1 Night AQ Pricing for "Quarantine Free Entry"

Shouldn't they be called ASNQ hotels? Alternative State No Quarantine?  After all, from 1 November fully vaccinated tourists can enter under the Exemption from Quarantine measures ????.

FCOwh-nVQA4t6pD.jpg.9e093d2d7735f5f536b16a0523bd4b51.jpg

(Originally posted by Bkk Brian on Aseannow.com)

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, 3STTW said:

What about kids? Kids coming from the approved countries will not be double vaccinated. Will they need to be quarantined for 7 days or are they just banned from entering?

This is what it states here on page 4 under note a the bottom of the page.

https://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Entering-Thailand-after-1-November-THandENG-final-1.pdf

image.png.150c9a914e6c6dafc8ea801ab027d6fc.png

I'd assumed that all foreign Suvarnabhum arrivals would have to stay one night in a Bangkok Hotel travelling there only by partitioned taxi. 

It seems we would be able to book in Sha+ in Pattaya. 

How would we be allowed to travel there, only by partitioned taxi?  Bus?  And at what cost? 

6 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I see it says "one night or until negative test result received" which would often require more than one night especially if the guest's flight got in late. ?

Indeed it wouldn't hurt if they could be a little more clear, and perhaps in a few days we will know more. However, I read it the other way round than you:

-A PCR test should take a few hours. If you arrive in the evening/night, indeed you need the 1 night stay. By noon the next day, you should be free to go.

-But if you arrive early morning, your result should be available before you even check-in.

I suppose that in this case, with a negative test in hand, you are free to go.

But better wait and see if possible, that's why I am delaying my trip by one week.

[incidentally, my 5 cents: to test negative 72 h before arrival and then require another test back-to-back is ridiculous. If an infection had developed, best would be to test 1 week after arrival]

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

If an infection had developed, best would be to test 1 week after arrival

Hence them slipping in the ATK:

"If experiencing no symptoms, travellers must use the provided ATK for COVID-19 self-testing on Day 6-7, and show the result to staff at the hotel or accommodation, as well as record the result (bot detected and non-detected) in the MorChana App."

Second bullet, point 9: https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

If I remember correctly your Day 1 starts 00:01-18:00

If you arrive at 18:01 or later it will be classed as Day 0, so you may have to book 2 nights

Here are some pictures taken from same discussion when changes were made in April.

I was lucky and managed to check out earlier and I got refunded the amount (days) not used

Here is my email to hotel regrading checking out after 10 nights instead of 11

ในวันที่ . 7 เม.. 2021 เวลา 16:28

I don’t want refund. I only want to follow CCSA advice. 

My flight arrived in BKK Airport Thailand 12:50hrs on April 4th. 

Because my flight arrived before 18:00hrs. 

My first day is same as arrival day April 4th. 

My 1st day of quarantine is April 4th. 

2nd day April 5th

3rd day April 6th

4th day April 7th

5th day April 8th

6th day April 9th

7th day April 10th

8th day April 11th

9th day April 12th

10th day April 13th final day of quarantine 

11th day April 14th. Is check out day. 

Time Query 4.jpg

Time Query 3.jpg

Time Query 2.jpg

Time Query 1.jpg

Time Query.jpg

48 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

How would we be allowed to travel there, only by partitioned taxi?  Bus?  And at what cost? 

Asking the same for a mate in Germany.
Can someone point me to the source for "two hour drive from Suvarnabhumi allowed"?

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, Lemonltr said:

I'd assumed that all foreign Suvarnabhum arrivals would have to stay one night in a Bangkok Hotel travelling there only by partitioned taxi. 

13 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Asking the same for a mate in Germany.
Can someone point me to the source for "two hour drive from Suvarnabhumi allowed"?

The SHA+ hotel would arrange your transport from the airport. The will also arrange your first covid 19 test.

People have been arriving at Suvarnabhumi and going to to a AQ hotel in Pattaya for some time now. 

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The SHA+ hotel would arrange your transport from the airport. The will also arrange your first covid 19 test.

People have been arriving at Suvarnabhumi and going to to a AQ hotel in Pattaya for some time now. 

I’ve completed 2 ASQ, (one was Pattaya) and can confirm transportation from BKK is included, and you MUST use the Hotel transport you CANNOT use any other, the cost of transportation will be included in your TOTAL Cost of Stay

I guess the 1 PCR will be added also

3.  ASQ
       – Confirmation of Alternative State Quarantine directly from the hotel. 
       – Reservation from Booking.com is not applicable

The above is from the Los Angeles Thai consulate website.

Just a heads up, it appears online broker site bookings are not accepted.

