Where to sell Gold coins like Krugerands?

Anybody know where I can sell some Gold coins in Thailand...?

Preferably in Khon Kaen or Maha Sarakham areas

Most gold shops don't want to know unless it's Thai gold or they are offering ridiculous 25% below current rates.

But I've also heard of farangs getting spot rates at certain gold shops. I'm simply asking if anyone knows of any gold shops that are fair and honest... They are with Thai gold.

Edited by asiapt
grammar correction

1 minute ago, asiapt said:

But I've also heard of farangs getting spot rates at certain gold shops. I'm simply asking if anyone knows of any gold shops that fair and honest... They are with Thai gold.

I sold 2 ounce maple leafs at one of the gold shops inside big C in Bangkok, ramkhamheang area. The gold shop is still there and I got very close to spit price, but these days I imagine there are a lot of sellers and not enough buyers for them to take risk in unpopular Farang gold.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mrfill said:

Krugerrands are 91.6% pure. They weigh 33.93g of which 31.103g is pure gold. (22ct) - 31.103g = 1 troy oz

Maples are 99.9% pure. They weigh 31.1035g of which 31.103g is pure gold. (24ct)

US Eagles are 22ct. US Buffalos are 24ct

Chinese Pandas are 24ct but only weigh 30g - slightly less than a troy oz.

Thai gold is usually 22ct (91.6%) or 23ct (96.5%)

True & thanks for the reminder I just kinda rushed that

But you bring up an important fact about actual weight equalizing things (mostly)

16 hours ago, bobyogi said:

Great resources about the buillion dealers, probably a lot easier to deal with as opposed running around to small shops!

Another possible buyer is ausiris

gold investment. 

I contacted Ausiris one time to buy 99.999 gold that I could take back and sell later in Oz. The guy told me they only dealt with gold shops but could recommend ones that would do that. Suggest contact them.

I had a similar problem with silver. I had bought 4 x 100 ounce bar from Singapore. Later I tried to sell one in the silver area of Chiang Mai. Took a Thai with me for translation. No luck. Bar either too big or they wanted to pay way below spot. I contacted the dealer I had bought from In Singapore and yes they buy back at the current buy back price. Next problem was to get the bars back to Singapore. I only found 1 transport company that would ship them at a huge insurance rate. Turned out it worked out cheaper for me to fly them to Singapore, stay one night, sell to dealer next day and fly back on flight to Chiang Mai.

• 1 month later...

I have tried all the various companies / gold shops in this thread and NONE are willing to pay the SPOT on Krugerands... I am looking to sell (so as to convert to Thai gold) as I live here permanently and will not be flying anywhere in the near future. 

ANYONE interested in buying krugerands FULL or HALF at 5% below SPOT - Contact me.

I am in Maha Sarakham area.