Anutin confirms reopening plan: Tourists must stay one night in place "where they can be contacted"

webfact

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

I'd be wary of anything anyone says. The fact remains, things are moving along as outlined in that article.

Yes, it would be nice if they moved a little faster though (pigs might fly).

Did you notice this on the link you posted?

Then proceed directly by the approved airport transfer to the pre-arranged COVID-19 test centre, or the reserved accommodation and undergo the required RT-PCR COVID-19 test on Day 0-1.

That would suggest to me that there is the possibility of a rapid test result - where you wait at the test centre. That's the first time I've heard anything like that.  Three hour (or less) tests are available in the UK, maybe they are/will also be available in Thailand.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 1:28 AM, JCP108 said:

...especially when the one night turns into two.

Right. I guess a key information to get in forums is how quickly each hotel organised a test after arrival and how quickly results came. For early arrivals, it could mean being able to go out for dinner the same day.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

That would suggest to me that there is the possibility of a rapid test result - where you wait at the test centre. That's the first time I've heard anything like that.  Three hour (or less) tests are available in the UK, maybe they are/will also be available in Thailand.

Sadly not rapid, they're talking about test centres so they don't need to rely on just "hotels" doing them (would open up more accommodation i.e. SHA+ hotels rather than just ASQ).

So, land > bureaucracy > taken to test centre > taken to hotel to await result.

(Just one option, if hotel set up with med staff still straight to hotel.)

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, candide said:

I wonder whether there are "guest-friendly" AQ hotels! ????

Pretty sure I read someone asking if his "girlfriend" could meet him on arrival and stay with him. The answer was in the negative surprisingly 555

• Sad 1