Anutin confirms reopening plan: Tourists must stay one night in place "where they can be contacted"

webfact

On 10/19/2021 at 8:39 AM, drenddy said:

I am pretty sure, there was the same requirement to entry Azores(Portugal), last year.

Test on arrival, then wait for the result, I don't remember exactly where, at some airport facility or hotel....But pretty sure was the same procedure.

But it was not the tourist who payed.

The word tourist keeps getting mentioned, what about returning expats and guys with Thai families? Does it also apply to them? Silly question.

On 10/19/2021 at 8:40 AM, JCP108 said:

Complete <deleted>. They ask you, "are you sick?" So, you say, "no." They collect the money and you download a certificate. Sounds like a great method to protect public health. 

Isn't it not all about money and little to do with public health?

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 9:06 AM, poskat said:

I am just imagining the delays that will be experienced by arriving tourists when a few international flights disgorge 500-600 people at relatively the same time.

do they really think that they can handle testing all those people without having people waiting hours to be tested?

and imagine all the mix-ups that will occur with whose samples are whose, plus all the false positives that will  occur...

"plus all the false positives that will  occur..."  A few months ago for the very first time, entering a shop, I put my hand on that thing that gives you your temperature. It registered at 38, I mentioned this to a friend and he said I had better see a doctor as 38 was I may have the Cvirus, I went back to the shop immediately and did it again, this time it registered at 36.

Every time I enter a shop or mall since then I have tested my temperature, and it has always been between 34 and 36

If a doctor seen that 38 I would have been whisked away to some hospital at my expense.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

October 19 and still no clarification of whether "no quarantine" means no quarantine. Every minute that passes, thousands of people are booking holiday flights to destinations other than Thailand. 

And they all those thousands of people....smart. At least for right in this moment. Like it or not, Thailand is the covid epicentre of Asia and poorly vaccinated and only starting to find a pathway out of this mess. Many destinations are ahead of us in this process.

On 10/19/2021 at 9:38 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Many like myself put any hotel they found on The Lonely Planet as the initial address, but looked for a place after they arrived.

How about those that don't want to wait in Bkk first night but catch the train to the south ( or north ). Will "on train somewhere between Bkk and Surathani" suffice?

Surely they can't be serious about wanting tourists if they keep inventing new BS like this?

They are certainly as serious about putting money in their own pockets with no thought at all for the people who depend on tourists for a living.

Are there as many selfish people in the world as there are in this unelected Thai government?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JCP108 said:
8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

No they are not.

The vaccine prevents the recipient from getting hit by the more severe and life threatening symptoms. It does not make anyone less infectious. Just like the annual flu shot, it never has and never will.

Now go sit in the corner and face the wall.

Expand  

Expand  

Um, it does...

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56904993#:~:text=Those given a first dose,than unvaccinated people%2C PHE found.

"A single dose of a coronavirus vaccine can reduce household transmission of the virus by up to half, a [single] study shows. ... Health Secretary Matt Hancock [who?] described the study's results as "terrific news". ... The [single] study, which has yet to be fully peer-reviewed, included more than [just] 57,000 contacts from [only] 24,000 households..."

Cherry-picked from last April when the UK was straw clutching in the grips of slow vaccine roll out and more lock down threats.

Meh...

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

The word tourist keeps getting mentioned, what about returning expats and guys with Thai families? Does it also apply to them? Silly question.

Does the coronavirus identify victims by type of holidaymaker and social or marital status? Silly question.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Just as I predicted last week and my subject was locked...

This is about the tenth post of yours in which I read this gripe. Can you please stop this? You are sounding like a broken record.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, suestra29 said:

As stated above the “ fit to fly” is a complete nonsense as it is doubling up on the Covid test before you fly...

Aren't there other medical conditions that could make a doctor consider a patient to be unfit to fly?

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2021 at 12:23 PM, bdenner said:

This BS is not only applying to Tourists! I have a Thai friend returning from the UK early next month, she is fully vacced and had to jump through all the hoops as well as prepay a 7 day quarantine hotel booking. On hearing of the one day thingy she contacted the hotel for confirmation = they were very vague but stated she would not be getting a full refund on the unused days!

Maybe these Einsteins need to grip on reality rather than their to ols. It's all degenerating into a money making enterprise rather than guarding public safety.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Many have returned from months passed, going through the already considered normal ASQ procedures and assorted BS. 

Didn't have much choice. Just dealt with it in one form or another. 

Yet, if one is "returning" for the first time under the new bogus policy [which is still confusing], then it should be a breeze compared to the rather bureaucratic mess that it was for a year or more. Count your blessings if one is coming in the next month or three.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Salerno said:

Quite a few I think (not masses, but more than you would think).

IMO it's just the usual dodgy translation riling up the populace and what is meant is off to a SHA+ hotel until results are back from test (similar to how the sandbox worked).

Ah. So I can't stay at the Isolation Inn, on Soi Bermuda Triangle, in my special Van de Graff Suite in my room the Vacuum Chamber?

On 10/19/2021 at 8:42 AM, HansumFarang said:

Well done, you've ruined another high season for millions of Thai workers. Looks like Thailand will struggle to get 500,000 tourists this high season.

How many "  high seasons " a year are there in Th???? Reading all this sounds like it's the same as their ' Sales ' period... The whole year around.....

12 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

$50,000 USD in health insurance ? Stick that up your .............

$100,000 was considered too rich before but thousands still managed to get it.

I assume that you would prefer $0 health coverage, take your chances and screw everyone else?

• Like 2