Anutin confirms reopening plan: Tourists must stay one night in place "where they can be contacted"

webfact

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Tired with the nonsense Hello Portugal and Spain..????????

Your still going to need to be vaccinated and be tested before you fly to enter those countries.

I'd take Thailand over Spain or Portugal.

That said there fine countries. Definitely have better steaks!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike KIWI said:

A vaccine only protects the person taking it. As I am not in a high risk group its better my vax goes to someone it can actually do some good for. (if they actually work). A vaxed person still spreads and can still die of the virus so what difference would it make to anyone else? People need to look at what is happening in Israel. They have the highest vax rates in the world. COVID still spreading and lockdowns still being used.

Yes, let's look at Israel, Infections are FALLING and they are NOT locking down.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/with-boosters-masks-green-pass-israel-sees-covid-19-wave-retreat-2021-10-15/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gt162 said:

Eliminate the 1 night quarantine at ASQ hotel and replace it with rapid PCR test at the airport. If done right this can be done in 15-30 minutes.

This is doable and acceptable for both Thai government and foreigners/travelers/tourists. It should help with tourism.

Its doable but it will require the invention of the rapid PCR test. The 15 minute tests are lateral flow tests. There is no 'rapid' PCR test as they need to be analysed in a lab.

1 minute ago, mrfill said:

Its doable but it will require the invention of the rapid PCR test. The 15 minute tests are lateral flow tests. There is no 'rapid' PCR test as they need to be analysed in a lab.

hopefully the government has made the necessary capital investment and set up enough labs with the capacity to process the anticipated huge number of arrival tests, plus an efficient infrastructure to transport the samples to the labs and be able to effectively communicate the results - within 24 hours.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Boedog said:

The only thing the vaccine APPARENTLY does is reduce the severity of once you get it apparently THATS IT what a load of dribble and Governments around the world are forcing people to get the jab or lose the job, cannot travel, eat at restaurants keep getting tested lockdowns restrictions booster shots beyond ridiculous

I cannot believe we're still having this discussion. It reduces your transmission rate. THAT'S IT.

This search comes up with DOZENS of different sites showing evidence supporting my statement, not ONE refuting it:

"does the covid vaccine reduce your transmission rate?"

Use any search engine, they all produce the same results.

I doubt you can produce ONE valid source saying vaccines don't reduce transmission rate. How can people not get that?

Edited by HappyExpat57
punctutation
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Yes, let's look at Israel, Infections are FALLING and they are NOT locking down.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/with-boosters-masks-green-pass-israel-sees-covid-19-wave-retreat-2021-10-15/

Looks like the virus has finally gone through. Of course there is no way to tell how many lives were saved by the vaccine. Can probably get a bit of an idea by comparing total deaths from year to year.

Edited by Mike KIWI
spelling

6 minutes ago, mrfill said:

There is no 'rapid' PCR test as they need to be analysed in a lab.

Not as fast as Lateral Flow but PCR tests are now available at many airports and are analysed on site - some give results in under 3 hours.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I cannot believe we're still having this discussion. It reduces your transmission rate. THAT'S IT.

This search comes up with DOZENS of different sites showing evidence supporting my statement, not ONE refuting it:

"does the covid vaccine reduce your transmission rate?"

Use any search engine, they all produce the same results.

I doubt you can produce ONE valid source saying vaccines don't reduce transmission rate. How can people not get that?

Life wont go back till normal till everyone is exposed. this virus is not going away.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, fusion58 said:

75 bucks a whack for those in the U.S.

Just go to the Thai embassy and down load the form. Bring it to your doctor , HMO or whom ever and have them sign it. That's what I did. For me no cost...Medicare pd.

1 hour ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Thanks for this.

Are there no policies that cover asymptomatic quarantine?

Yes. AXA specifically does. https://www.axa.co.th/en/axa-sawasdee-thailand-travel-insurance & https://www.axa.co.th/en/faq-sawasdee-thailand-inbound

You can only buy this inbound and will only be extended to maximum of 180 days unless you buy it for longer initially. Once you are in Thailand you cannot extend it. They also pay direct and you don't have to worry about making the claim afterwards.

There are a few first hand accounts of AXA being very good in that nightmare scenario.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Complete <deleted>. They ask you, "are you sick?" So, you say, "no." They collect the money and you download a certificate. Sounds like a great method to protect public health. 

Just as good of method as the face diapers your required to wear while in public and the vaccine the government’s don’t trust hence the reason for so many rt-pcr tests 

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

The problem is NOT infections as much as deaths. And the the issue is the deaths published are not very clear.

The economist seems to be saying that - thanks to vaccines - the excess deaths for the uk is running at about 1500 extra per month for the last 8 months. But we are saying the uk has about 4.500+ covid deaths a month now and endless infections

If the Uk started publishing that there were just about 10-50 extra deaths a day (same Thai road deaths) above the norm then maybe people would stop being so worried and get on with life. They seem to be constantly trying to make us fear.

The Guardian back in March ran a story that 20% of people in hospital caught covid - from the hospital. Considering when you are seriously ill and near death you go to hospital , it's not surprising death rates showing covid on the certificate are high among the old and infirm - especially when average death age with covid is beyond normal life expectancy  !

Also UK is testing far more than any developed nation - UK tests now over 5 per person ! 

All that matters is the pressure on the health care system in any country.

If those health care systems cannot cope then restrictions will be reintroduced.

It's that simple whether we like it or not.

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So can I head to my own home here in BKK after being swabbed, I am technically readily accessible where I can be contacted.  I also live less than 1km away from 3 hospitals here in Sathorn.

Is this actually possible if you have a home to go to?  Or speculation?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bdenner said:

This BS is not only applying to Tourists! I have a Thai friend returning from the UK early next month, she is fully vacced and had to jump through all the hoops as well as prepay a 7 day quarantine hotel booking. On hearing of the one day thingy she contacted the hotel for confirmation = they were very vague but stated she would not be getting a full refund on the unused days!

They would rob their own mothers,,,,

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

So what is new for 23 years I have been putting my contact info on my arrival card?

Since whenever I had to give it again as a TM-30. Fit-to-Fly must be a gaffe. No other country used that nonsense as far as I know.

Nooooo, Anutin never makes gaffes.

• Haha 1