Anutin confirms reopening plan: Tourists must stay one night in place "where they can be contacted"

webfact

48 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

..and still posting about never, ever coming back.

Maybe he's trying to warn others not to burn their bridges?

Spend 6 months at home and then 6 months in Thailand.

If this pandemic has proven anything, it's that the utopia you dream of can turn into a nightmare.

• Like 2

On 10/20/2021 at 2:06 AM, scorecard said:

There's also the point that plenty of travelers arrive at Suvarnabhumi and plan to take a further domestic flight to their final destination.

So under anutin's plan they have to go 'somewhere' (no details given) to take a swab test, then go to 'somewhere' to stay 1 night until they get their negative test report. The time they get their negative report could be within say a few hours or perhaps up to say 12 hours.

So they can't yet make a booking for their final domestic flight. 

And perhaps they arrive at Suvarnabhumi with no local SIM card for their mobile phone?

And the 'somewhere they go to for the 1 night' will need to give them internet access id they are relying on e.mail to get their swab report. 

Needs a major rethink. 

"Rethink" implies that there was thought in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

And how might you suggest that the good Thai rid themselves of the fetid corruption that has ruled over them for some time? 

Not wanting to incite anything but only something on the scale of what the French did some 250 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

Not wanting to incite anything but only something on the scale of what the French did some 250 years ago.

Requires a broad bonded collective, less a handful [every couple of years] of resisters on the streets.

• Thanks 1

I have 2 Phizer Vaccination shots.

Cost me $200 for a PCR Test to fly for work..... was "Positive "

Had to contact my employer and tell them.  Ticket would be delayed until I tested Negative. 

Within the next 2 weeks, I PCR tested 7 times at 2 other places, was no cost, but could not get results back for 3 days ( ot possible to use for travelling)... 

ALL Tests came back as Negative. 

Let my Employer know  and they booked tickets.

Had to pay a other $200 for a other PCR Test  so u could fly.

I made sure to tell them that I had the 7 Negative results....  guess what, ....  test came back Negative.

On 10/20/2021 at 1:56 AM, KhaoYai said:

Don't panic, they have promised to announce the details of the proposed 'No Quarantine' scheme within 2 days which going by the usual Thai maths will mean sometime next week. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.......................hope mind.

Not panicing.

Waiting for a change of government. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Most already on the 1 day stay list are around 5,000 to 6,900Baht for the package.

On the basis that a test usually costs around US$100 that's not bad value plus it includes transport from the airport.

Hopefully a lot of the near airport hotels take it up as well making it just that more convenient.

On 10/19/2021 at 8:20 AM, TooMuchTime said:

PCR tests and 1 day quarantine is necessary to ensure tourists do not have covid.  The vaccine does not nullify being able to receive/ spread covid. 

Quiet so.

just conform to whats deing asked .Simple.

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

Seems to now be pretty clear the swab test will be taken on arrival at the booked 1 day hotel. 

The 1 day 'package' will include (after 25 minutes to complete arrival processes at the airport):

- Transport to the booked 1 day hotel

- Swab test on arrival at hotel

- Hotel accommodation.

- Receive test report while at the hotel.

- Then traveler can move on.

There's already hotels which were part of the approved 7 / 14 days quarantine packages now on the 1 day approved hotels list.

Most already on the 1 day stay list are around 5,000 to 6,900Baht for the package.

Seems that the total list of hotels is still in development. 

A few more hotels have been added to the list. One hotel 2,900Baht for the package.

There was previous mention of between 120 to 140 1 day approved hotels.

More to come...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, scorecard said:

Thanathorn won a lot of votes, got too close for comfort and was dealt with by the 'justice' mechanisms. His party is rebuilding, they'll probably get dealt with also.

They've been following the 'Putin Model'.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, alyx said:

An 8 to 14000 per couple for a night is simply outrageous. I have just booked the Bauer in Venice for a few nights and it is even cheaper than any scheme in Bangkok. Doing everything to get the extra penny ( hundred pound in that case ) 

Yep. These crooks have done and continue to do everything humanly possible to turn a global pandemic into a cash cow for their cronies and themselves. Money first - public health concerns a distant second.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

Yep. These crooks have done and continue to do everything humanly possible to turn a global pandemic into a cash cow for their cronies and themselves. Money first - public health concerns a distant second.

