Anutin confirms reopening plan: Tourists must stay one night in place "where they can be contacted"

webfact

12 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Why the PCRs if double vaxxed....?

Even he does not believe the vaccines are worth a $h1+.

Because even if double jabbed you can get covid and spread it. You are just likely not to need intensive care if vaxxed. The reason we need to jab the population, it takes an awful load of pressure off the hospital system in every country. 

11 minutes ago, Martin Brit said:
13 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Why the PCRs if double vaxxed....?

Even he does not believe the vaccines are worth a $h1+.

Because even if double jabbed you can get covid and spread it. You are just likely not to need intensive care if vaxxed. The reason we need to jab the population, it takes an awful load of pressure off the hospital system in every country. 

I was being sarca-----

Nevermind.

18 minutes ago, Used2LuvThailand said:

Don't worry...the pinheads will change their minds tomorrow, and then the next and the day after that.  By the time you finally understand what they want, they'll close the country down again, which is a certainty.  They're still wearing their face diapers and talking about 'clusters'.  Look at the UK and the US.  They just stopped...both countries still there with 4 and 2 times the per capita rate, respectively, of new COVID infections, but deemed by the Covid hysterics in Thailand as 'safe' countries.  

It's fascinating to watch a bunch of slow kids (who think they're unrecognized geniuses) make up The Science ™ for the intellectually disabled in Thailand.  

18 minutes ago, Used2LuvThailand said:

When you get thrown off the forum, have a read of this.

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1088

It's called science but not the type you and your chums make up in your little chatrooms in your basements.

Polly doesn't need a cracker but you might need a ventilator if you don't get vaccinated.

Before you reply please understand i couldn't care less if you get vaccinated.

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit for FACTS
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike KIWI said:

Please point out which part. I am fairly sure vaxing old and fat people is a good idea. Death rate is less than 1% so vaxing say 5% of the most vulnerable should be enough.

Well I read it as anti vax - if it wasn't, please accept my apologies.

50 minutes ago, HeijoshinCool said:

They will always come up with new ways to take money from Average Joe.....

They don't want him to get ahead. They won't let him get ahead.

Give him a stimulus payment, then take it back ten times over, smiling while they do it.

Nowhere it says anything about FtF.

Questionnaire. 

It reminds me a melt we had when some weasel posted a wrong translation. What was it?

Edited by boogiewoogie

3 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

If you want travel to Spain and you are fully vaccinated, you do not need a test before fly. 

This is the rule for most EU countries. There are also exceptions for certain countries with new virus mutations.

Looks pretty simple.

Maybe to simple.  I wouldn't be surprised if theres another wave with such relaxed entry.

1/Meet one of these three conditions:

• To present a certificate of complete vaccination
  • or, present a negative PCR/TMA of less than 72 hours or Rapid Antigen test of less than 48 hours
  • or present a certificate of recovery

https://www.barcelona.com/barcelona_city_guide/all_about/barcelona_airport_bcn/spain_travel_restrictions

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Or if it is within the hotel you booked for your holiday... still very grey areas considering everything was supposed to be crystal clear.

UK is 50k cases per day, with bout 45 deaths - th UK govt thinks the public will accept his. Te Thai government has to consider the tourist industry of 20% lost to Covid by are conflicted by their overwhelming urge to control.

If Thailand looks bd, people won't come.

• Like 2

I suppose some sort of testing must be done on arrival, as if you leave people up to their own devices, most wouldn’t comply would they ? I’m quite sure not many real 2 week tourists will come anyway. There are no holidays in November, and people who winter holiday usually use their Christmas/ New Year time. Also, the airlines have to get back on schedule , and they’re not going to fly half price with the nightmare 2 years they’ve just gone through!  I think people like myself, longstay. , snowbirds whatever, might want to come. And there’s not millions of those. To be honest, no skin off my nose to spend a night in a hotel and one test . I’d probably sleep through it !  My only concern is being tested positive ,,even though I’m double faxed and a booster, I don’t relish that happening !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When  I arrive at the airport I submit a TM6 which having signed it is a declaration of where I am staying, if in a Hotel they must submit their TM 30 by midday.