If I was a tourist and looking for a holiday destination d look at this and just book  another country.

Given that I’m not a tourist but I live in Bangkok, why can’t I have to the option to stay in my own home where i'd feel safer than staying in a hotel

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

3.  ASQ
       – Confirmation of Alternative State Quarantine directly from the hotel. 
       – Reservation from Booking.com is not applicable

The above is from the Los Angeles Thai consulate website.

Just a heads up, it appears online broker site bookings are not accepted.

Booking.com is not accepted because they do not include the tests, and transport for AQ (which is a requirement).

ASQ.in.th is accepted as it connects you with the hotel directly, and payment confirmation actually comes from the hotel because the payment is directly to the hotel.

Agoda bookings are also accepted, but have a very small selection of hotels at the moment, and still require you to connect with the actual hotel in order to get a valid payment confirmation.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

46 minutes ago, farang51 said:

@ThaiVisaCentre Will you get one day quotes for Phuket as well? So far you only have quotes from hotels in Bangkok.

We may need to wait until a few more things are clarified about SHA+, as we need to see transport, and tests booked.

But for example https://www.thailandpsas.com/ does not support the other SHA+ regions, so there may be a different platform or process for these tests for SHA+. Or the hotel needs to actually collect payment for the single test, at the moment we are unsure.

23 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

We have notified that hotel, as the test should be included in the price ;).

But I'm sure they will reconfirm this upon booking request.

Please bear with the hotels, as some may be more informed than others ????

It would be very interesting to see what these AQ hotels prices were (not including the PSR test) before the pandemic, as the owners would probably have brown envelopes to fill.

Unfortunately we have had multiple SHA+ hotels report that they will not be participating in the Test & Go scheme.

A few SHA+ hotels have informed us that only a few hotels can provide this Test & Go package at the moment. This condition does not depend solely on the hotel SHA+ status but also the hospital, and Department of control disease.

Because of this we urge anyone making bookings at SHA+ hotels assuming that it meets the Test & Go 1 day requirements to double confirm with the hotel, or just make a AQ booking.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Unfortunately we have had multiple SHA+ hotels report that they will not be participating in the Test & Go scheme.

A few SHA+ hotels have informed us that only a few hotels can provide this Test & Go package at the moment. This condition does not depend solely on the hotel SHA+ status but also the hospital, and Department of control disease.

Because of this we urge anyone making bookings at SHA+ hotels assuming that it meeds the Test & Go 1 day requirements to double confirm with the hotel, or just make a AQ booking.

I totally agree

No matter where you make your booking, make sure the Hotel confirm its approved for this new “Test & Go”

Measure twice, cut once

• Like 1

We had a report today of someone getting their COE approved with a 1 night AQ payment confirmation.

So it seems like it may be possible to apply for a COE using the new Test & Go program, as long as you qualify for the 1 night, and have the payment receipt from the AQ HOTEL.

• Thanks 1

The Thai Consulate in LA has published the following information on their website

Q7: My trip is scheduled during the transitional period between the current CoE system and the upcoming Thailand Pass system. What should I do?
A7: If you plan to enter Thailand in the first week of November 2021, it is recommended that you register in the CoE system (https://coethailand.mfa.go.th) no later than October 28, 2021 with an AQ hotel booking confirmation for 1 night (for fully vaccinated travelers). Our team at the Royal Thai Consulate-General, Los Angeles, will check your documents and approve your CoE. When Thailand Pass system is already in place (from November 1, 2021 onwards), it is suggested that you register through the new system to acquire Thailand Pass QR Code as well.

original source (refer to Q7)

This reconfirms our original assumption.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

We just got an update that said that the existing sandbox regions (Phuket, Phang Nga, Krabi and Suratthani), will not be participating in the Test & Go entry option.

This means that if you wish to enter Thailand under the newly announced 1 Day Test & Go option it must be through Bangkok, or Pattaya.

So if your intention is to travel to Thailand soon we advise booking an AQ through Bangkok, and Pattaya.

On 10/23/2021 at 7:05 AM, Sheryl said:

I see it says "one night or until negative test result received" which would often require more than one night especially if the guest's flight got in late. ?

I got my result in Phuket within three hours and was free to leave the hotel.

Guess it can go both ways.

56 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

We just got an update that said that the existing sandbox regions (Phuket, Phang Nga, Krabi and Suratthani), will not be participating in the Test & Go entry option.

This means that if you wish to enter Thailand under the newly announced 1 Day Test & Go option it must be through Bangkok, or Pattaya.

May I ask from where where you got that information? It does not sound plausible if it means that vaccinated arrivals in Phuket will need to do the 7 day sandbox after November 1st.