1 Night AQ Pricing for "Quarantine Free Entry"

1 hour ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

We just got an update that said that the existing sandbox regions (Phuket, Phang Nga, Krabi and Suratthani), will not be participating in the Test & Go entry option.

This means that if you wish to enter Thailand under the newly announced 1 Day Test & Go option it must be through Bangkok, or Pattaya.

So if your intention is to travel to Thailand soon we advise booking an AQ through Bangkok, and Pattaya.

I have my flight already to Phuket Nov 18 and have been waiting for the hotels to be released so that I can book a 1 night stay for my Visa. RoyalVacationsDMC shows 1 day stay hotels in Phuket (but they are expensive). What should I do?

We are working on a better way to clarify this.

Each hotel may have its own policy at the moment (this should be standardized soon).

But for example the following hotel does include "2 nights / 1 day". So if your test did overrun the first night then it would be included.

https://asq.in.th/asq-thailand-hotels/lohas-residences-sukhumvit

2 minutes ago, BigBrosMo said:

I have my flight already to Phuket Nov 18 and have been waiting for the hotels to be released so that I can book a 1 night stay for my Visa. RoyalVacationsDMC shows 1 day stay hotels in Phuket (but they are expensive). What should I do?

Not sure what they are selling.

If you must enter by Phuket you can grab one of these SHA+ hotels, and go through the Phuket Sandbox program.

https://asq.in.th/phuket-sandbox-hotels?sortSelectedItem=Lowest+Price

Hopefully things will be more clear soon.

I've got a flight booked to arrive in Bangkok 24th December. I'm wondering if I need to get in early and get a test-and-go hotel booked and paid for?  I'm not sure what the demand might be, and also the supply of hotels who would offer it.  I guess there are no downsides of booking well in advance.

Edited by Tuvoc

On 10/24/2021 at 1:32 AM, Fairynuff said:

Given that I’m not a tourist but I live in Bangkok, why can’t I have to the option to stay in my own home where i'd feel safer than staying in a hotel

I Understand the frustration, after a long trip, you want to go to your house. But unfortunately. not everyone can be trusted to follow the rules. So we have to go to a hotel where we will be made to follow the rules. 

On 10/24/2021 at 10:49 AM, wasabi said:

Thanks. Ideally with the reduced risk to insurers (Coverage needed dropped from 100 to 50k) I am hoping to see a drop in insurance price as well. We should not be paying the same amount for less coverage.

The 100k insurance only covered covid 19 . If I understand this correctly, the new 50K requirement covers everting, so expect it to be at least the same if not more. .

Anyone who has purchase the new 50k insurance please confirm. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

I've got a flight booked to arrive in Bangkok 24th December. I'm wondering if I need to get in early and get a test-and-go hotel booked and paid for?  I'm not sure what the demand might be, and also the supply of hotels who would offer it.  I guess there are no downsides of booking well in advance.

Demand is huge, we are processing close to 1,500 requests a day for only Bangkok / Pattaya 1 day Test & Go at the moment.

Due to this it may be advisable to book early.

You can find the Bangkok AQ's offering this here:

https://ASQ.in.th/1DAY

Some have refund polices, or at least the ability to move your stay if things change (you need to confirm with the hotels). 

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

7 hours ago, sirineou said:

I Understand the frustration, after a long trip, you want to go to your house. But unfortunately. not everyone can be trusted to follow the rules. So we have to go to a hotel where we will be made to follow the rules. 

The 100k insurance only covered covid 19 . If I understand this correctly, the new 50K requirement covers everting, so expect it to be at least the same if not more. .

Anyone who has purchase the new 50k insurance please confirm. 

We have yet to see any 50,000 USD insurance policies. Many of the insurers are keeping the 100,000 USD policies for simplicity it seems.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

So what exactly needs to be included by the hotel in its "1 day Test & Go" package?

Airport pick up?

PCR test - on premise or done at a secondary site??

Anything else? 

Thanks.

Airport pickup, and the tests.

For the AQ hotels most will do on Premise.

For SHA+ this may be done at a secondary site, and we have been informed this could cause delays.

Since it is not yet clear how to book a test at one of these secondary sites it is still advisable to book a 1 DAY AQ package.

Once this is clear we will update our platform to support the SHA+ process for using Test & Go (this seems to be delayed).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BigBrosMo said:

We called the hotels on that list, and they still do not yet know how the Test & Go process will be for Phuket.

For now we advise to wait before making any commitment in the sandbox regions if your intention was to use the Test & Go entry program.

Hopefully this will be clarified before the end of the week.

14 minutes ago, Gungpao said:

I am looking at flights that arrive to Bkk 11:35pm or 12:05 am. Does anyone know yet if 1 night aq is sufficient? Will hotels add a 2 day option?

Many hotels are allowing "2 night stay" (1 day).

Confirm with the hotel on how they may handle your situation.

Update on https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/:

"The website will allow traveller whose application has been pre-approved to continue their application process to obtain COE from the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulate-General until 7 November 2021."

So as long as you have pre-approval you can continue to submission past the Nov 1st cutoff date.

image.png

5 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Demand is huge, we are processing close to 1,500 requests a day for only Bangkok / Pattaya 1 day Test & Go at the moment.

Due to this it may be advisable to book early.

You can find the Bangkok AQ's offering this here:

https://ASQ.in.th/1DAY

Some have refund polices, or at least the ability to move your stay if things change (you need to confirm with the hotels). 

I've made my booking from the link above so will await confirmation from the hotel. It was an easy choice, it is the same ASQ hotel I used last time so I know it is good. 

• Like 1

We have an update on how SHA+ stay will work for the "Bangkok / Pattaya" sandbox, and Test & Go.

