Anutin confirms reopening plan: Tourists must stay one night in place "where they can be contacted"

webfact

2 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

I can imagine some Covid insurance policies not covering you if you simply test positive but are asymptomatic. Could end up being a big out-of-pocket expense. 

One must scrutinize the policy very carefully.

Edited by HappyExpat57
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bdenner said:

This BS is not only applying to Tourists! I have a Thai friend returning from the UK early next month, she is fully vacced and had to jump through all the hoops as well as prepay a 7 day quarantine hotel booking. On hearing of the one day thingy she contacted the hotel for confirmation = they were very vague but stated she would not be getting a full refund on the unused days!

She will be issued with credit. Same thing happened when it was cut from 14 to 7 

Travellers were able to use 7 days credit for food and drinks. 

Hotels and airliners are quick to take cash but...... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

So what is new for 23 years I have been putting my contact info on my arrival card?

Since whenever I had to give it again as a TM-30. Fit-to-Fly must be a gaffe. No other country used that nonsense as far as I know.

Canada

I'm flying tomorrow, have to document my vaccinations and show PCR test less than 72 hours old on the ArrivCan app.

If I don't it's a 14 day quarantine. Still subject to random testing in Vancouver on arrival and I have to test my 10 year old unvaccinated son after 8 days in Canada.

PCR tests in Udon Thani 4500 baht each for my son and me. The problem is time. Got tested Monday at 8:00am, spent about 1 and half hours watching them fill in paperwork until we got swabbed. Results available Tuesday morning so that's 24 hours gone.

Fly to Bangkok tonight, only two flights available. Fly out Bangkok 7:00am, now I've used up 48 hours of my 72. 

28 hours transit time from Bangkok to Vancouver, so in real time I'm over my 72 hour limit. 

The only saving grace against the clock is the international date line clicking back a day.

Hopefully it's the last time I step foot into an airport and a airplane in my lifetime.

Edited by kwonitoy
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, kwonitoy said:

Canada

I'm flying tomorrow, have to document my vaccinations and show PCR test less than 72 hours old on the ArrivCan app.

If I don't it's a 14 day quarantine. Still subject to random testing in Vancouver on arrival and I have to test my 10 year old unvaccinated son after 8 days in Canada.

PCR tests in Udon Thani 4500 baht each for my son and me. The problem is time. Got tested Monday at 8:00am, spent about 1 and half hours watching them fill in paperwork until we got swabbed. Results available Tuesday morning so that's 12 hours gone. Fly to Bangkok tonight, only two flights available. Fly out Bangkok 7:00am, now I've used up 24 hours of my 72. 

28 hours transit time from Bangkok to Vancouver, the only saving grace against the clock is the international date line clicking back a day.

Hopefully it's the last time I step foot into an airport and a airplane in my lifetime.

You are confusing a required PCR test with a Fit to Fly Certificate signed by a Doctor. Both, separate documents  were required by Thailand until Apr 1 2021 Now only a preflight PCR test is required.

I have seen Fit to Fly documents as a pilot for many years. They are required for very pregnant women (forget how many weeks), very sick or aged looking people who must travel with an assistant, recent surgery or accident victims with casts, pins sticking out of their bones braces etc to prove they can sit upright for takeoff for takeoff and landing, and what class of service. Nothing to do with a virus and it was a big waste of money, cash cow for others for about a year. 

If they want a Doctor to sign, or a separate validation of test result result they just should mandate it. Basically what Japan does now.

MEDIF.pdf

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Captain Monday said:

You are confusing a required PCR test with a Fit to Fly Certificate signed by a Doctor.

Both, separate documents  were required by Thailand until Apr 1 2021 Now only a preflight PCR test is required.

I just picked mine up at the hospital and I got both the PCR and the Fit to Fly cert, it's a package deal I think

43 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Having 2 PCR tests within 96 hours is overkill.  If one gets infected during travel to LOS it is unlikely the infection will show up on a PCR test immediately upon arrival.  If the Thai Government really wants to ensure arrivals are Covid free then the ideal time to conduct a PCR test is probably between day 3 to day 7.  In essence a 5 to 7 day quarantine would be what this government would really need to implement.  If things go 'south" after November 1 I see the probability of a 5 to 7 day quarantine being implemented.  

Quarantine, when covid already is in high numbers?

Where is the science in that?

34 minutes ago, stigar said:

In norway too.U get a PCR test at ur locak hospital and he will issue fit to fly if ur negative.PCR for free.

Free? Same in Denmark, on loan, of course, the madness of testing 250 k every day in Denmark will cost future generations...But at least you have oil.

1. As usual: a seemingly promising and positive announcement (albeit with insufficient detail) near the end of a month ... just to encourage destroyed businesses to pay another month's useless rent.

2. They delight in minute details for airport arrivals - and good luck to them - but I suspect a greater danger to the Thai public lies in illegal, on-foot arrivals from adjacent countries, which I presume still takes place ... constantly adding new infections, if not new varients, to the only vaxed to 30-40% (?) local population.

• Like 1

No matter all comments above on 2 pages , or what we hope ...., those measures shall stick to us for a long time.

As already in U.K. there is an expansional drastic rise in contagion , and E.U. shall probably  follow ...if not already started slow!

So we shall have to take it as it comes....and live with it  

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, law ling said:

1. As usual: a seemingly promising and positive announcement (albeit with insufficient detail) near the end of a month ... just to encourage destroyed businesses to pay another month's useless rent.

2. They delight in minute details for airport arrivals - and good luck to them - but I suspect a greater danger to the Thai public lies in illegal, on-foot arrivals from adjacent countries, which I presume still takes place ... constantly adding new infections, if not new varients, to the only vaxed to 30-40% (?) local population.

I actually know of one kebab restaurant that just opened this year. 

I personally haven't seen a single customer buying or dining in the shop. 

Lately I see the restaurants' lights off in normal business hours. 

Maybe they really thought they could make it. 

Believing in all the promising forecast. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

What are the profit margins on antigen vs PCR?  With PCR Thailand govt gets a guaranteed ASQ Hotel Stay.  Their way seems more profitable.

The info just released seems to indicate arrivals can stay anywhere for the one night as long as the arrivals provide a means of contacting them.  

• Like 2