Is this guy just so far out of the loop he has no idea of Thai law or just brain dead ?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

Looks pretty simple.

Maybe to simple.  I wouldn't be surprised if theres another wave with such relaxed entry.

1/Meet one of these three conditions:

• To present a certificate of complete vaccination
  • or, present a negative PCR/TMA of less than 72 hours or Rapid Antigen test of less than 48 hours
  • or present a certificate of recovery

https://www.barcelona.com/barcelona_city_guide/all_about/barcelona_airport_bcn/spain_travel_restrictions

That is way too simple for Thailand to follow.

Edited by TooMuchTime
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

You are confusing a required PCR test with a Fit to Fly Certificate signed by a Doctor. Both, separate documents  were required by Thailand until Apr 1 2021 Now only a preflight PCR test is required.

I have seen Fit to Fly documents as a pilot for many years. They are required for very pregnant women (forget how many weeks), very sick or aged looking people who must travel with an assistant, recent surgery or accident victims with casts, pins sticking out of their bones braces etc to prove they can sit upright for takeoff for takeoff and landing, and what class of service. Nothing to do with a virus and it was a big waste of money, cash cow for others for about a year. 

If they want a Doctor to sign, or a separate validation of test result result they just should mandate it. Basically what Japan does now.

MEDIF.pdf 204.26 kB · 5 downloads

Below is a quote from a Uk testing company:-

"Our Clinic in ....................... offers Test to Release & PCR tests with a ‘Fit to Fly’ Certificate for international travel and work, with rapid and accurate results."

The  "Fit To Fly Certificate"  comes with the PCR result. Hopefully this is what was meant by Anutin's comment. The document referenced by Captain Monday above is intended for the seriously ill or disabled and, as he says, appears quite inappropriate for a virus.

• Like 1

"tourists arriving in Thailand will have to stay one night in a place where they can be contacted"

How many people travel anywhere without first having arranged somewhere to stay prior to arriving at their destination?

Most people will have a mobile phone where they can be contacted.

Someone really put some thought into that requirement!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TechnikaIII said:

Stay one night where we can be contacted?

Is he aware of the existence of mobile phones? ????

They are obviously just making this **** up from day to day.

It's long since past being funny.

It's pathetic.

Don't panic, they have promised to announce the details of the proposed 'No Quarantine' scheme within 2 days which going by the usual Thai maths will mean sometime next week. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.......................hope mind.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dont confuse me said:

How many people travel anywhere without first having arranged somewhere to stay prior to arriving at their destination?

Quite a few I think (not masses, but more than you would think).

3 minutes ago, Dont confuse me said:

IMO it's just the usual dodgy translation riling up the populace and what is meant is off to a SHA+ hotel until results are back from test (similar to how the sandbox worked).

5 minutes ago, Dont confuse me said:

"tourists arriving in Thailand will have to stay one night in a place where they can be contacted"

There's also the point that plenty of travelers arrive at Suvarnabhumi and plan to take a further domestic flight to their final destination.

So under anutin's plan they have to go 'somewhere' (no details given) to take a swab test, then go to 'somewhere' to stay 1 night until they get their negative test report. The time they get their negative report could be within say a few hours or perhaps up to say 12 hours.

So they can't yet make a booking for their final domestic flight. 

And perhaps they arrive at Suvarnabhumi with no local SIM card for their mobile phone?

And the 'somewhere they go to for the 1 night' will need to give them internet access id they are relying on e.mail to get their swab report. 

Needs a major rethink. 

Visitors have to stay "where they can be contacted".

Should mean "at their home/condo/hotel".

But I guess Anutin did not yet hear that nowadays people have  smartphones and mandatory tracking apps on them.

Edited by JustAnotherHun

The definition of quarantine is very nuanced, especially when used in the Thai elite gov't vernacular. It often depends on the alignment of the stars and planets, the day of the week, whether his wife and mia nois all know each other, etc, etc, etc...

1 hour ago, Dont confuse me said:

yes the one night stay is ridiculous.  A remnant of somebody trying to maintain control or monitoring.