Anutin confirms reopening plan: Tourists must stay one night in place "where they can be contacted"

webfact

As we have all witnessed many times before, any Thai with an official title loves nothing more than hearing their own voice and being photographed, and i think this is one such occasion.

It was stated yesterday that the CCSA would deliver "A clear and actual plan for Thailand’s reopening to welcome fully vaccinated foreigners will be discussed and finalized within 1-2 days, the director of the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration’s (CCSA) operations center stated today, October 18th."

I will wait and see what tomorrows plan is and wether it makes it into the Royal Gazette

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Anti vaxxers should be taken out and shot for speading such false information.  Take a look at the deaths in the UK in January/February this year compared to now.  Infection rates in the UK are fairly high at the moment but they are not translating into deaths. Post facts, not fiction!

image.png.788b879c0458ddda8afab535a520f0a9.png

image.png.4933c3db1c097e54a2034db8c4bf4a9f.png

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

139k for the whole of the UK for 2020 and 2021, trouble is in 2020 the stats showed 120k for just that year in England and Wales only, so add Scotaland and NI and you have your 139k......But that leaves nothing for 2021. Something isn't quite right. 

9 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Having 2 PCR tests within 96 hours is overkill.  If one gets infected during travel to LOS it is unlikely the infection will show up on a PCR test immediately upon arrival.

But it will if the infection occurred before travel but was not enough to test positive on the first test. There's always a gap, but this helps minimize it. Do I like it? Of course not, but I understand it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Paradise Pete said:

But it will if the infection occurred before travel but was not enough to test positive on the first test. There's always a gap, but this helps minimize it. Do I like it? Of course not, but I understand it.

Why then are the countries like the US and such not requiring a PCR test upon arrival if your fully vaccinated and had a negative test prior to flying.  Oh wait the CDC says it is not needed.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/covid-19_testing_required_US_Entry.html

image.png.8e9f0ea8793e86b0d2921f843604c500.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Conclusion Vaccination with either one dose of BNT162b2 or ChAdOx1-S was associated with a significant reduction in symptomatic covid-19 in older adults, and with further protection against severe disease.

Thats why i do trust these kind of reports and not a gouvernment that want to put a needle in avery kids arm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Anti vaxxers should be taken out and shot for speading such false information.  Take a look at the deaths in the UK in January/February this year compared to now.  Infection rates in the UK are fairly high at the moment but they are not translating into deaths. Post facts, not fiction!

image.png.788b879c0458ddda8afab535a520f0a9.png

image.png.4933c3db1c097e54a2034db8c4bf4a9f.png

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

ou dont want to shoot me. ill buy you a beer and stay 1.5 mtr away from you. You see......im a nice guy but maybe with another way of thinking then you.

• Like 1

considerable confusion?  i am applying for a 60 day visa and question number ten on supporting documents wants a selfie pic of myself holding my passport? how does one get help. we are all confused..  can the thais please hire a foreigner to help them so we know how to do this process?  nov is coming and still information that is not confirmed?

• Haha 2

i was in process of coming early nov. but now i will wait.  all they are doing is getting people to not come by all the changes as we wait now to see whats next.  if u want people to come in be consistant.  we dont want to end up in prison for a mistake because we didnt know the new rules this week

3 hours ago, Carrbhoy said:

My experience must be the exception then. I had previously booked the 14 day package prior to it changing to 7 days. My ASQ (SHA+ hotel) in Bangkok pro-actively contacted me to change to the 7 Day Package and organise the refund / international transfer back to my UK bank account. Very impressed and amount refunded was very fair.

The small print does make it clear that there would be a charge of 1000 THB for any refund! Apart from that, all good!

As I would expect.

12 hours ago, fusion58 said:

I thought they did away with this requirement?

Why are they bringing it back now, and where the hell am I supposed to get one?

It's basically the COE, with a one-day reservation in a government sponsored hotel. That was predictable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drenddy said:

Winter is coming.

But no worries, white walkers stay at home, they have been defeated by Prayuth & co

Wait the wall didn't fall, well then thats good to know that the virus will not enter across the invisible lines...

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, HansumFarang said:

"No alcohol!"

"Must pay for Thai quarantine hotel!"

"Must pay for Thai PCR test!"

"Must pay for Thai insurance!"

"Must fill in Thai paperwork!"

"What you mean, you not come?! Thailand special!!!"

Can I buy the $100.000 covid insurance in the UK

before I come back to Thailand or do I have to buy it at the airport from a Thai company

2 minutes ago, Canary boy said:

Can I buy the $100.000 covid insurance in the UK

Yes.

1 minute ago, Canary boy said:

buy it at the airport from a Thai company

Not even possible, you need to upload proof for COE/Thailand Pass.

Edited by Salerno

6 minutes ago, Babyfis said:

Double vaccinated and still need a CPR test and a one night stay (Quarantine) don’t make sense at all !!

Why would tourists from the US or Europe countries want to fly all the way there for holidays, when most European country reopened for fully vaccinated in and out the country for holiday without any CPR test or quarantine.  100% this will put me and rest of other tourists off from going to Thailand for holidays. ????

As of September 2022 as reported yesterday out of Bangkok Type O-A visa those retired will be required to have Covid insurance AFTER being vaccinated. My hunch all visa types will soon be the same. My post last week was locked because I predicted this. It is now soon to be fact.

Edited by Mitkof Island

12 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Doctors will issue one....

Hey, it's only another $150! ????

Indeed, what a ridiculous piece of unnecessary red tape : "fit to sit on a seat for xx hours when flying to Thailand", that's about what it amounts to. I had one issued by a GP early this year (in Europe), the GP hardly looked at me, no examination whatsoever, not even taking my weight and height. It cost me 2 hours going to him and queuing up, plus the EUR charge of course. Totally ridiculous. One wonders what xxxx some of these people have in their heads, really.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

Indeed, what a ridiculous piece of unnecessary red tape : "fit to sit on a seat for xx hours when flying to Thailand", that's about what it amounts to. I had one issued by a GP early this year (in Europe), the GP hardly looked at me, no examination whatsoever, not even taking my weight and height. It cost me 2 hours going to him and queuing up, plus the EUR charge of course. Totally ridiculous. One wonders what xxxx some of these people have in their heads, really.

They will always come up with new ways to take money from Average Joe.....

They don't want him to get ahead. They won't let him get ahead.

Give him a stimulus payment, then take it back ten times over, smiling while they do it.