Anutin confirms reopening plan: Tourists must stay one night in place "where they can be contacted"

webfact

3 minutes ago, WingFat said:

The definition of quarantine is very nuanced, especially when used in the Thai elite gov't vernacular. It often depends on the alignment of the stars and planets, the day of the week, whether his wife and mia nois all know each other, etc, etc, etc...

"same same... but different"

14 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Why am I being forced to buy Covid insurance after being vaccinated? The only country in world that can think up such a stupid idea. I have two words for Mr. Health Minister. One starts with the letter F!

Covid-specific insurance is cheap.

Most fully comprehensive insurance policies already include the required coverage so the Covid-specific insurance isn't required.

What sort of insurance do you have?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Covid-specific insurance is cheap.

Most fully comprehensive insurance policies already include the required coverage so the Covid-specific insurance isn't required.

What sort of insurance do you have?

Everything is cheap until you add it all together.

Pre-covid and post-covid travel to Thailand has just got a lot more expensive for many people, as well as a lot more hastle.

That means the people who travelled to Thailand 2 to 3 times a year may well make it an annual single trip.

Not good for reviving a country that depends on tourism for 20% of its GDP.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

So, what are your options?

Either take the risk of being banged up in a hospital for 2 weeks or stay at home...i'll be doing the latter...sadly.

PCR tests aren't 100% foolproof and whilst i don't really want to disrespect the locals i do know that incompetence does seem to rear it's ugly head quite often in the 'land of smiles'.

Being as i only intended going for 3 weeks i'm not going to chance it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ty Hareways said:

Either take the risk of being banged up in a hospital for 2 weeks or stay at home...i'll be doing the latter...sadly.

PCR tests aren't 100% foolproof and whilst i don't really want to disrespect the locals i do know that incompetence does seem to rear it's ugly head quite often in the 'land of smiles'.

Being as i only intended going for 3 weeks i'm not going to chance it.

You, me and millions of others.

Let's see what 2022 brings.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

PCR tests and 1 day quarantine is necessary to ensure tourists do not have covid.  The vaccine does not nullify being able to receive/ spread covid. 

Neither do the PCR test so the same second you have taken the PCR test you may be infected or still be a carrier of the virus ... Its better to tatally shut down or fully open up without conditions as the never ending changes in between create just a mess and make people travel to other destinations ...

BTW, all those day by day changes together with the latest numbers of infected confirms that LOS is not yet ready to fully open so better to wait a little more something that will benefit all in the long run ... 

Edited by ttrd

1 hour ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Everything is cheap until you add it all together.

Pre-covid and post-covid travel to Thailand has just got a lot more expensive for many people, as well as a lot more hastle.

That means the people who travelled to Thailand 2 to 3 times a year may well make it an annual single trip.

Not good for reviving a country that depends on tourism for 20% of its GDP.

I've been through 5 countries and 4 quarantines since June. It's more expensive and a big hassle everywhere.

My buddies stopped coming to Thailand from the US 2 or 3 times a year back in 2018. Economies and budgets were getting tight before Covid crashed the party

It's closer to 13%, maybe 15% tops.

Edited by NanLaew

7 hours ago, Martin Brit said:

Because even if double jabbed you can get covid and spread it. You are just likely not to need intensive care if vaxxed. The reason we need to jab the population, it takes an awful load of pressure off the hospital system in every country. 

The vaccinated are 10 times less likely to spread the virus as the unvaccinated. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The vaccinated are 10 times less likely to spread the virus as the unvaccinated. 

No they are not.

The vaccine prevents the recipient from getting hit by the more severe and life threatening symptoms. It does not make anyone less infectious. Just like the annual flu shot, it never has and never will.

Now go sit in the corner and face the wall.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Insurance is already mandatory for O-A Visas (Retirement) as well as the extension of stays based upon that O-A visa for retirement that folks entered on like I did a few years back.  Most of the insurance policies cover Covid already like my PCH policy does.  So it's not really a change now is it.

I already paid for my renewal last week my broker contacted to advise of the new $100,000 USD requirement for OA visa "beginning Oct 1" So no real change, just another nail in the coffin. A trebling of costs for me. For useless dodgy insurance I do not need as I am already fully insured, other than a paperwork exercise to satisfy Thai Immigration ond the MoFA

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

No they are not.

The vaccine prevents the recipient from getting hit by the more severe and life threatening symptoms. It does not make anyone less infectious. Just like the annual flu shot, it never has and never will.

Um, it does...

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56904993#:~:text=Those given a first dose,than unvaccinated people%2C PHE found.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

...and the whole enchilada hasn't been discussed by the CCSA, ratified by the cabinet and published in the Royal Gazette either.