The SHA+ hotels will need to have a partner hospital, and also package the test, and hotel pickup into their rate.

Those who already made SHA+ "standard bookings" may have trouble meeting these requirements.

It is not clear if travelers can buy the test, and pickup separately (it seems to be packaged).

So the result is a similar purchase model as AQ stay.

On 10/24/2021 at 10:46 AM, ThaiVisaCentre said:

We have not seen any 50,000 USD packages created within Thailand yet. For now all of the 100,000 USD policies meet the reduced requirements.

If new policies are available we will add them to the comparison here:

https://asq.in.th/thailand-covid-insurance

Is there an age limit on the various policys?

Edited by Havenstreet1940

.The SHA+ hotels will need to have a partner hospital, and also package the test, and hotel pickup into their rate."

under the thailand pass ...will the one night quarantine price include return transportation to the airport for those doing onward travel by air within thailand ......eg , Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Chiang Mai etc

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, novo58 said:

.The SHA+ hotels will need to have a partner hospital, and also package the test, and hotel pickup into their rate."

under the thailand pass ...will the one night quarantine price include return transportation to the airport for those doing onward travel by air within thailand ......eg , Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Chiang Mai etc

Very unlikely... theoretically you are free to go and catch your own taxi from outside the hotel. 

AQ hotels provide the following: 

- SHA+ Approved transport from Airport to Hotel

- Hotel Room

- PCR Test (on arrival at hotel)

- Food may or may not be included in the package. 

- An additional night may or may not be required or included in the package depending on time of arrival 

(i.e. IF arriving after 18:00hrs the PCR test may be administered the next morning and processed in the day).

With regards to SHA+  that was / is a term for the approved hotels in the Phuket Sandbox / Samui Plus scheme where the PCR tests are booked outside of the package. 

In Bangkok any SHA+ hotel ‘has’ to operate in the same manner as the AQ hotel and include the PCR test and transport within the package.

Effectively, in Bangkok all SHA+ hotels are AQ hotels. 

• Like 2

On 10/25/2021 at 1:48 PM, ThaiVisaCentre said:

We just got an update that said that the existing sandbox regions (Phuket, Phang Nga, Krabi and Suratthani), will not be participating in the Test & Go entry option.

Why are you claiming to have advance knowledge on the above and other requirements?  What you claim may be correct but nothing is guaranteed until its announced by Prayuth.  He is clearly still working through the detail as he was due to comment on Friday but we are still waiting.

Having timed my arrival on the basis that there would be 'No Quarantine' and made one hotel booking that I've now had to cancel, I'm doing nothing more until I see an official announcent from Prayuth that is subsequently detailed on the Royal Thai Embassy's website.

30 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Why are you claiming to have advance knowledge on the above and other requirements?  What you claim may be correct but nothing is guaranteed until its announced by Prayuth.  He is clearly still working through the detail as he was due to comment on Friday but we are still waiting.

TVC are in regular contact with hotels in the sandbox areas. Obviously, those hotels are being told what kind of packages they should be prepared to offer, and this is a very strong indication of the direction things are headed. Further, Prayuth will not usually override any requirements set by provincial governors. Government restrictions are a baseline which can be augmented by provincial regulations.

20 minutes ago, BritTim said:

TVC are in regular contact with hotels in the sandbox areas. Obviously, those hotels are being told what kind of packages they should be prepared to offer, and this is a very strong indication of the direction things are headed. Further, Prayuth will not usually override any requirements set by provincial governors. Government restrictions are a baseline which can be augmented by provincial regulations.

Sorry but I trust nothing until its published officially and from the PM.  In addition, the Royal Thai Embassy in London often have requirements that differ from those of the government.  Its pointless to raise that with them because they just ignore you.

I know from some communications between myself/the RTE and carriers over the last month that airlines go by what is stated by the Thai Embassy in the country of departure and its the airlines that will be checking your documents comply. I won't be doing anything more until I see all the official details and how the embassy in London interprets them.

With COE, people thought they were dealing with Bangkok when in actual fact the embassy in their country was also involved - I know that as the RTE in London contacted my wife regarding her COE.  It would not surprise me if ThailandPass is exactly the same - hence my wanting to see what detail the RTE London publish.

Edited by KhaoYai

On 10/26/2021 at 8:53 AM, Tuvoc said:

I've made my booking from the link above so will await confirmation from the hotel. It was an easy choice, it is the same ASQ hotel I used last time so I know it is good. 

48 hours later, no response from the hotel.  Last year their responses were very quick, so I'm assuming that they are being flooded with booking requests !

So hotels that sell online for $30 usd a night are 130 for one night with test,transfer....and if you arrive late at night as many do it appears that two nights would be required.  Gee I wonder if some brown envelopes got passed around to make sure all the appropriate officials get their cut.  Of course they could test everyone on arrival at airport with a rapid test and skip the whole no quarantine quarantine gig but that would not allow hotels to charge 4 or 5 times their normal rate.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its the PCR tests that are costly...  Approx 3500 to 5500 baht depending on whatever the ‘paired’ hospital charges the hotel. 

Thus: for a 6000 baht a night AQ Room

+/- 4000 baht for PCR test

+/- 700 baht for SHA+ transport from the hotel

+/- 300 baht for meals

>> the hotel is making 1000 baht for the room for the night...

Figures are estimated, but when its broken down we see that its not the hotels which are ripping people off but the hospitals. 

In the UK I can get a PCR test for £35 (1600 baht). 

In Canada they charge us $200+ for a PCR test (5400baht), so 4000baht isn't a rip-off in comparison. Your 1600baht is a steal!

• Sad 1