaps it was a substitute for the home visit which never happened presumably because of covid-19 worries.  I had to go their with my wife and witness who were asked questions whilst I largely sat quietly.

On 10/18/2021 at 8:23 AM, ubonjoe said:

2. When your extension application is accepted you will get a under consideration stamp with a report back date on it 30 days later.

As an aside, my extension is until 22 November 2021. My approval was received on 23 December 2020. I made my new application today, early, and expected to be told to report back on 22 November, but instead they've stated 23 December, my 90 day report date and 60 days or so from my application date. Anyway, I assume I'll get the okay in a month from now and the 90 day report clock will start again from November.

12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

As an aside, my extension is until 22 November 2021. My approval was received on 23 December 2020. I made my new application today, early, and expected to be told to report back on 22 November, but instead they've stated 23 December, my 90 day report date and 60 days or so from my application date. Anyway, I assume I'll get the okay in a month from now and the 90 day report clock will start again from November.

Some offices start the 30 days from the day you current permit to stay ends. All of mine have been done that way.

If living in the North East it will be done that way.

Edit: Doing your extension does not change your 90 day reporting date unless immigration does a new report when doing it.

• Thanks 1