Anutin confirms reopening plan: Tourists must stay one night in place "where they can be contacted"

webfact

5 hours ago, fusion58 said:

I thought they did away with this requirement?

Why are they bringing it back now, and where the hell am I supposed to get one?

the hospital lady here , still remember me 1 year after,  with this trouble about fit to fly,when GF fly to thai with embassy flight.

HERE NO ISSUE OF fit to fly !!!

last year  3 day before flight back, the embassy said dont need fit to fly bcs country here not issue

3 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

Canada

I'm flying tomorrow, have to document my vaccinations and show PCR test less than 72 hours old on the ArrivCan app.

If I don't it's a 14 day quarantine. Still subject to random testing in Vancouver on arrival and I have to test my 10 year old unvaccinated son after 8 days in Canada.

PCR tests in Udon Thani 4500 baht each for my son and me. The problem is time. Got tested Monday at 8:00am, spent about 1 and half hours watching them fill in paperwork until we got swabbed. Results available Tuesday morning so that's 24 hours gone.

Fly to Bangkok tonight, only two flights available. Fly out Bangkok 7:00am, now I've used up 48 hours of my 72. 

28 hours transit time from Bangkok to Vancouver, so in real time I'm over my 72 hour limit. 

The only saving grace against the clock is the international date line clicking back a day.

Hopefully it's the last time I step foot into an airport and a airplane in my lifetime.

in bangkok it's 2300b and same day results (do before 10am, have 8-10pm).

Hotels from 500b on agoda

• Like 1

Long winter ahead, but few would be tempted maybe a few expats before ext runs out but new tourists no way.

After a longhaul flight a large padded nausal swab is not on my list.

I hope it another Punket and Samui failure some arrivees up and left less than half the expected = failure,

they have lost another high season and shouldnt open till they vac.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jimn said:

Dont worry if it comes back, which I dont think it will. Dr Donna in Bangkok (Thai approved) will issue one by email. 

FB_IMG_1634626878823.jpg

FB_IMG_1634626887525.jpg

Used Dr. Donna for RT-PCR test (same day results) and FTF certificate before departing Thailand - but can she issue FTF certificates for inbound travelers to Thailand?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Nope. I was being sarcastic......

But thanks for the insight.

Didn't read very clearly but to worry. And yes, a lot of people do need to be told that Las I understand it) vaccination is far more about saving lives than stopping the spread, although they do have some efficacy on that score. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jimn said:

Dont worry if it comes back, which I dont think it will. Dr Donna in Bangkok (Thai approved) will issue one by email. 

FB_IMG_1634626878823.jpg

FB_IMG_1634626887525.jpg

that's on departure. And is already included in PCR test for 2300b (that is now stheir special offer).

Thailandpass won't accept it, should be a local doctor

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, fusion58 said:

Used Dr. Donna for RT-PCR test (same day results) and FTF certificate before departing Thailand - but can she issue FTF certificates for inbound travelers to Thailand?

Yes she has done 100's. She is well known on the Facebook help groups for this service.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, internationalism said:

that's on departure. And is already included in PCR test for 2300b (that is now stheir special offer).

Thailandpass won't accept it, should be a local doctor

No its not she has provided this service to people overseas for months now. She is well known for doing this on the Facebook help groups. Personal friend of mine on Facebook.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lolalol said:

I actually know of one kebab restaurant that just opened this year. 

I personally haven't seen a single customer buying or dining in the shop. 

Lately I see the restaurants' lights off in normal business hours. 

Maybe they really thought they could make it. 

Believing in all the promising forecast. 

sometimes it's just about money laundering.

Empty restaurant can claim they make 20k per day, pay tax and use money to buy houses, lands. 

same with expensive spas, beauty shops, hotels or any services.

And mafia can have another meeting point on their patch 

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, bdenner said:

This BS is not only applying to Tourists! I have a Thai friend returning from the UK early next month, she is fully vacced and had to jump through all the hoops as well as prepay a 7 day quarantine hotel booking. On hearing of the one day thingy she contacted the hotel for confirmation = they were very vague but stated she would not be getting a full refund on the unused days!

How on earth can the hotel confirm something that hasn't been approved. Some are so impatient they take media articles as legislation.

The point about refunds is spot on. I had to book and pay for 15 days which was then reduced to 7, got about half the refund I should have been due.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I guess you like many people also fail to see the chances of you getting covid between getting a negative PCR test whilst fully vaccinated and then flying on a fully tested vaccinated plane load are actually ridiculously slim !

PCR test - or any test - the other end is total nonsense 

"I guess you.... "

https://umcmri.com/what-countries-need-covid-pcr-testing-to-enter-their-country/