Thailand announces reopening rules for tourism reboot

snoop1130

Just now, Rampant Rabbit said:

how  about not tests  at  all just vaccinated

Well we know vaccinated people can get infected so perhaps not a good idea... less critical if coming from a country with low infection numbers perhaps. 

12 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

We'll have to live with covid...What do you suggest? Shutting down FOR EVER? All Thailand can do is mass immunization and exercise the controls as they doing. You have no right to critise or make gloomy predictions without offering a better solution.

"You have no right to critise or make gloomy predictions without offering a better solution.". Re-read what you posted. It sounds like you are in charge of the printed word. 

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

who must produce negative COVID-19 tests before and after arrival, plus COVID-19 insurance cover of at least $50,000.

i don't know exactly what they are charging in a hospitel if you are positive with no symptoms.

i have read about 150K baht but many insurance companies will now only cover for up to 5/6k per day for 14 days including the emirates insurance.

They need to stop the extortionate rip off cost of both the hospitels and the Covid insurance packages.

Imagine a Chinese bus tour and one of the passengers gets covid, are they then going to quarantine the whole bus?

If asymptomatic people need to be able to quarantine it needs to be at an acceptable cost and not in a rip off hospitel, making insurance affordable, or no tourists are coming.  

Edited by Dene16
delete word
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand announced rules on Friday for its quarantine-free reopening to visitors from 45 countries, in an effort to revive an economy struggling to recover from the collapse of its vital tourism sector.

Partially quarantine free.... Partially open.

Still too many hurdles for true tourists to bother jumping over to come to a country that's still half vaccinated, and half closed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thailand C.O.E., Thailand move-on, Thailand Sandbox, Thailand Pass, today it is Thailand reboot!

You can't make this stuff up but here it exists day in day out as soon as you wake up.  When these leaders get their heads out of the elephant behind see the light their projection numbers aren't going to be met when they announced " slow opening "  we expect it here but the continue stupid that comes along with it is very frustrating.

Those who will brave the journey under the same but reduced demands will surely find out how slow  when they get to the immigration Q!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, itsari said:

Money

Okay lets take a look at Phuket... as you're talking of money.

Money income via a few tourists... stays in the pockets of the chosen SHA hotels.

Locals didn't see any cascade or wealth.

Then the explosion of local infections that the government has to pay for via the health service.

Where's the profit?

5 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

its  anyone who aint vaccinateds  problem ,  yeah I  know  that wont be popular

It doesn't even make sense, it is the responsibility of the government to protect its people.  All of them. And factor in a new strain getting into the country.... rumours of a D+ now.

Edited by jacko45k

12 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

I'm with my Thai wife, we stay well away from all those stupid backpacker areas. Place is fine. No more murders can happen bc that would mean the three Burmese that they accused actually didn't do it. Which would mean the murder would still need to be chased down.

the murderer could still be on the island. danger danger

• Thanks 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

I hope not.... but Sky just reported it as more infectious. 

If  Thailand was  serious everyone would  have been vaccinated, if  Thailand was  serious there would  be  no  border  incursions from myanmar  etc bet you anything you can still easily  sneak across the border , if  not payment  guarnatees  it.......Burma  workers many still unregistered, kid works for me says they can get in and out ok by paying even  now

• Like 1

Just now, malibukid said:

the beaches and food on Bali are far better, the people generally less xenophobic.  i live there part of the year.  also surf that Thailand can only dream of fantastic restaurants. no sex tourism. only problem.  no flight currently.

Just now, Rampant Rabbit said:

If  Thailand was  serious everyone would  have been vaccinated, if  Thailand was  serious there would  be  no  border  incursions from myanmar  etc bet you anything you can still easily  sneak across the border , if  not payment  guarnatees  it.......Burma  workers many still unregistered, kid works for me says they can get in and out ok by paying even  now

But they haven't... we all know they were very slow to get off the mark and many mistakes were made. Now they work hard at it, with around 5 million vaccinations/week. Burma border is a bit of a distraction from  the topic

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

too funny - I assume they were going to do the test and get you the results back in 10mins lol

Shark tooth ring 

No, we had to do it in BKK within 72 hours. Ridiculous.

Like I said they could have done ATK tests and made 100b each.

Besides you're in a speed boat ....WIND

Clueless

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Burma border is a bit of a distraction from  the topic

not really as once any strain gets in its IN no way they can control it especially thru  illegal workers, already vaccinated  people are a  much  lower  risk of spreading https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02689-y

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

1 hour ago, darrenr said:

Until,direct flights from Brisbane Australia to Thailand recommence that are not through other Australian states then I won’t be coming ! To many changing rules both in Thailand and back here in Australia , I think I will wait another 6-12 months so I can travel with minimal/potential interruptions to places like Koh Chang 

have they done away with the COE requirement?

where do you get covid specific insurance , so you have to buy both covid and medical insurance or there a product where both are covered ?

Re' flights. Read this morning

( newspaper can't be named ) some gov'minister or other said these conditions all aplly to chartered flights, all others must sandbox. Maybe I'm reading it wrong !!!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

not really as once any strain gets in its IN no way they can control it especially thru  illegal workers, already vaccinated  people are a  much  lower  risk of spreading

The topic is reopening for tourism.....

As said, vaccinations are going on at a fair click, but due to the late start interim measures are here to get tourism at least 'warmed up'.... hopefully for better times. 

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Sorry you are losing me....

It is the problem of the country receiving them..... 

The data apparently show that the vaccinated are 90% less likely to become infected, and even if infected far less likely to infect others. So, yes it is a overwhelmingly a problem of the unvaccinated and Thailand is only allowing the vaccinated in without quarantine. Yes, there is a small risk of a vaccinated person being infected and infecting someone else, but do you think the country should be locked down forever?

• Like 1