You know what's nonsensical here? Ranting and railing at each and every imprecise and unofficial statement. Especially anything from Anutin with his 'history'.

On another site it was mentioned that the PM had raised/insisted on arrivals having a Fit to Fly certificate. 

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

No they are not.

Nope. 

Vaccines in general are up to 95% effective in stopping infection. If someone is not infected, they cannot spread the virus. 

Therefore, a vaccinated person is significantly less likely to infect than an unvaccinated person. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, HansumFarang said:

"No alcohol!"

"Must pay for Thai quarantine hotel!"

"Must pay for Thai PCR test!"

"Must pay for Thai insurance!"

"Must fill in Thai paperwork!"

"What you mean, you not come?! Thailand special!!!"

It is crazy.  The reason I first went to Thailand back in 2004 was because it was easy.  Visa exempt on arrival.  Plenty of flight choices from the USA.  Plenty of hotel walk up choices once in Thailand.  My contract assignments often start or end suddenly so there was no way I could plan a trip much in advance or pay for a visa that had some expiration or duration times, etc.  Thailand was aces.  Been 15 times and still chomping a bit more on the bit to get back there and start spending my retirement money.  Needs a little more COVID settling out

55 minutes ago, scorecard said:

On another site it was mentioned that the PM had raised/insisted on arrivals having a Fit to Fly certificate. 

I heard that, but the last briefing I listened to only said the T8 form and T6,  The T8 which is just a questionaire.  I attached what I think it is below.

T8(1).pdf

4 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

I heard that, but the last briefing I listened to only said the T8 form and T6,  The T8 which is just a questionaire.  I attached what I think it is below.

T8(1).pdf 228.72 kB · 0 downloads

I've got T8 all completed, ready to submit with the other docs to apply for the 'Thailand Pass'.

Yes It's self-complete questionnaire, signed by the traveler.

It provides flight details (date/time of arrival, Flight number, seat number), and there's basic questions about heath.

51 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Nope. 

Vaccines in general are up to 95% effective in stopping infection. If someone is not infected, they cannot spread the virus. 

Therefore, a vaccinated person is significantly less likely to infect than an unvaccinated person. 

Think the words "up to" are doing a lot of heavy lifting here.    The numbers of infections in a highly vaccinated country like the UK do not seem to back up this claim. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Tell the kiddo to keep the good news coming - it will drive more tourists away - again. 

Get your act in order, either vaccinated people can enter without any ifs, whens, and whys - or let anybody get driven to an overpriced quarantine hotel by Somchai dressed in transparent garbage bags, mask and face shield to enjoy expensive, crappy cold food out of plastic containers.

Just returned from Bangkok by air to Udon Thani; the arrival "procedure" in Udon was worse than what I went through a yellow fever outbreak some 30 years ago in beautiful Africa. Needless to say that the arrival procedure is different from destination to destination (all domestic); as communicated in Thai only by Thai Smile to all their passengers, also those who most likely cannot read a word of Thai. 

• Like 1

Many people will not be coming to Thailand as the extra costs of a special COVID insurance as well as the other costs of

having to stay in some expensive hotel in Bangkok for at least one night, and if you arrive late, it will likely be 2

nights, before you are free to continue on your way. The fact that Thailand still does not have 80 percent of their population

including children over 12 years old with 2 vaccines, means that the incoming travelers are still facing more risks by going to Thailand,

than the Thai people are facing risks by the tourists. Many other countries are not complicating things for international tourists.

Those countries will have a lot more tourists than Thailand will.  That is okay though as seeing Thailand with so many places boarded 

up, and no entertainment places or bars open will be pretty depressing for any of the first brave tourists who want to jump through

the present conditions they face when arriving in Thailand.     I guess soon,  we will all see just who the first 40 or so countries

who are in Thailand s good books and can come with only the one or two days in Bangkok before they can head to their intended

destinations in Thailand for their vacation.

Geezer

1 hour ago, James105 said:

Think the words "up to" are doing a lot of heavy lifting here.    The numbers of infections in a highly vaccinated country like the UK do not seem to back up this claim. 

You are confused by the fact that the UK tests far more than any other country, so their case numbers are higher.

it is common for Covid Deniers or anti-vaccine types to point to a specific country as “proof” of their contentions, and since most don’t last very long here, by the time country’s situation changes, they are gone, and don’t have to explain why their proof evaporated. Two months ago, the Antivaxxers were using Chile as proof that vaccines don’t work. Now Chile has less than 1,000 new cases a day. Then, it was Israel as proof that vaccines don’t work, but Israel has less than 1,000 cases a day.

In most countries, increasing vaccination decreases new infections.

Edited by Danderman123