Anutin confirms reopening plan: Tourists must stay one night in place "where they can be contacted"

webfact

10 minutes ago, poohy said:

Well sorry  IMHO (apologies if you dont agree)

If you are NOT vaccinated you are one of the people who SHOULD NOT be flying or entering the country!

A vaccine only protects the person taking it. As I am not in a high risk group its better my vax goes to someone it can actually do some good for. (if they actually work). A vaxed person still spreads and can still die of the virus so what difference would it make to anyone else? People need to look at what is happening in Israel. They have the highest vax rates in the world. COVID still spreading and lockdowns still being used.

Edited by Mike KIWI
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

28 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Are there no policies that cover asymptomatic quarantine?

There are enough, just have to do your due diligence before signing up to a policy. You can even get a "free" policy by flying Emirates: https://www.emirates.com/au/english/before-you-fly/multi-risk-travel-insurance/

As to testing positive in Thailand, from their FAQ:

28. Am I covered for the costs of quarantine?

Subject to the terms and conditions of the policy, you are covered if you are unexpectedly placed into an individual mandatory quarantine outside your country of residence by an order of a governmental body for one of the following two reasons:

1. you test positive for a communicable disease the outbreak of which is declared an epidemic or pandemic; or
  2. such governmental body identifies you or any travelling companion, specifically, as having been exposed to a communicable disease the outbreak of which is declared an epidemic or pandemic
Edited by Salerno
Added link
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, gt162 said:

Eliminate the 1 night quarantine at ASQ hotel and replace it with rapid PCR test at the airport. If done right this can be done in 15-30 minutes.

This is doable and acceptable for both Thai government and foreigners/travelers/tourists. It should help with tourism.

This is NOT doable in Thailand.  Think about it !

Ive booked to go to the Canary islands, for 4 weeks, January/February.

I arrive back into U.K. February 12.............IF Thailand is "properly" open by then (I mean properly open, with NO restrictions etc. ) I will go back to Thailand the week beginning February 14.

NO  WAY IN HELL! would I book any sort of plane ticket etc, to Thailand until everything is sorted out to being "properly open".

SO in reality...............it looks like, when I get back from The Canary Islands on Feb. 12 2022..........I will be looking to book another trip to Canary Islands/Spain etc !

Maybe this time next year, Thailand may be properly open....maybe not. The only trouble is. by this time next year, there will be not much "tourist wise"! left standing/open by then!!

People (tourists/holiday makers etc) just will not put up with the never ending nonsense and mumbo jumbo. coming from the mouths of Thai authorities ,      The amount of hoop jumping etc. just to step foot into "Amazing Thailand", is getting more and more ridiculous with each passing day.

R.I.P.     To the tourism industry of Thailand,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Why the PCRs if double vaxxed....?

In case there is a breakout case of the vaccinated tourist.

Compared with the other 14 day overpriced ASQ setup before this should be much easier and cheaper.

For someone wanting to come it'll be a little easier than before.

Hopefully there's not another wave, down South its looking pretty bad.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mike KIWI said:

and to see how many governments will be willing to wear the ongoing costs.

agree , even at manufacturing cost the cost to the health systems of every country each year will be billions. It has to end at some point and become just a yearly jab for the old and infirm.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

PCR tests and 1 day quarantine is necessary to ensure tourists do not have covid.  The vaccine does not nullify being able to receive/ spread covid. 

The vaccine does not nullify being able to receive/ spread covid. 

Mandate vaccinations that neither give 100 % protection or stop you spreading it is indeed strange.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

Canada

I'm flying tomorrow, have to document my vaccinations and show PCR test less than 72 hours old on the ArrivCan app.

If I don't it's a 14 day quarantine. Still subject to random testing in Vancouver on arrival and I have to test my 10 year old unvaccinated son after 8 days in Canada.

PCR tests in Udon Thani 4500 baht each for my son and me. The problem is time. Got tested Monday at 8:00am, spent about 1 and half hours watching them fill in paperwork until we got swabbed. Results available Tuesday morning so that's 24 hours gone.

Fly to Bangkok tonight, only two flights available. Fly out Bangkok 7:00am, now I've used up 48 hours of my 72. 

28 hours transit time from Bangkok to Vancouver, so in real time I'm over my 72 hour limit. 

The only saving grace against the clock is the international date line clicking back a day.

Hopefully it's the last time I step foot into an airport and a airplane in my lifetime.

The 72 hours applies to the time between the swab and the posted flight departure time. Has nothing to do with arrival time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mike KIWI said:

Yea, similar to the flu jab before winter for those that need it. People are being oversold on how effective vaccines are.  In New Zealand the govt is saying vaccines are going to end the ongoing lockdowns. A lot of kiwis are in for a nasty surprise.

Anti vaxxers should be taken out and shot for speading such false information.  Take a look at the deaths in the UK in January/February this year compared to now.  Infection rates in the UK are fairly high at the moment but they are not translating into deaths. Post facts, not fiction!

image.png.788b879c0458ddda8afab535a520f0a9.png

image.png.4933c3db1c097e54a2034db8c4bf4a9f.png

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Well done.

Unfortunately, this forum has a number of posters who have a very fleeting relationship with the scientific truth.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vaccines-highly-effective-against-hospitalisation-from-delta-variant

How about this one: https://www.irishamerica.com/2021/10/waterford-has-irelands-second-highest-covid-19-incidence-rate-despite-fact-99-7-of-residents-are-fully-vaccinated/

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Anti vaxxers should be taken out and shot for speading such false information.  Take a look at the deaths in the UK in January/February this year compared to now.  Infection rates in the UK are fairly high at the moment but they are not translating into deaths. Post facts, not fiction!

image.png.788b879c0458ddda8afab535a520f0a9.png

image.png.4933c3db1c097e54a2034db8c4bf4a9f.png

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Who is anti vax?  (pretty sure you are not allowed to talk about shooting people on here)

Edited by Mike KIWI
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RafPinto said:

And imagine you travel, doubled vaccinated plus your negative test before flying to Thailand and arriving here, they give you a positive test result.

Nightmare:

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-lab-suspended-after-false-negative-covid-tests-2021-10-15/

Or you have a negative result but someone else on your flight is positive, then what happens? 

3 hours ago, Salerno said:

I would forget about it until the official requirements are announced (it was recently dropped, can't see them bringing it back).

You forget....... TIT ????

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, mjakob007 said:

PCR test at the airport is the way to go, as results could be produced in less than an hour.

Its happening in some countries for the past 3 months.

and, there should be clarity on what happens if one is tested positive!

Give it a couple of days and that will be available at the "swab hubs". Just make sure your brown envelope is fat enough to be worth it but not so fat that anyone sees you passing it to the med tech.

• Like 1