Distant second …as in all other concerns are in the between,  I guess ???? 

5 hours ago, alyx said:

An 8 to 14000 per couple for a night is simply outrageous. I have just booked the Bauer in Venice for a few nights and it is even cheaper than any scheme in Bangkok. Doing everything to get the extra penny ( hundred pound in that case ) 

Point taken, since that post more hotels have now appeared on the 1 day hotel list, many with package rates down around 3,900, one at 2,900Baht (but still an unpleasant imposition on travelers).

I'm guessing many hotels will want to be on this list; their strategy might well be that this situation will attract big tourist numbers who all need a 1 night hotel booking. Every 1 booking counts in terms of their revenues.

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Point taken, since that post more hotels have now appeared on the 1 day hotel list, many with package rates down around 3,900, one at 2,900Baht (but still an unpleasant imposition on travelers).

I'm guessing many hotels will want to be on this list; their strategy might well be that this situation will attract big tourist numbers who all need a 1 night hotel booking. Every 1 booking counts in terms of their revenues.

...especially when the one night turns into two.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Agreed . Travellers shouldn’t have to pay more than the normal price. I ( kind of) understand that the government wants another PCR at our expense but then it should be made affordable and the hotel should clearly state what, and inch proportion, is being charged. When I pay 14 K + for a room for 2, I do expect a butler ( as far as prices go in Thailand) and the club lounge is included. What is see on some supposedly top end hotels…breakfast is included and a 20% discount on food ( which seasoned travellers already get with their cards ) . I still have to grasp the concept on this one day quarantine but is does seem that we are to be confined until the result reaches the “guest” , hence no option regarding the food.  Also, when two persons are travelling together and they are both vaccinated, they are to occupy the same room, so why do they have to be charged twice the rate of one person? I definitely do not have urchins in my pockets but I like to get what I pay for whether it is high priced or not. If not happy with the situation stay home, some might say, but I can’t postpone this trip.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

Bangkok is in that list. But does not have a blue, highlighted sandbox link. Are there other alternatives within each of the Blue Zone provinces?

Thanks

Anutin, TAT and others have commented or confirmed the re-opening plan but they are not Prayuth and he's shot other announcements down in flames before.  The last I saw was that Prayuth would be considering the details last Friday - unless I've missed something, still no confirmation or details issued.

Yes there's been a chart circulating (purportedly issued by the MFA) that shows the three different entry methods but still nothing by way of official confirmation, precise details or any set application methods. 

I've seen one website that states the new rules have been published in The Royal Gazette but my wife says there's nothing there and the Royal Thai Embassy in London's website still has no mention on 'Exemption from Quarantine'.

If anyone out there has a 'hotline' to Chan-o-Cha could they please remind him that 1 November is next Monday!

7 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Anutin, TAT and others have commented or confirmed the re-opening plan but they are not Prayuth and he's shot other announcements down in flames before.  The last I saw was that Prayuth would be considering the details last Friday - unless I've missed something, still no confirmation or details issued.

"Thai Prime Minister, General Prayut Chan-o-cha, signed the entry guidelines for the quarantine-free reopening, published in the Royal Thai Government Gazette last night (21 October 2021) along with two other announcements on relaxed COVID-19 controls in 17 Thai destinations."

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

17 hours ago, Salerno said:

"Thai Prime Minister, General Prayut Chan-o-cha, signed the entry guidelines for the quarantine-free reopening, published in the Royal Thai Government Gazette last night (21 October 2021) along with two other announcements on relaxed COVID-19 controls in 17 Thai destinations."

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

Has it been seen in the Royal Gazette yet?  My Mrs says she can't find anything + I'd be very wary of anything the TAT states - Prayuth's shot them down in flames several times in the last few months.

The detail is also still missing - insurance, official hotel list etc.

Edited by KhaoYai

3 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I'd be very wary of anything the TAT states - Prayuth's shot them down in flames several times in the last few months.

I'd be wary of anything anyone says. The fact remains, things are moving along as outlined in that article.